Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Message removed by Author
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 44
| visibility 873

Oct 11, 2019, 9:32 AM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Understandable, but borderline aeropost.***

Oct 11, 2019, 9:37 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Borderline is generous...that was full-on aero-speak***

Oct 11, 2019, 9:38 AM

I read it twice. I think I need a flowchart of who is who.***

Oct 11, 2019, 9:39 AM [ in reply to Understandable, but borderline aeropost.*** ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-fatherg-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

flow seems to be pretty confused too, so I don’t think his

Oct 11, 2019, 9:45 AM

chart will help much.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-19b.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'd be interested to know what she looks like

Oct 11, 2019, 9:44 AM

In my mind I'm envisioning a rotund middle aged woman with either what I call 'white trash red' dyed hair or blonde/brown two tone, obviously cut to above the shoulders, who almost strictly wears track suits. Maybe the occasional ill fitting dress if she's gonna go out on the town to #### it up.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-lakebum1-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I’m willing to bet a lot of money that realtor cuck

Oct 11, 2019, 9:46 AM

Wears Tommy Bahama button down short sleeves almost exclusively.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I won't judge a man for that***

Oct 11, 2019, 9:50 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-lakebum1-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

dude, you already have

Oct 11, 2019, 9:52 AM

A 60 year old’s boat. You don’t have to dress like one too.

Lakebum, did you go out and buy a 275 Grady White dual

Oct 11, 2019, 9:54 AM

console?

I like the 255's due to trailer-ability***

Oct 11, 2019, 10:00 AM

why do old guys buy all the dual consoles?

Oct 11, 2019, 10:06 AM [ in reply to Lakebum, did you go out and buy a 275 Grady White dual ]

It’s like the Lincoln town car of the salt water fishing world, but it seems like it would be better for families.

Here's my #1 problem with a center console

Oct 11, 2019, 10:11 AM

I don't want to ride around with somebody that close to me, I like my co-captain to have his own little space on the other side of the boat.

I don’t get the issue....

Oct 11, 2019, 10:22 AM

Just look at all this room to spread out.

Ugh, black Mercs and nary a tuna door to be seen

Oct 11, 2019, 10:30 AM

I bet that boat doesn't even have a seakeeper.

They are actually more like the SUV of the boating world.

Oct 11, 2019, 10:12 AM [ in reply to why do old guys buy all the dual consoles? ]

They really do everything pretty well, and are generally less wet than center consoles. I've had a couple. They are pretty useful, just not real cool to be seen driving. Why do old guys buy them? They are generally the only ones who can afford a 27' Grady White-but it just seems like an old guy style boat to own. Kinda like a Subaru Outback.

Whoa now, my boats fairly sporty, don't go for the low blow

Oct 11, 2019, 9:58 AM [ in reply to dude, you already have ]

I have been catching myself eyeing pontoons lately, though. Maybe a pontoon and a Donzi 22 classic, or overpowered bay boat would be a cool set up.

funny you say that....

Oct 11, 2019, 10:00 AM

Every year about this time, when swimming is pretty much over, I start thinking a pontoon would be nice. Just a big freaking platform to walk around on, lounge on, and grill a few burgers and brats.

Pontoons definitely have their place.

Oct 11, 2019, 10:02 AM

That place is NOT in a busy salt water harbor that rarely gets below 2' seas. But if I lived on the lake, I'd srsly think about having one in addition to something.

I do like the idea of that, and being able to leave it in

Oct 11, 2019, 10:09 AM [ in reply to funny you say that.... ]

the water year round. I left mine in for over 3 months and got a few gel coat blisters. If it's in the water we'll use it 3, maybe 4 days a week pretty much year round. Trailering, not so much, and I'm not in situation where I can add a lift for a reasonable cost. I'm considering bottom painting my boat, but really don't want to do that.

My dad and I still have an old Correct Craft for a 'cool boat', it just never gets used anymore.

Oct 11, 2019, 9:47 AM [ in reply to I'd be interested to know what she looks like ]

Re: Mid 40's, fading dye job, pear shaped, hail damage.

Oct 11, 2019, 9:50 AM

Too son on the Earnhardt thing

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

18 years..its fair game now***

Oct 11, 2019, 9:51 AM

Any conversation with her yet, or are y'all still at a

Oct 11, 2019, 10:04 AM [ in reply to Message removed by Author ]

stalemate? That little project Boston Whaler I sent you would be a nice yard ornament, I'm sure she would appreciate it.

Nothing.

Oct 11, 2019, 10:09 AM

I doubt I'll speak; nothing really to say to her. She must have warned her kids, too, because I was out walking my dogs, and the kid was walking their dog, he saw me and his face looked like he saw a ghost, and pulled the dog up the porch steps and ran inside with it. I laughed a little.

If I weren't moving, I'd bring the boat trailer home and just leave it in the front yard or something; maybe take a tire or two off and leave it on jack stands, or an old rusty Harbor Freight jack. I have a for sale sign in the yard now, so I need to keep it somewhat respectable.

Sounds hot.***

Oct 11, 2019, 10:17 AM [ in reply to Message removed by Author ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 11, 2019, 10:20 AM

Lol. His wife once BS'd him to get that ring thinking

Oct 11, 2019, 11:43 AM

he would make it as a big shot realtor. When he didn't, she started blowing the guy where she works who signs her paychecks. She now makes more than him, doesn't #### (him), and treats him like ####. So he pokes women using his realtor license as leverage to get what he needs. Single-mom, 40-something divorced women think they're using him to get a cheaper house, and he's really using them just as bad for blowjobs and sex.

Like sands through the hourglass, so are the days of our lives..

Editor's note: I could be wrong.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Since A912 looks like he knows this chick

Oct 11, 2019, 11:46 AM

I guess I better start deleting anything that may or may not be true to avoid any libel law suits.

can we confirm that he drives a jeep?***

Oct 11, 2019, 11:55 AM

A912? I think he mentioned once driving an F150

Oct 11, 2019, 12:05 PM

but who doesn't.

Hence my disclaimer. Just a general post.

Oct 11, 2019, 12:17 PM [ in reply to Since A912 looks like he knows this chick ]

Ignorance is my defense. I don't know you or your shed, or the sloot neighbor.

Again, I could be wrong. ;)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You're growing bitter.

Oct 11, 2019, 10:12 AM

It's happened to me many times. It will make you soulsick if you aren't careful. When I allow bitterness to grow it inhibits my self evaluation and removes the reign which guide me.

God has a special reward for those who are wronged if we show Him room. If we refuse to grow bitter and refrain from retaliation we get to watch the offenders rewarded for their behavior.

I've live it, both sides.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Growing??

Oct 11, 2019, 10:13 AM

lulz

Re: Growing??

Oct 11, 2019, 10:36 AM

I tried to not openly point that out.

I had a neighbor who hated my children. They'd play kickball in the yard and I'd be buying flowers to replace those he said they destroyed. We rented and he was a homeowner. When the kids when into his yard to retrieve the ball, I heard about it. He did his best to torture me for having children. As if I didn't suffer already, right?

One Sat morning I heard a peck, peck, peck and the sound of a skilsaw about 7 AM. I'd been getting up at 4 AM for work and worked my butt off all week and really looked forward to sleeping until 8 or 9 when the kids woke up.

I looked out and saw that he had built a wood fence with vertical board spaced about two inches apart. It was about 5 feet tall and the top ran free according to the shape of the ground. He was trying to cut a straight chalk line he'd struck and doing a poor job staying on the line.

I was furious for about 15 seconds when God spoke. He said 'Go fix that.' Without coffee or brushed teeth I grabbed my saw, a 12 ga dropcord and strung it across the yard. I said 'can I help?' He told me he needed it.

I nailed a board just below where he was cutting and asked him to locate and nail it below his chalk line on the other end. We stepped back and I asked if that is where he wanted the top. We move the board to suit him and I took my saw and cut the line perfectly. As he thanked me he said something about a trick he hadn't ever seen.

15 or so years later he came up to me at a church gathering. I did not know who the smiling man extending his hand was. I asked and he talked about how I was the best neighbor he ever had. All I remember is thinking, 'As much as he hated me he must have been miserable if I was his best neighbor.'

This whole thing wasn't about what happened, just how it

Oct 11, 2019, 11:37 AM

happened.

BTW, this is kinda long, so if you don;t care, stop reading now.

I moved in the house 3 years ago this month. It was brand new and recently completed by the builder. The builder bought up most of the land and duplexes that were on this side of the street, tore down the duplexes, subdivided the lots, and constructed 8 similar houses and 2 dissimilar houses on the street. Mine is one of the two dissimilar houses. The builder then constructed a fence on the property line between all the houses on the street. A condition of me to buy this house was having 1) a shed to put my stuff in, and 2)having a fence run between the houses to have somewhere for my dogs to go outside. Had the builder not been able to accommodate those two things, I wouldn't have bought this house.

The previous owner of the house next door rented his house out. When the tenants moved out of the house next door, the owner decided to sell the house. Prospective owner says they don't like the fence that joins the houses. I didn't build the fence, but it appears that I am now in the wrong due to encroaching on their land. Additionally, the potential buyers demand the owner get a survey done of the lot, and the fence the builder constructed between out houses sits 12" back of the property line. Now, its demanded that I move my shed, too.

In response to this, I offered to get a "non" adverse possession document drawn up that states I don't want the land I am encroaching on, and when/if I move, I tear down the fence that joins the houses. Potential buyer balks at that. Then, I offer to purchase the 62 sq feet I am encroaching on from the potential owner. They refuse that as well. Which seems dumb to me, as I would have bought the 62 unusable, non-contiguous sq ft for $10-$15K. They still refuse.

This whole time, I'm not dealing with the potential owners directly. They visit their potential house several times a week, but never come and talk to me directly. I'm talking to lawyers and real estate agents only, who seemingly demand more and more, and give me less and less time to complete it all.

In the last month I've probably spent $5k to get this house ready to sell. Selling this house wasn't even on my radar 2 months ago. I had no intention of moving. Now, because I have no where for my dogs to go, and nowhere to put any of my stuff because I had to move my shed, I basically have no choice but to sell the house.

So that's where we are. Bitter? Yeah..I am. Something no one had a problem with for 3 years now all of a sudden has become an emergency that's mine to fix, and pretty much forces me to move..something I had hoped to be done with doing for a while.

That scenario is why I could never live in one of those

Oct 11, 2019, 11:54 AM

neighborhoods where the houses are 10' apart from each other...might as well be living in an apartment.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There are a couple choices to live, if you want to live in

Oct 11, 2019, 12:03 PM

Mt P.

You can move to a 'hood that has newer houses, and live around the Ohioans, the ~30-40 year old Ohioan mom-Karens and their 5-15 year old kids. HOA's, closed garage doors and trash cans off the side walk by noon!

You can buy an old, small house for at least 3x what it's worth. Start working on it now, and maybe be done with it by the time you can no longer stand it and move in 8 years.

You can buy an old house that's been completely remodeled that doesn't require a rebuild, but pay $400/sq ft for it. Enjoy the mini closets.

You can buy a new house that's not terribly expensive (comparatively), is close to everything, but has a postage stamp sized lot.

You can guess which one I chose. If I had it to do all over again, I'd have stayed in the near-retirement community I lived in Clemson. Unfortunately, I wised up a bit about a lot of things since then.

There's another lake house that came up for sale 3 days ago

Oct 11, 2019, 12:11 PM

in my hood. Y'all could come join us. Get a new golf cart and we'd have a little gang going on. I've already recruited a guy with a Mule and Polaris Ranger.

just for clarification...you're saying that

Oct 11, 2019, 12:07 PM [ in reply to Re: Growing?? ]

you're the one boinkin' IE's neighbor's realtor?

What'd I miss?

Oct 11, 2019, 11:52 AM

had to be gud for Ineligible user® to de-Author it

I'm just trying to stay away from lawyers.

Oct 11, 2019, 11:53 AM

All of them.

Nah something about the chick next door dumping the agent

Oct 11, 2019, 11:54 AM [ in reply to What'd I miss? ]

There was no point in removing the post. All the good information was in old posts. Just put it all together

Unless you already screen shot it, I didn't feel like

Oct 11, 2019, 12:06 PM

going through a mess like the med student did.

I'm not out to get you***

Oct 11, 2019, 12:07 PM

Replies: 44
| visibility 873
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic