Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TNET: Former Clemson coach's son receives offer
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 7
| visibility 2,368

TNET: Former Clemson coach's son receives offer

Jun 6, 2018, 10:59 PM

Former Clemson coach's son receives offer

Dallas (Texas) Highland Park 2020 quarterback Chandler Morris announced a Clemson offer on Wednesday. Morris is the son of former Clemson offensive coordinator Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That would be ironic ...***

Jun 6, 2018, 11:37 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: TNET: Former Clemson coach's son receives offer

Jun 7, 2018, 8:40 AM

Is this a serious offer or just a "thank you" to The Chad?

Maybe both? He had 35 TDs over 8 games...impressive.***

Jun 7, 2018, 8:48 AM

Re: Maybe both? He had 35 TDs over 8 games...impressive.***

Jun 7, 2018, 11:39 AM

Most of our QB's that has gotten the starting job, or as the backup, they have came in at 190 plus pounds, and had to gain up to 200 plus pounds of muscle to with stand the beating that a fast pace offense QB gets. With that thought, I'm thinking the offer was more on the TY Chad, and the offer will help the kid to get more looks from other schools. Just his size tells me that he wouldn't ever start on a D1 championship team anywhere. He will be a junior next season and he isn't rated, and with his only offer being a Clemson offer. I believe in miracles, but for the Chad's son to ever see the field at Clemson as a QB would be beyond any miracle I've ever heard of. I'm not saying that it couldn't happen, I'm just saying that I don't think that it would happen!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 7, 2018, 7:37 PM

His stats were put up against JV competition, you can hear the announcer even say it in one of the highlights. The opponents are noticeably smaller than we’re used to seeing in highlight reels. I’m sure this was just a thank you to coach Morris.

Jun 7, 2018, 8:00 PM

Highland Park won state the past two seasons with Jerry Jones' grandson playing quarterback. He was a very good high school quarterback and got a scholarship to Arkansas, but he's way undersized which shows how much pull having money and owning the Dallas Cowboys can get done. There's no way the Jones kid gets a scholarship to Arkansas without grandpa pulling some strings. Doesn't speak well for Morris, either, but his son was on the JV because he was behind Jones.
That's not really a knock on him because Jones was a really good high school QB and they did win the past two state titles.
We don't know whether the younger Morris is any good yet, or not, but he has gone to camps which we don't see so he may be showing some things there that we don't know about. This is one you might want to wait and see how it plays out without slamming the kid.

Jun 7, 2018, 7:57 PM

It amazes me to read some of the comments you guys come up with. You talk about this kids size, you talk about competition and how CU is offering a former coach a thank you. Good grief!!! First off , the kid is still growing and 6' 170lbs is not what he will end up being. Secondly, they look at other things than competition--look at his arm strength and how he delivers the ball, his speed and quickness. As far as a thank you, so what??? The kid spent a few years here and may want to play here--who knows. You guys(and me) know very little about all the ins and outs of D1 football, these coaches make their living doing this----so why not sit back and soak it all in.JMO.

Replies: 7
| visibility 2,368
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic