Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Seeing this on my insta feed today a couple times....
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 33
| visibility 1

Seeing this on my insta feed today a couple times....

Jun 1, 2020, 10:25 PM

Would love the opinion of this from our resident leftists....I imagine I known how righties feel and to avoid coloring the discussion, I’ll withhold opinion until later. So is this awesome? Dumb? Something else?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Seeing this on my insta feed today a couple times....

Jun 1, 2020, 10:40 PM

Does BIPOC include Asians? Or include say Tamils, but exclude Japanese? Do Arabs fit in there? But only in their indigenous lands, not if they are in North America?

I’m wondering why not just POC? Seems overly pretentious like all the extra letters and symbols added to LGB.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Dumb***

Jun 1, 2020, 10:41 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Honestly, it looks like

Jun 1, 2020, 10:46 PM

dumb, millennial, bullshid at first glance. Millennials love the fugg outta internet marketing, themes, and memes. Where some might need or find inspiration/motivation in something like this, it doesn’t appeal to me. If it does make someone aware that black people got the short end of the social contract, well good, it’s a start. I’d rather white people just be honest with ourselves that some Americans don’t enjoy the same rights that we do, and it is well past time to do something about it. Black Americans can’t do it on their own.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Honestly, it looks like

Jun 1, 2020, 10:52 PM

Virtue signaling.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Internet popularized conglomowords don’t really help

Jun 1, 2020, 11:50 PM

the discussion, it ain’t about me. It is about a set of Americans that don’t enjoy the same rights as another group when our laws clearly apply to both. That shouldn’t be ok with anybody.

Jun 1, 2020, 11:03 PM [ in reply to Honestly, it looks like ]

Very well said Ole Sac. A wise man once said that "Evil spreads when good men do nothing".

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 2, 2020, 6:55 AM [ in reply to Honestly, it looks like ]

Just one point of clarification- millennials are in our 30’s with children and careers and mortgages. I think maybe you are referring to Gen Z who grew up on social media and are the “woke” generation.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

What rights are they missing that the rest of us have?***

Jun 2, 2020, 8:38 AM [ in reply to Honestly, it looks like ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-lakebum1-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Maybe your interactions with peace officers in the past

Jun 2, 2020, 4:52 PM

have inured you to their unpleasantness, but the fact remains that as long as data has been tracked, black people are stopped and searched at a higher percentage rate than white people. Black and Hispanic people are ~50% more likely to experience some form of force (lethal/nonlethal) during a police interaction. Not to mention that our nation's drug laws were designed with the intention of incarcerating members of the black community.

The right to be treated equally under the law is an important foundation of our legal system. So you think that you don't like dealing with the po-po...trying being Black Lakebum and see how that goes.

Jun 1, 2020, 11:01 PM

I'd say sort of a dumb way to get a message across, but to each his own.

I had to look it up, BIPOC stands for Black, Indigenous, People of Color

I'm taking my white privilege and going to eat some Ben & Jerry's in solidarity with

other New York Super Fudge Chunk lovers. (my fist is in the air right now)

(now it's not, it's holding a spoon)

If they thought of this his/herself, then great

Jun 1, 2020, 11:32 PM

but if this is just a trend and they're following it, then they're no better than anyone else.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It’s what all the cool kids are doing.

Jun 2, 2020, 12:33 AM

https://stayhipp.com/news/amplifymelanatedvoices-muted-instagram-challenge-mutethewhitenoise/

Jun 2, 2020, 6:56 AM

If I tan exceptionally well, do I count as a Melanated voice? Haven’t seen that one before.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You are welcome.

Jun 2, 2020, 8:56 AM

I've told those liberal panty waist to STF U many times.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

For someone who's muted, those are a lot of words.***

Jun 2, 2020, 9:02 AM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Falsehood flies, and truth comes limping after it, so that when men come to be undeceived, it is too late; the jest is over, and the tale hath had its effect: like a man, who hath thought of a good repartee when the discourse is changed, or the company parted; or like a physician, who hath found out an infallible medicine, after the patient is dead.
- Jonathan Swift

I'd like to see more muting on social media.

Jun 2, 2020, 9:09 AM

:)

For some people it's just virtue signalling.

Jun 2, 2020, 9:26 AM

In some cases it's a well-intentioned effort by people who aren't taking to the streets, but want to feel like they're doing something, no matter how trivial, to contribute and show support. And I'm sure there's some overlap between those two groups.

Also nothing that happens on Instagram matters.

That seems to be the new trend in the woke community....

Jun 2, 2020, 9:28 AM

seeing it all over the place now.

There is a certain belief that all white people are racist by default and that the only way to become a recovered racist is to drop all of your opinions, stop voicing any opinions, and shut-up and listen to all black, indigenous, and people of color (BIPOC).

I follow a few of the "voices" in this movement. I originally was honestly interested in learning how they think and why. It quickly became evident that they have a set of opinions, in large part formed on the wide generalization of problems. Every discussion is from a Us vs. Them/They perspective. And then the comments flow from white people looking for absolution from their sins and relief of their white guilt.

Ally Henny is a very good example of this on Facebook. There is absolutely no way to have a dialogue on the topics of her post without being called a racist.

Re: That seems to be the new trend in the woke community....

Jun 2, 2020, 9:34 AM

I've got a SJW friend on Facebook, but I only reply to his posts every 6 months or so, because I inevitably get called a racist white man, and last time his girlfriend tracked down my personal and professional information so she could rant on about me to all 1,397 (actual number) of SJW's friends.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Falsehood flies, and truth comes limping after it, so that when men come to be undeceived, it is too late; the jest is over, and the tale hath had its effect: like a man, who hath thought of a good repartee when the discourse is changed, or the company parted; or like a physician, who hath found out an infallible medicine, after the patient is dead.
- Jonathan Swift

If Qualified Captain does that, I'm dropping instagram

Jun 2, 2020, 9:30 AM

faster than I dropped Facebook after the Blue Dogs played.

Whew...checking in safe.

Jun 2, 2020, 9:32 AM

<###### async src="//www.instagram.com/embed.js">

Thanks for the thoughts.....it seems that we are mostly

Jun 2, 2020, 9:39 AM

In agreement that those posting this would generally be the first to die in a horror film. I almost feel bad for those who post this in full sincerity....The level of submissiveness and self-loathing required to believe that you don’t deserve an opinion for a week, on any topic, is on the level of battered-wife syndrome.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I think it's just virtue signaling gone batchit.

Jun 2, 2020, 9:45 AM

They'd play the role of zombie in a horror movie.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The purpose is to make room for voices that are often not

Jun 2, 2020, 9:54 AM [ in reply to Thanks for the thoughts.....it seems that we are mostly ]

heard. It's not about self-loathing or submission.

And let's not lose perspective here. These people are just refraining from posting stuff on instagram for a few days. It's not a tremendous statement.

My FB feed is filled with black boxes....

Jun 2, 2020, 9:56 AM

how is that making any room for anything?

If someone wants to shut-up for a day, then great. But you don't shut-up by making a post that you've shut-up...that part is just bringing more attn to yourself.

Oh man, exactly. That’s what I’m seeing today

Jun 2, 2020, 9:59 AM

Too. Those that posted that yesterday are black boxing it today, saying “look at me, I’m muted”

It makes more sense on IG than FB.

Jun 2, 2020, 10:06 AM [ in reply to My FB feed is filled with black boxes.... ]

And it makes more sense for someone with a lot of followers versus Joe Jerkoff who's only followed by friends and family, which is a long way of saying I largely agree with you.

What’s not heard?

Jun 2, 2020, 9:58 AM [ in reply to The purpose is to make room for voices that are often not ]

A certain subset of the police force are over-empowered diiicks. A smaller subset are racist over-empowered diicks. A larger subset of the black community doesn’t trust the police due to antics of said police diicks. What message is lost?

That's an entirely different conversation.***

Jun 2, 2020, 10:04 AM

I thought white people not speaking out was part of the

Jun 2, 2020, 10:15 AM [ in reply to The purpose is to make room for voices that are often not ]

problem though? This is all so confusing, almost as if there's nothing that can be done to assuage these "unheard voices".

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-lakebum1-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Race issues are thorny and liberals aren't monolithic.

Jun 2, 2020, 10:27 AM

I'm sure there are countless white people loudly supporting protestors on social media while other white people who share their sensibilities are doing the opposite. They have the same goals but employ different methods to show their support.

Bullchit.

Jun 2, 2020, 10:40 AM [ in reply to The purpose is to make room for voices that are often not ]

I don't instagram, twitter or facebook. If you're going to not post then don't post. If you're not going to tweet then don't tweet. If you're not going to instagram then don't instagram. Tweeting that you're not going to tweet over and over again is virtue signaling.

There is a validity in the idea that white people cannot

Jun 2, 2020, 5:37 PM [ in reply to Thanks for the thoughts.....it seems that we are mostly ]

fully comprehend the black experience in America. But unless you are open to it, you will always find these kinds of things ridiculous. And that is your absolute right. I personally feel my own opinion is too important, relevant and brilliant not to share it, so I am choosing not to follow any sort of black out on my posting. Nonetheless, I get what people are trying to say.

If you've never been black you don't know what that's like. My wife was discriminated against as a white woman at an all black school where she was doing speech therapy. But she recognizes that she only had to deal with it for the time she was there. It doesn't make it right, but black people can only let their guard down when they know they are in a safe place. We generally exist in a safe place and just have to watch out for moments when we are not. It's a different existence and that's all people are trying to say with those black boxs.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-fordprefect.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 33
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic