Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Well, Self did the same thing in his post game comments
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 21
| visibility 1

Well, Self did the same thing in his post game comments

Mar 25, 2018, 7:36 PM

as he did after our game! Made no mention of his opponent!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Really did not have a feeling one way or the other about

Mar 25, 2018, 7:42 PM

Self before this weekend. Can't stand the guy now after watching the games this weekend. He's a first class jerk.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Who cares. He doesn't coach Duke or Clemson***

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sportsmanship, it's a real thing. Nothing Self exhibits in

Mar 25, 2018, 7:51 PM

any way.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Real sportsmanship versus "coach talk" after games...

Mar 25, 2018, 7:55 PM

are two different things. When coaches praise other teams in postgame interviews it's no different than the fake smiles at Chick Fil A with the "my pleasure" on the end of it. I could take it or leave it. If people need to feel their team is validated in the eyes of opposing coaches than so be it. I couldn't care less what Bill Self thinks of Clemson and the effort we put forth. We played our hearts out and that's all I cared about. This board just like sot nitpick for whatever reason.

Re: Real sportsmanship versus "coach talk" after games...

Mar 25, 2018, 8:20 PM

He's 'ish'. I prefer class, personally.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Recognizing the effort of your opponent in an honest

Mar 25, 2018, 8:22 PM [ in reply to Real sportsmanship versus "coach talk" after games... ]

expression is true sportmanship. I appreciate it when I see it. It doesn't have to be fake. We'll just have to disagree on this issue.

When it's genuine I think we all appreciate it...

Mar 25, 2018, 8:26 PM

I would say most of the time it's not though. It's all memorized talking after games, checking off the boxes of what to mention in formal fashion. Me personally, I'd rather hear the blunt truth/opinion of the coach rather than listen to the charade. Now, if he can't say anything positive during the handshakes, that's a major problem.

That seems to be the modern way. Show no respect for anyone.

Mar 25, 2018, 8:35 PM [ in reply to Recognizing the effort of your opponent in an honest ]

Don't show it to your bettors, your inferiors, or your equals. Don't open the door for anyone. Don't allow anyone to merge in front of you in traffic. Don't sit down so an older fan can see the game who sits behind you, because, well, you paid hard earned money for your tickets. Don't let your wife out at the door to the restaurant and then go park your car. Don't say "thank you" to the waitress who refills your tea.Don't open your car door softly so that you don't dent your neighbors car.

I could go on and on and on.....and wouldn't we all love to live in a world like that.....Not me. Maybe I am just old fashioned. But, I like manners and common decency, for what it is worth.

The issue isn't the lack of showing respect...

Mar 25, 2018, 8:38 PM

the issue is the lack of feeling respect towards others.

Spud you would make a perfect friend and neighbor. Your

Mar 25, 2018, 9:05 PM [ in reply to That seems to be the modern way. Show no respect for anyone. ]

values are spot on!!!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I will admit, I sometimes go fishing when the grass needs

Mar 25, 2018, 11:10 PM

cuttin'................

Re: That seems to be the modern way. Show no respect for anyone.

Mar 25, 2018, 9:25 PM [ in reply to That seems to be the modern way. Show no respect for anyone. ]

I so agree Spud. Parents raising children to show respect to and for others is a distant thing in the past. I personally think much of this has been brought on by the far left idiots. Everyone knows you can open your own door, but the little gestures were nice

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Go Tigers! Once A Tiger Always A Tiger

Not here and not mine...***

Mar 26, 2018, 8:01 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Amen, Spud.***

Mar 25, 2018, 11:18 PM [ in reply to That seems to be the modern way. Show no respect for anyone. ]

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Re: Well, Self did the same thing in his post game comments

I hope Nova smokes them.

Brad Brownell: more losses than any other coach in school history.

Mar 25, 2018, 7:48 PM

Yes, I saw that as being of low character when he done that after the game with us. It proves he is a me me self centered person. With that I'll stop there bc, I could come up much more at assassinating his character!!!

Mar 25, 2018, 8:27 PM

Don't worry, bud. An assassination requires a target of value. ;)

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 26, 2018, 12:45 AM

;)

I knew somebody was gonna complain smh

Mar 25, 2018, 9:13 PM

I mean seriously does it really matter? No it doesn't...

What do you expect, his last name is Self afterall.***

Mar 25, 2018, 9:35 PM

Re: What do you expect, his last name is Self afterall.***

Mar 26, 2018, 12:47 AM

Yes it is, but Brownell didn't have any problems with congratulating that self centered SOB and his team!!!

Replies: 21
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic