Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Anybody else sit through 2002 Thursday night game in rain?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 15
| visibility 1

Anybody else sit through 2002 Thursday night game in rain?

Oct 2, 2015, 7:17 PM

That sucked. Got our but kicked. Parking lots were a mud pit.
That's probably the worst crowd attendance I have seen in person and Wikipedia lists the attendance at 78k

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Anybody else sit through 2002 Thursday night game in rain?

Oct 2, 2015, 7:26 PM

Was that the NC State game?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

yep***

Oct 2, 2015, 7:29 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I think all of you have this game mistaken for MARYLAND

Oct 2, 2015, 8:41 PM [ in reply to Re: Anybody else sit through 2002 Thursday night game in rain? ]

the NC state game was on a thursday, but my memory and the Clemson Media guide remembers no rain. We lost that one 38-6 and only scored on a miller kickoff return. the attempted onside kick was returned for the touchdown for an epic beatdown. i drove from west virginia for this game and it snowed on me before i left, but i don't remember any rain.

we lost to Maryland later that year like 30-12 or so. i believe that is the game y'all are thinking of. i missed this one because of my sick, now ex wife. one of the few clemson games i have missed that i have been glad i was not in attendance. it seems like that was the rainy nasty mess.

i could be wrong, 13 years is rough on the old memory. either game, they were both miserable.

ALL IN!!

Def NC State that game. Miserable all around

Oct 2, 2015, 9:53 PM

I wore rain boots and one got sucked off in lot 2 mud... I sat in a box that game and remember being embarrassed that I had muddy boots on with the crowd I visited with.

We. Also had a gully washer against GT one year and then we had a September in which it rained every game.

Regardless, this mess forecasted will trump them all if even 75% true. Clemson flooded last night with 4" of rain.

Oct 2, 2015, 10:51 PM [ in reply to Re: Anybody else sit through 2002 Thursday night game in rain? ]

Yep at that game and the Gator Bowl against Syracuse in 1996.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 2, 2015, 11:30 PM

I was at both. That Gator Bowl was by far worse. Driving rain, sparse crowd, zero defense, McNabb to Harrison ~3 times for 40+ yards each time, & we didn't get a single, d@mn point on the board. And to be 7 hours from home din't help either. 1st & only time I ever left a game early..

“To See a World in a Grain of Sand
And a Heaven in a Wild Flower,
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand
And Eternity in an hour.” WB

Oct 2, 2015, 7:40 PM

Was my first Thursday night game. And to make matters worse I was right behind the NCSU fans. Ranks right below UGA '03 as my worst experience.

That was crazy rain vs NC State

Oct 2, 2015, 7:41 PM

Thursday night and that rain was the hardest I sat in for a duration. It was coming down so hard I just remember laughing at my self as it was so hard and we were getting beat bad and I was in the upper deck. Then after game had to get in a car and drive to mountains of Georgia- I am lucky I survived that night.

I wonder if that was as hard as it may be tomorrow when they predict 3-4 inches per hour at some points during game. We need people to find ways to wear orange. I remember that night being so dark with black rain suits and navy blues that there was little orange. Find a way to wear orange even if you have to put an orange poncho over your normal stuff.

for some reason, fans in 80's had more orange rain gear

Oct 2, 2015, 7:47 PM

I recall 87 UGA and 88 FSU misting rain, and more orange in stands because of the rain gear. I guess when we started the purple crap in the 90's, we lost that

yes***

Oct 2, 2015, 7:57 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 2, 2015, 8:23 PM

I was there! Couldn't have been any wetter if someone soaked me with the hose.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

yes, it was the loss that was horrible***

Oct 2, 2015, 8:31 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I was there. Times have changed.***

Oct 2, 2015, 8:49 PM

Oct 2, 2015, 9:01 PM

that was depressing. I was there.

gater bowl vs cuse.......lmfwao.***

Oct 2, 2015, 11:16 PM

Replies: 15
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic