Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
FB Update: Former Clemson DT doesn't believe in dinosaurs
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 76
| visibility 1

FB Update: Former Clemson DT doesn't believe in dinosaurs

Jul 29, 2017, 5:46 PM

Former Clemson DT doesn't believe in dinosaurs

Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Is that really the best T-Rex photo that could be found?

Jul 29, 2017, 6:26 PM

Somebody MS Painted the freaking eyes!! Plus the mountains look photoshopped. I'm with DJ on this one, guys.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Good on you, DJ!

Jul 29, 2017, 9:01 PM

Question EVERYTHING! You Academic types keep on wit yo' bad self, but don't expect us truth seekers not to do the same. If you go deep, you'll understand how that "history is written by the winners." Basically, everything you think you know is a lie. You can ridicule DJ Reader and me and anybody else you want, that is your prerogative, but please forgive us our trespasses. I cannot speak for DJ, but speaking for myself, you are a fool to believe everything you've been told by authority figures, academics, and historians. It is quite easy to see that they lie to us all the time with impunity. For example, if you truly believe that we sent a man to the moon in 1969, but don't have the technology to do it in 2017, you are a victim of cognitive dissonance. Wake up to the facts. It was a psyop, pure and simple. Man hasn't been to the moon.

QUESTION EVERYTHING.

Or you could just go back to sleep.

Peace.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Win, lose or draw . . . I'm a Tiger fan forevermore!

Hurricane Duane

I don't agree with everything you stated but

Jul 29, 2017, 9:07 PM

It amazes me that a majority of people believe and swallow everything the mass media/etc has spoon fed to them

Message was edited by: gville76®

For relaxing times, make it Suntory time

Re: Good on you, DJ!

Jul 29, 2017, 9:31 PM [ in reply to Good on you, DJ! ]

Question my friend, but use common sense as well. The fact we haven't been to the moon again is the cost vs new info gained. Been there done that. Your reason is, by itself, illogical. Just a thought ;)

2024 orange level membermilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We'll be back.***

Jul 30, 2017, 5:27 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

Same rocket... Why is the "cost' so much more? Yea, we've

Jul 30, 2017, 10:42 PM [ in reply to Re: Good on you, DJ! ]

been. The problem of "cost" is purely the plethora of greasy palms and greedy corporate interests that arose with the privatization of NASA in the name of the holiest of all modern American religions... CAPITALISM. Don't ever discuss the national debt without looking at the privatization factor and it's consequential drag. Bottom lines, stock options, and retirement 'parachutes'... Bought, butchered, and sold...

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sounds like you were born without common sense.*****

Jul 30, 2017, 2:04 AM [ in reply to Good on you, DJ! ]

Jul 30, 2017, 5:31 AM [ in reply to Good on you, DJ! ]

My dad was an aeronautical engineer who worked on the equipment for the moon landings. We went to the moon you idiot.

And having a questioning attitude leads one to hard science, not ridiculous conspiracy theories. Those are for the weak minded who can't adequately evaluate evidence for themselves. I don't get my scientific information from television or newspapers. Read scientific literature, evaluate it critically, arrive at reasoned conclusion. Don't get your information from Alex Jones.

I'd love to hear his stories. What equipment did he work on?***

Jul 30, 2017, 8:01 AM

Re: I'd love to hear his stories. What equipment did he work on?***

Jul 30, 2017, 2:36 PM

I was very young and a lot of work he did was classified. I know he worked in Huntsville under Von Braun and did design work on some of the earlier rockets, such as the Explorer mission which was the first satellites. Then later he transferred to Tullahoma, TN (where I grew up) where the testing of all of the equipment was done. It seemed like the entire town was working to support the Apollo moon missions. And no, they weren't recording actors in studios. :) There were a lot of great people who worked their ##### off for years to put us on the moon. After having grown up around this, it's laughable that some people think it was all fake. Well, some people also think the world is flat and there were no dinosaurs. Whatever.

That's awesome!

Jul 30, 2017, 5:25 PM

Since he worked in Huntsville he could have been with any number of things. I know with the Saturns the stages were built all over and Huntsville was essientilly the final stop before the VAB at the Cape. I'd love to hear his first hand accounts. The space race is my favorite era of history.

Re: That's awesome!

Jul 30, 2017, 6:45 PM

Check out Amy Teitel's books and youtube channel. She is an expert in the early U.S. space program. I definitely plan to read her book, "Breaking the Chains of Gravity." As an added bonus, she is quite attractive. :)

Yeah, I've watched some of her stuff. She's good.

Jul 30, 2017, 8:53 PM

I just finished reading this.

https://www.amazon.com/Apollo-Thrilling-Story-First-Mission/dp/1627798323/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1501462192&sr=8-1&keywords=apollo+8+book

Jul 30, 2017, 6:58 AM [ in reply to Good on you, DJ! ]

This is satire, right?

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 30, 2017, 7:38 AM [ in reply to Good on you, DJ! ]

Shouldn't you apply the the same type of skepticism towards religion?

Man hasn't been to the moon. LOL.

Jul 30, 2017, 8:00 AM [ in reply to Good on you, DJ! ]

First, the Russians watched our every move. They had KGB everywhere. Think they would have noticed, right? Second, over 500,000 people worked in some way or another on the Apollo project. Think someone with some credible evidence would have leaked something, right? Third, you say we don't have the tech to go to the moon now? Where did you even get that from. We're not actively trying. We went to the moon from 1968-1972 10 times with analog tech. It could be done now with digital, more efficient technology. Not easier, just quicker. I met Buzz Aldrin in 2010. I shook his hand and looked him in the eye. He's no liar.

Also, your music sucked and was embarrassing to Clemson.

Ummm ...

Jul 30, 2017, 11:29 AM [ in reply to Good on you, DJ! ]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oxJUToUM8ro

Aug 1, 2017, 8:45 AM [ in reply to Good on you, DJ! ]

You really are an idiot.

March 4th 2016- "Lee won't be here 4 years from today" - Viztiz

Get To A Few Museums DJ .....Please!!!!

Jul 29, 2017, 6:36 PM

This is way out of left field and out of the ballpark for you big man. Got to get out more.

Re: FB Update: Former Clemson DT doesn't believe in dinosaurs

Jul 29, 2017, 6:52 PM

Real story is going social with personal thoughts. It happens, but bad on you JJ. A great player showing poor judgment, imo.

2024 orange level membermilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Does not reflect well on Clemson Academics

Jul 29, 2017, 8:11 PM

Love DJ but somebody needs to take him on a fossil hunt. I hope he didn't major in biology.

Give me a break....I have multiple degrees

Jul 29, 2017, 8:20 PM

# of time Dino's mentioned.......0. It may have been covered in HS classes but probably before that

Be about as exciting as watching paint dry.***

Jul 29, 2017, 8:57 PM [ in reply to Does not reflect well on Clemson Academics ]

FWIW a number of Clemson alumni do not believe in human

Jul 29, 2017, 10:00 PM [ in reply to Does not reflect well on Clemson Academics ]

Influence on climate dynamics.

The rate, the endpoint and the impact of other factors are worthy of research - but only the lower educated in science would deny human impact.

Re: FWIW a number of Clemson alumni do not believe in human

Jul 29, 2017, 11:22 PM

Unfortunately, you have educated yourself to the point of ignorance. Most record highs occurred around the turn of the century (1900), then many in the mid century timeframe. Weather patterns happen brainiac. I guess that's why the Al Gores of the world changed their catch phrase from global warming to climate change.

Jul 30, 2017, 2:18 AM

The only thing is question is the exact degree of influence, the exact timing of the change and the precise amount of damage it will do because there are so many variables. We've known about greenhouse gases for nearly 200 years.

In 1827, Joseph Fourier published his Law of Heat Conduction which states, in part, that certain gases make things warmer.

In 1880, John Tyndall identified water vapor and CO2 as the main culprits- or main benefactors. That CO2 warms air is an experiment you can do in a high school chemistry class.

Water vapor alone does not hold in the whole bandwidth and without CO2 warming us up, Earth would be a dead frozen planet. What we're seeing now though is too much of a good thing.

An extreme example would be Venus with an atmosphere of 96% CO2 having an average temp. hotter than Mercury which is far closer to the sun.

The science on this is as rock solid as the long ago existence of dinosaurs.

Jul 30, 2017, 7:10 AM

> In 1827, Joseph Fourier published his Law of Heat
> Conduction which states, in part, that certain gases
> make things warmer.
>
> In 1880, John Tyndall identified water vapor and CO2
> as the main culprits- or main benefactors. That CO2
> warms air is an experiment you can do in a high
> school chemistry class.

Yeah, yeah, you and your liberal science facts.. That's ancient history, bro.

In 2012, Donald Trump told us global warming was just a Chinese hoax. Boom!

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/265895292191248385

Your first mistake was believing a 3am Trump tweet***

Aug 1, 2017, 10:28 PM

97% CO2 vs .04% CO2

Jul 30, 2017, 8:26 AM [ in reply to Re: FWIW a number of Clemson alumni do not believe in human ]

Over the last 100 years or so there has been an increase of CO2 of about .01% that is 1 one-hundredth of 1%. The science is not clear how much 1/100th of 1% affects temperature as compared to all of the other factors. The science is not clear how much of that 1/100th of 1% is attributed to man.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

LOL!***

Jul 30, 2017, 11:09 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: 97% CO2 vs .04% CO2

Jul 30, 2017, 10:34 PM [ in reply to 97% CO2 vs .04% CO2 ]

> Over the last 100 years or so there has been an
> increase of CO2 of about .01% that is 1 one-hundredth
> of 1%. The science is not clear how much 1/100th of
> 1% affects temperature as compared to all of the
> other factors. The science is not clear how much of
> that 1/100th of 1% is attributed to man.

It's very significant. You are citing its growth compared to the entire atmosphere- not as per cent growth of CO2 itself. Atmosphere is almost entirely nitrogen and oxygen. Around 1950 CO2 was about 300 parts per million. It is now about 400 parts per million. It doesn't take much.

We are putting it out about twice as fast as nature can absorb it and it stays in the air for about 100 years. Methane by comparison only lasts about 15 years.

And only a small part of our output is going into the air- the ocean sucks up most of it where it causes acidification- also not good.

Jul 31, 2017, 6:54 AM

The planet has had much higher CO2 %'s during ice ages. Our sun's solar cycles are the cause of changing weather patterns.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 1, 2017, 3:05 AM

> The planet has had much higher CO2 %'s during ice
> ages. Our sun's solar cycles are the cause of
> changing weather patterns.

Obviously the sun is a factor (we are in a fairly weak period now), volcanoes and asteroid strikes can throw up ash and dirt to block incoming UVA and cool us down. We wobble and varying tilts of our axis affect temperature. We can't control any of that.

Populations explode and that warms us a bit. Man and and his livestock and pets now make up 97% of the vertebrate biomass of the Earth. We're not likely to control any of that.

But no matter what's going on, CO2 raises the baseline. It raises temps and that is an undisputed fact of the laws of physics. The world is heating up and there will be consequences. CO2 emissions are one of the few things we can control.

You're listening to a small group of paid shills.

"The risk of climate change is clear and the risk warrants action. Increasing carbon emissions in the atmosphere are having a warming effect." That quote is from the ExxonMobile corporate web site.

Jul 29, 2017, 9:53 PM

http://historysevidenceofdinosaursandmen.weebly.com/written.

Explain Lou Holtz***

Jul 29, 2017, 10:19 PM

Re: Explain Lou Holtz***

Jul 30, 2017, 5:23 AM

A living fossil! There's proof for ya.

Where are all these theories lately coming from?

Jul 29, 2017, 11:31 PM

We have a growing population of people who believe the earth is flat and now we have the theory that dinosaurs never lived on earth. Im all for questioning what we've been taught in school but these 2 theories just seem ridiculous.

Re: Where are all these theories lately coming from?

Jul 29, 2017, 11:53 PM

Scarier yet, these are voters. That's the real reason that DC is a swamp. It's cool to be ignorant and hunt cops.

Jul 30, 2017, 7:05 AM

No, it's the reason someone like Donald Trump can be elected President of the United States.

Blame your own side, right wingers push these falsehoods..

Jul 30, 2017, 11:26 AM [ in reply to Re: Where are all these theories lately coming from? ]

Has nothing to do with what you mentioned, and it's your side the right wingers who have made D.C. a swamp, with their belief that lobbying and campaign donations shouldn't have any regulation, and that transnational corporations that don't pay taxes should be running the country instead of We The People.

Jul 30, 2017, 12:41 AM [ in reply to Where are all these theories lately coming from? ]

I've noticed the sharp increase in flat earthers recently online. I think it's just a doubling-down on stupidity. When faced with overwhelming evidence that you are wrong - you can choose to admit, or just double-down on your ideas, no matter how ridiculous. A lot of people are choosing the latter. Incidentally, I don't know if he is a fan of the "Christians against Dinosaurs" website. But many people don't realize it's a satirical site. Most of the leading "advocates" on that site don't believe any of the nonsense. It's just for fun.

They're called trolls

Jul 30, 2017, 7:54 AM [ in reply to Where are all these theories lately coming from? ]

Or mentally ill.

because conservative christains and christian fundamentalists have been able...

Jul 30, 2017, 11:21 AM [ in reply to Where are all these theories lately coming from? ]

To gain the ear of Republican politicians and have gotten them to attack science and promote religious myths in K-12 education and even in colleges. They've also been able to push through lies about birth control and the use of condoms in sex education (hence the sky rocketing STD rate in South Carolina).

Must be down time

Jul 30, 2017, 2:02 AM

This is TCI level. Hardly even message board material. Cmon man.

They're desperate for clicks ever since they let the trolls control the boards***

Jul 30, 2017, 11:28 AM

Reader is an absolute moron.

Jul 30, 2017, 2:02 AM

Luckily he can play football.

Re: Reader is an absolute moron.

Jul 30, 2017, 8:00 AM

What I can't believe is the amount of responses on a thread that is about as dumb as I've seen on this board.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Reader is most definitely not a moron.

Jul 30, 2017, 9:14 AM [ in reply to Reader is an absolute moron. ]

He's wrong about the dinosaurs, but he isn't an idiot. Have you ever listened to any of his interviews?

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Safe to say he is in fact a moron if he doesn't..

Jul 30, 2017, 5:11 PM

believe in dinosaurs. There is no wiggle room there. He is a great athlete though luckily.

He got a response by Neil deGrasse Tyson!

Jul 30, 2017, 9:16 AM

While that's awesome, in and of itself. It was kind of a jab at Clemson, whether intentional or not.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: He got a response by Neil deGrasse Tyson!

Jul 31, 2017, 6:57 AM

Thank God Neil DeGrasse Tyson is a sock puppet otherwise his opinion might matter.

Re: FB Update: Former Clemson DT does believe

Jul 30, 2017, 9:24 AM

DJ Reader is a hero of mine. I am more interested in his faith , what does he believe? That is what is being drowned out by the talk about dinosaurs. His attitude about dinosaurs changes nothing and no one. His attitude toward Jesus Christ can change him and the world.

That might be why he doesn't "believe" in dinosaurs.

Jul 30, 2017, 11:27 AM

Some people want to believe that everything in the bible is true so that whole billions of years old universe, evolution of life on earth, etc. kind of flies in the face of the bible.

Bible is a poor references for explaining the universe, but some folks stand by it.

Sorry but everything in the Bible is true as you will find

Jul 30, 2017, 5:23 PM

out one day.

Why does he have to wait but you already 'know'...?

Jul 30, 2017, 10:54 PM

Convenient.

Re: Why does he have to wait but you already 'know'...?

Jul 31, 2017, 11:54 AM

It's the perfect gamble. If we end up in Heaven, he gets to say "I told you so", if there is no heaven, there's no way of letting him know he is a boob. Those Christians are sneaky like that.

Re: That might be why he doesn't "believe" in dinosaurs.

Jul 31, 2017, 7:06 AM [ in reply to That might be why he doesn't "believe" in dinosaurs. ]

Actually the Bible is a decent document for understanding the universe if its proper context is understood.

Re: That might be why he doesn't "believe" in dinosaurs.

Jul 31, 2017, 9:20 AM [ in reply to That might be why he doesn't "believe" in dinosaurs. ]

Read Genesis 1, take into consideration the limits of language, it is an amazing document. A day is defined by a period of darkness followed by a period of light. We do not know how long that period of time was. No reason at all to assume 24 hour day, especially since sun and moon were created on the 4th day.

You realize there is more to universe than the sun & moon?

Aug 1, 2017, 7:05 PM

The concept of a 24 hour day only applies to earth.

Everybody knows God buried Dinosaur bones just to test our faith..

Jul 30, 2017, 11:12 AM

??????????

No problem with DJ's belief OR JJ rain

Jul 30, 2017, 11:48 AM

I have no problem with JJ dogging him (or a friend dogging you) about it - it just makes you stand firm on what you believe or fold under the pressure of acceptance by your friends or, GASP!!!! sceptics.
It's faith... You can't prove it - you simply live it out.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

faith and science are two different things***

Jul 30, 2017, 12:38 PM

So where did the bones come from...? Nothing to "prove"...***

Jul 30, 2017, 10:56 PM [ in reply to No problem with DJ's belief OR JJ rain ]

Bottom line is...

Jul 30, 2017, 5:06 PM

he is entitled to believe what he wants to believe. Everyone is entitled to that.

Re: Bottom line is...

Jul 31, 2017, 12:15 PM

Not really. At some point you have to tell people they're wrong.

"Smelley, Garcia, and Beecher are going to lead you to 4-8." - york_tiger

Jul 31, 2017, 10:16 PM

your response makes no sense. Even if you tell someone they are wrong, you may not change their original belief. You are saying that he is not entitled to believe what he wants to believe. If his belief is strong enough, me, you or anyone else can not change someone's mind.

You boast about your coots and we all know you are very wrong, but that does not change your mind about them. History may let us know that dinosaurs did exist, but history will also tell you about your football team.

Jul 31, 2017, 10:31 PM

Not believing in dinosaurs is so absurd it's not something you should even give him an ounce of belief that he may be right.

It's such an absurd belief it's actually harmful to society. We can't allow people to seriously ignore facts.

It would be the equivalent of me arguing we won the national championship last year.

lolololololololol...

Aug 1, 2017, 1:29 PM

So, you are saying he is harmful to society?? that can only come from a coot. You sure have ignored a lot of facts. Again, it is his right to believe what he wants to believe. Right or wrong, it is his belief.

Harmful to society? Stupid comment which is expected.

Aug 1, 2017, 10:49 PM [ in reply to Re: Bottom line is... ]

NOBODY would ever think the coots would win the National Championship.

Message removed by Author

Jul 31, 2017, 10:21 PM [ in reply to Re: Bottom line is... ]

Message removed by Author

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I will bet...

Jul 31, 2017, 10:32 PM

No I can't stop an alcoholic from making poor decisions. But I certainly won't be the guy arguing it's ok for him to think alcohol is good for him.

Jul 30, 2017, 5:19 PM

I believe in you, dinosaurs.

DJ the Wrecking Machine. Also, the moon is hollow and

Jul 30, 2017, 9:32 PM

was placed here 65 million years ago by some gods to help stabilize the earth's rotation and seasonal shifts, create tides and phases to stir up and regulate the mechanism, and re-establish life in a more humanoid form after they slammed that asteroid into the Yucatan wiping out the dinosaur era. Whoops. Did I say dinosaurs? Aiyee.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Closer...There's some gaps, though...***

Jul 30, 2017, 10:58 PM

It's a common conundrum for those that lean on the Bible

Jul 31, 2017, 2:18 PM

and take it's teachings literally. (If God created The Heavens and Earth and man in a week, then when were the dinosaurs here?)

Some folks believe the devil put bones here to cause doubt and therefore doom many more souls to his realm.

(I personally believe that God created the Heavens and the Earth and dinosaurs. After realizing their arms were too short to catch a football, God erased them and created man instead.)

Interacting in threads like these is a quick way to get TD'd

Aug 1, 2017, 10:35 PM

Nm

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 76
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic