Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
FB Update: Vegas Odds on Clemson winning the CFB Title
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 15
| visibility 1

FB Update: Vegas Odds on Clemson winning the CFB Title

May 20, 2016, 5:11 PM

Vegas Odds on Clemson winning the CFB Title

Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Well that's strange. OSU 11-2 to win title, but their over

May 20, 2016, 5:47 PM

under for wins this season is 9? Maybe it's like the Cubs to win the world series bet and a bunch of OSU fans bet it every year.

Re: Well that's strange. OSU 11-2 to win title, but their over

May 20, 2016, 11:37 PM

But they always will put an secheat team in the top group, even though a once in a lifetime perfect onside kick helped an Alabama team that should have dropped out of the top 10 after their debacle loss to a very mediocre Ole Miss team, eke out a win in the last one. Don't put much stock in what these clowns predict. Take it all with a grain of salt.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That might be why Clemson leads them in bets... Could

May 23, 2016, 7:55 AM

be some smart Bama fans that know...

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 23, 2016, 8:02 AM [ in reply to Re: Well that's strange. OSU 11-2 to win title, but their over ]

Silly Duga, it's "grade of slaw"

I mean c'mon.

May 23, 2016, 8:02 AM [ in reply to Re: Well that's strange. OSU 11-2 to win title, but their over ]

Silly Duga, it's "grade of slaw"

I mean c'mon.

You can say that again.***

Jun 15, 2016, 12:51 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

May 30, 2016, 10:23 AM [ in reply to Re: Well that's strange. OSU 11-2 to win title, but their over ]

Not once in a lifetime. That kick was easier and less risky than most people think.
Most chalk it up as a miracle kick, but in reality Clemson's front and second line on kickoff return were misaligned (leaving a tennis court size of grass empty).
Apparently this is how they set up returns, and had been doing it for most of the year (see special teams ranking in NCAA).
Saban saw this on film, practiced the situation and executed it.

Hopefully that has been corrected, along with the secondary coverage & busts.

It's hard to out coach a team with better overall talent and star @ QB, but it happened.

Jun 15, 2016, 12:43 PM

I don't credit the on-side kick for the loss. That type lucky bounce doesn't concern me. The thing that is inexcusable is the failure to cover the KO that was run back for a TD and the KO and punt returns we gave up all year is what finally got us killed. On side kicks are iffy anytime they are attempted, and my educated guess is they usually fail. They were lucky with that one, and granted they noticed our poor line up on the return and obviously our poor alignment and coverage all year. Still, they had to get the exacy right kick to pull it off. Saban is a great coach, no doubt, but even he said they had practiced it repeatedly with only occasional success. He also said they ran it because they were afraid they couldn't win without the trick.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: FB Update: Vegas Odds on Clemson winning the CFB Title

May 20, 2016, 6:46 PM

So they think that Ohio State, who lost the most guys in the draft (like 16 or so) has the best odds, though they play Oklahoma in the 3rd or so game? Can I have some of what they are drinking?

The picture is cool,

May 20, 2016, 7:04 PM

Deon Cain(true freshman) burning Jalen Ramsey(5th pick over all in the draft) on a touchdown reception!

Re: The picture is cool,

May 20, 2016, 7:42 PM

Was thinking the same!

A true freshman who played QB in HS!

May 20, 2016, 11:38 PM [ in reply to Re: FB Update: Vegas Odds on Clemson winning the CFB Title ]

I don't think they are drinking. I think they must be main lining heroin.

May 23, 2016, 8:04 AM

I guess it's just us. Bama lost their QB, their top two running backs, their game-changing returner, Cam Robinson is out of the picture, Kelly is gone, and they lost numerous stars on defense, yet, they are still highly favored. I think this might be the year Bama drops down a notch. Maybe it's just me.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 30, 2016, 3:10 PM

No, it's not just you. If it doesn't say SECheat, it has no status. Were the bias not so sad, it would be comical.

May 30, 2016, 10:12 AM [ in reply to Re: FB Update: Vegas Odds on Clemson winning the CFB Title ]

Ohio State had 12 players drafted.
Clemson had 9 players drafted.

@ Oklahoma (Buckeyes have won 14 straight road and/or neutral site games)

They also have to travel to Michigan State & Wisconsin, but get Michigan @ home (they crushed Mich last year)

I think these odds are based on their schedule. If they win @ Oklahoma their chances of reaching the tournament are high.

Oddsmakers know 2 of the best teams in the country are in the ACC & play each other late in the season.

The Buckeyes have a clearer path and a higher percentage (on paper) of reaching the final 4.

Don't worry though, Clemson will be there.

Replies: 15
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic