Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Football Update: John Swofford on Clemson's win over Georgia
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 24
| visibility 1

Football Update: John Swofford on Clemson's win over Georgia

Sep 3, 2013, 9:57 AM

John Swofford on Clemson's win over Georgia

Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

wow

Sep 3, 2013, 10:00 AM

He just can't bring himself to do it can he?

Re: wow

Sep 3, 2013, 1:31 PM

Exactly!!! What a dirty smelling AS$ he is. They ask him a direct question about Clemson, and he answers with the conference as a whole. I don't care how many times he lies about what HE had done to Clemson by lobbying for an extra year of probation over the NCAA punisment. He is a dirty no good lier. Any time Clemson comes to his attention, his distaste for Clemson still shows. And Clemson plays for Clemson/fans, and not his basketball conference. And no, it wasn't bigger for the conference as it was for Clemson you AS$ sucking chit eater. All conferences still laughs at the acc as a FB conference as a whole. We could win the NC, and the laughs for the CONFERENCE would still be heard out loud.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Swofford's comments on the UNC loss to SCAR:

Sep 3, 2013, 10:06 AM

"We just really didn't want to be there...." (Judging by the results, I may sympathize with that line of thinking.)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

In spite of claims by Phallus fans to the contrary....

Sep 3, 2013, 10:16 AM

UNCheat is not a good team although a very favorable schedule may result in their finishing the season with at least eight wins.

at South Carolinaa
Middle tennessee State
Open
at Georgia Tech
East Carolina
at Virginia Tech
Open
Miami
Boston College
at NC State
Virginia
at Pitt
Old Dominion
Duke

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

A bigger win for the ACC?

Sep 3, 2013, 10:15 AM

I heard a few chants for ACC in the crowd during final second countdown, and I was like," No way, We didn't win for the ACC, we won for Clemson." They have always gone out of their way to find faults with us through the years, while covering up faults by others (UNC test scoring). We are in this as a family, a Clemson family, nothing more.
Very proud of our guys effort Saturday night, and I hope all our conference neighbors win all their games except one all year. But I don't pull for any of them, except when it helps our power rankings.
Go Tigers!

To me the "ACC" chant is all about jabbing at Georgia and

Sep 3, 2013, 10:21 AM

the SEC. The overwhelming majority of Clemson fans stand on Clemson alone. However, you just know it digs on Georgia fans when we announce to the world that they lost to what the media wants you to believe is an inferior conference's team.

null

I think if you asked everyone who was doing it, 85%

Sep 3, 2013, 10:24 AM

would say they were doing it mockingly to make fun of UGAy, the SEC, AND the ACC

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Football Update: John Swofford on Clemson's win over Georgia

Sep 3, 2013, 10:22 AM

His quote "We’re playing the toughest non-conference schedule of any conference in the country. "

This is typically true of the WEAKEST conference in the country, so I'm not sure about what he really means here.

The ACC has a solid history of tough OOC schedules

Sep 3, 2013, 10:35 AM

Regardless of how strong or weak the overall perception of the conference is. That's something the ACC (and even other 3rd party sources) are quick to point out, especially when comparing against other conferences like the SEC that like to play pitiful OOC schedules.

First of all

Sep 3, 2013, 7:15 PM [ in reply to Re: Football Update: John Swofford on Clemson's win over Georgia ]

The ACC is not the weakest conference in America.

Last year's Bowls state/remove the media bias B$, imo.

Don't give me the LSwho or USC did not want to be there speech either.

I think that the media downgrades the ACC to keep their precious SEC in better standards in recruiting, which looks out for their investment. As we are the SEC's #1 threat. Especially, after the recent expansions over the past 2 years.

Re: First of all

Sep 4, 2013, 9:19 AM

On this one you are all over it!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Is it basketball season yet?"

Sep 3, 2013, 10:23 AM

"Clemson should've beat UGA. They have better post players."

It is Coach Swinney to you, Swofford, also...

Sep 3, 2013, 11:05 AM

about that being big for the conference, like Tajh Boyd said after the game, that's not how we do it. That win was for Clemson.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

depending on how miami does this year

Sep 3, 2013, 11:08 AM

the ACC has the opportunity to be considered the second best conference next year with the addition of Louisville

Brad Brownell: more losses than any other coach in school history.

Yes, and teams like Pitt/Syracuse can make a push with

Sep 3, 2013, 7:19 PM

the league/their history.

ND gives exposure, but I feel the ACC gives back to ND in validation in the end.

Anybody that thinks Swofford is happy for us.....

Sep 3, 2013, 12:41 PM

"Don't buy that lie!" I will still never forgive that SOB for the underhanded way he made sure the ACC gave us an additional year of probation back in 82 when he was the AD at UNC. His actions cost us at least 1, maybe 2 ACC championships. Some may forgive, but I'll never forget!!! I don't trust him at all when it comes to Clemson.

ACC ACC ACC

Sep 3, 2013, 1:58 PM

I was at the game and I was among the thousands that chanted "ACC..." I was proud of that moment. However, if I'm completely honest with you as we'll as myself, I had the faces of all the obnoxious "chicken" fans that I know and work with in my mind. I live in gamecock country so as you can imagine, I hear crap about the SEC all the time. Lets just say that I didn't hear any ACC jokes Monday morning:) GO TIGERS!!!

the next question should had been...

Sep 3, 2013, 2:50 PM

"hey Johnny...how'd ole North Carolina shake up?"

lol

Sounds like Swoffy is trying to brand the ACC the same way

Sep 3, 2013, 2:55 PM

the SEC has been branded. Problem is, that boat has already sailed and it makes us look like a whiny little brother.

Swofford announces a year probation

Sep 3, 2013, 3:09 PM

and all kickoffs will be at 12:30 for violating rule 1.1.1.1.1 of the ACC handbook.

"Thou shalt not do anything that takes away the spotlight from UNC basketball."

That's Coach Swinney to you, Mr. Swofford.

Sep 3, 2013, 3:19 PM

nm

Screw you Swofford. That win wasn't for the league.

Sep 3, 2013, 3:29 PM

It was for Clemson.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

Yeah we're tired of carrying the rest of you pansies!***

Sep 3, 2013, 7:33 PM

Re: Football Update: John Swofford on Clemson's win over Georgia

Sep 3, 2013, 8:03 PM

Who is this guy John Swofford......anybody know? Somebody please tell him to go back to sleep or play golf or something that approaches meaningful significance.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 24
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic