Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Football Update: Swinney on possibility of coaching Alabama
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 42
| visibility 1

Football Update: Swinney on possibility of coaching Alabama

Apr 12, 2013, 9:10 AM

Swinney on possibility of coaching Alabama

Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Football Update: Swinney on possibility of coaching Alabama

Apr 12, 2013, 9:21 AM

The good news is Bama is the only school that could come calling that would make Dabo pick up the phone. You can't blame the guy. There are a lot of schools nationally that would I would enjoy working for but if Clemson came calling it wouldn't be a hard decision.

null

Apr 12, 2013, 6:42 PM

Excuse me, but there is no way in hail that Alabama is going after Dabo, when nobody, and I mean nobody, has pursued him in the least over the last four years. He is at home in Clemson because that's his only major option for now. If he wins 5 or 6 ACC titles in the next 10 years, then it might be a possibility....but now? That is too hilarious!

Well he has coached a team to 21-6 in the past two seasons,

Apr 18, 2013, 11:12 AM

a team that won an ACC Championship, beat one of the perennial premier teams in the SEC, and are going to be favorites for an ACC Championship this year as well as a dark horse national title contender.

He had one bad season where we took the eventual national champs to overtime, and our season went down hill after that same game when our QB took a cheap shot and cracked some ribs. His first season we went to our first ACC Championship game and #### near won that.

That's a pretty good resume I'd say. Maybe some schools don't come calling because they know he won't leave?

Message was edited by: tiggerz04®

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cliff Notes: If they ask, Im gone.***

Apr 12, 2013, 9:22 AM

Yep. My thoughts exactly. Boy he is all in huh!

Apr 13, 2013, 8:08 PM

Maybe we could get him to go now and keep The Chad.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 12, 2013, 9:24 AM

Wait is this the same guy that was just a glorified cheerleader who had never even been a coordinator

What ever happened to those posters that cried everyday

Apr 12, 2013, 10:54 AM

when Dabo was hired that he had never "even been a coordinator"? I think it would be hard for Dabo to leave Clemson if BAMA ever called but would not blame him. That would mean that he had really been successful at Clemson.

you act like he got the call? It's radio people filling air***

Apr 13, 2013, 5:09 PM [ in reply to Re: Football Update: Swinney on possibility of coaching Alabama ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

They'll never ask and we don't mind. Dabo=Clemson***

Apr 12, 2013, 9:28 AM

Dabo getting a call from Bama ...

Apr 12, 2013, 9:29 AM

...would be like most of us getting a call from Clemson.

With a lot more money attached.

badge-donor-20yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-revdodd.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Hopefully that call comes a few years down the road.

Apr 12, 2013, 9:32 AM

Would probably mean a few more ACC Titles and a National Championship for Clemson.

Come on. You can do better than that. "a" isn't plural.***

Apr 12, 2013, 9:34 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

haha yeah at least one. That's a pre-req for the Bama job

Apr 12, 2013, 9:36 AM

I would think.

Of course he goes if asked, however.....

Apr 12, 2013, 9:41 AM

I don't care who is next on Bama's list...not sure I want to follow Saban if I had a good gig already. No way to replicate what he has done and anything short of that will be a failure in Bama fans eyes.

Re: If he does not beat S. Carolina, this year, then I hope

Apr 12, 2013, 9:47 AM

he is there next year. I hope he beats SC and everyone else, for the next two years, and has every school trying to hire him,

That's a fair, honest answer

Apr 12, 2013, 10:02 AM

The longer Dabo stays here, the more and more his blood will turn from Crimson to Orange. But, then again, look at Roy Williams: I thought he had made his home & legacy as a Jayhawk after, what, 15 years? I think, at the end of the day, it's how you feel about one place vs. the other. Wouldn't blame Dabo one bit if Alabama came calling one day and he went home.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It IS where he played his college football. Like Revdodd

Apr 15, 2013, 9:00 PM

said, Clemson to us is like Alabama to Dabo.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Gamecocks aren’t ready to take college football by storm just yet. They’re not even ready to compete in their own state – Clemson will still own the territory. Gamecocks fans would be smart to keep their heads buried until that time. Avoid talking trash to a much better Clemson program.” -Dustin Tackett

You have to be kidding....

Apr 12, 2013, 10:16 AM [ in reply to Re: If he does not beat S. Carolina, this year, then I hope ]

I don't get these people that are ready to commit suicide because u$uc has had a good run. I bet you quit the market and earn 1.5% in T-Bills because the markets go down once in a while too.

2 degrees from Clemson, and I am not concerned one bit that while we are winning 11 games a year, u$uc is having a good run too. My life does not revolve around a bunch of #####.

^^^ What he said ^^^***

Apr 12, 2013, 10:21 AM

63-17

I hear ya***

Apr 12, 2013, 10:51 AM [ in reply to You have to be kidding.... ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-willmo.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cat on a tin roof, dogs in a pile,
Nothin' left to do but smile, smile, smile!!!!

Clap, clap, clap!! Seems like some people are overly

Apr 12, 2013, 10:59 AM [ in reply to You have to be kidding.... ]

obsessed with the coots and might be getting some payback for their trash talking all those years we dominated.

Re:Nae, some of us just get tired of get our butts beat

Apr 12, 2013, 8:56 PM

by them ever year. i am glad you can live with it.

You think replacing Dabo will immediately solve that

Apr 15, 2013, 8:54 PM

problem? More likely, they would continue to win the rivalry game as we would take several steps backward. But you know more than our athletic directors and Dabo and everyone else.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Gamecocks aren’t ready to take college football by storm just yet. They’re not even ready to compete in their own state – Clemson will still own the territory. Gamecocks fans would be smart to keep their heads buried until that time. Avoid talking trash to a much better Clemson program.” -Dustin Tackett

Roll Tajh Roll***

Apr 12, 2013, 10:00 AM

Re:

Apr 12, 2013, 10:35 AM

Maybe this interview is just to keep chad around an extra year or two ;)

Re:

Apr 12, 2013, 11:26 AM

Now there's a thought! Don't believe that would be a bad thing at all.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm all for it: If Bama ever hires Dabo it'll mean he's won

Apr 12, 2013, 11:27 AM

a National Championship at Clemson

Dabo IS home

Apr 12, 2013, 1:50 PM

When I was a kid they used to have those planes that flew over the stadium with a message behind them. One of them always came over that said "Hey Bama, Danny IS home"! We usually get great coaches from Alabama and before all is said and done, I hope we will be flying those messages again, only this time it will say "Dabo IS home!" By the way, we all see where Coach Ford chose to settle down when his coaching days were over.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Dabo IS home

Apr 12, 2013, 6:53 PM

Wait, he doesn't sound "All In"

Apr 12, 2013, 7:24 PM

N.O.T. G.O.N.N.A. H.A.P.P.EN.

Dabo is ALL IN and Bama's program (ethics wise) does not fit into Dabo's mindset! Think on that before you reply otherwise.

He has found his home, and as long as he is successful, he will stay here, build an elite program of his own and will be in NO ONES shadow (Bear, Saban).

Dabo KNOWS he and HIS program are on the edge of greatness. He will build his own legacy at Clemson rather than take the chance elsewhere.

So dismiss all this crazy Bama talk. Move on, nothing to see there folks!

GO TIGERS!!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 12, 2013, 8:51 PM

Exactly what you said!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 16, 2013, 5:37 AM [ in reply to Re: Football Update: Swinney on possibility of coaching Alabama ]

Dabo is very much living in the long shadow of Danny Ford!

Alabama would start losing to Auburn.***

Apr 12, 2013, 11:03 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

For the sake

Apr 13, 2013, 2:27 PM

of being asked the question that was a good reply by Dabo. When he leaves Here it will be to a school like MTSU or Memphis.
It was a good answer to the question. Just can't believe the question was asked.

drummer, have you

Apr 15, 2013, 8:58 PM [ in reply to Alabama would start losing to Auburn.*** ]

put in your resume to be the next Clemson football coach?

You really should because I know you would be better than Dabo. You would never lose to usuc!

That's allright, if he goes, we still got "The Chad"!!***

Apr 13, 2013, 7:26 AM

Don't threaten us with a good time, dabo. can't wait!!***

Apr 13, 2013, 10:18 AM

Not an "All In" kind of answer***

Apr 13, 2013, 5:37 PM

We drew to an inside straight when we hired Dabo.

Apr 14, 2013, 9:06 AM

I hope he knows this and remembers the patients we've shown as he develops "heart's desire."

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It's Called Survival People

Apr 14, 2013, 9:34 AM

This question was asked by an Alabama radio station. Dabo surely has to go home on occasion. What if he said "I love Bama, but no one could ever get me to leave Clemson"? Those necks would be trying to run him off the road and burn him at the stake if he ever showed himself in Alabama.

Also never squash a good negotiation tactic. Dabo doesn't want more money, but he does want more investment in the program. It's all good.

Dabo to Bama

Apr 14, 2013, 9:38 AM

Would never happen.

Apr 14, 2013, 10:30 AM

"Mr. All In" No better place to be than right here in Death Valley SC Baby WHOAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!! "What they say now?!?!!?!?!?!?!!?!?!?!?!?

Replies: 42
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic