Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
FB Update: Lamar Jackson on crowd noise: "It was crazy"
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 31
| visibility 1

FB Update: Lamar Jackson on crowd noise: "It was crazy"

Oct 2, 2016, 1:15 PM

Lamar Jackson on crowd noise: "It was crazy"

Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He said his Oline hungry 3rd qtr & it's success showed!

Oct 2, 2016, 1:26 PM

Must have wanted some of that Tiger Steak Meat!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: He said his Oline hungry 3rd qtr & it's success showed!

Oct 3, 2016, 5:46 AM

What showed was the lack of our offense to make first downs and give our defense rest. Instead, we had 3 turnovers in 16 plays, and the defense was gassed.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: FB Update: Lamar Jackson on crowd noise: "It was crazy"

Oct 2, 2016, 1:33 PM

I like how he kept saying they made mistakes and gave us points. Lol ok and our 5 turnovers wasn't mistakes and giving up pts? The fact we scored 42 with 5 turnovers is unreal in itself, could have scored 60. Our mistakes on offense wore out our defense which allowed it to even be a game again. We were the better team period.

Oct 2, 2016, 2:06 PM

watson had four of them and still won the game for us.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 2, 2016, 4:47 PM

Deshaun really had 2 turnovers that were mistakes. One interception was on receiver who tipped the ball so defender made the play. The two point conversion was basically an all or nothing play so no real loss as far as giving them anything just us not getting the two points. Other than the one interception & fumble, Deshaun played an incredible game while provingthat his poise & leadership are part of what makes him the best QB in the country (not to mention his character which is on another level compared to Lamar with his excuses & lack of respect he showed Clemson in his post game interview. I''m glad Deshaun represents Clemson & I wouldn't trade him for anyone!

Oct 3, 2016, 9:43 AM

The pick on the 2 point conversion did not count towards his stats. He had 3 picks and a lost fumble in the game. The other turnover was Leggett's fumble that would have all but finished Louisville. Had we scored there it would have broken them. Of course the pick to start the 2nd half hurt because it gave them hope that they could compete. We were by far the better team. We just need to correct our turnovers and that game isn't even close. Go Tigers.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 2, 2016, 2:11 PM [ in reply to Re: FB Update: Lamar Jackson on crowd noise: "It was crazy" ]

Southerntiger, I agree with you 100%. You nailed it here... truly shows that despite our mistakes, we were the better team.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 3, 2016, 1:12 AM [ in reply to Re: FB Update: Lamar Jackson on crowd noise: "It was crazy" ]

Absolute truth that is!!! Our mistakes and turn overs was the only reason they were even in the game in the 4th quarter!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 2, 2016, 1:39 PM

"i can't really say their defense was better than anyone else we've played"...

HUH?????...

That made no sense at all. The Tiger D had them

Oct 2, 2016, 4:32 PM

Shut down in the first half. They got tired because the offense got lost and couldn't stay on the field. Saying they "weren't focused" as the reason they were down in the first half is a lame excuse. That was Clemson's defense, not a lack of focus.

Oct 3, 2016, 1:14 AM [ in reply to Re: FB Update: Lamar Jackson on crowd noise: "It was crazy" ]

Their D wasn't better than Troy's!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

His statement about us switching to zone is telling.

Oct 2, 2016, 1:41 PM

We did it against Notre Dame and almost lost. We did it against UNC. We did it against Troy, we did it against Auburn and we did it against Louisville.

Can we PLEASE stop switching to semi-prevent when we go up on people? Our defense is perfectly fine doing its normal thing.

Re: His statement about us switching to zone is telling.

Oct 2, 2016, 1:53 PM

I agree with you about stopping what's working so soon. We do that often. Dance with the one that brung ya.

But having said that, with Louisville keeping our D out on the field as long as they did, not sure sticking with what we did in the 1st would have been a good late game move. You could tell our pass rush had lost a step and with tiredness comes missed tackles and against them that could spell disaster.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Great point in this case.

Oct 2, 2016, 1:56 PM

However, since we have done this in several other games, I think fatigue isn't the only factor.

Oct 2, 2016, 3:05 PM [ in reply to His statement about us switching to zone is telling. ]

Louisville had the ball a full quarter longer and run 40 more plays than we did. Our D was gassed so you have to make changes. Our O couldn't stay on the field in the third quarter and that more than anything almost got us beat. Thank God the O woke up in the 4th and the D dug down deep.

Oct 3, 2016, 12:31 AM

First, I agree with BV on the soft defense in the 2nd half. Lousville had the most plays of over 40 yards of any team coming into the game. We made them drive down the field and did not give up one play of over 40 yards. I honestly am surprised we did not get a turnover in the 2nd half which was part of the strategy. Our offense went to sleep in the third QTR and it is hard to continue to dominate the game with pressure knowing Lousville was making adjustments at halftime expecting us tp continue to play a high pressure defense.

Also, lets keep in mind that we scored quickly with big plays which was another reason out defense was gassed. It would be nice to be able to rush Gallman for 6 + yards a carry but Louisville was expecting that in the 2nd half.

The turnovers kept us from having this game wrapped up much earlier.

I am just proud of how the team dug deep and made the plays when they had to.

Also, if it is between Jackson and DW4 for the Heisman at the end of the year then surely Hesiman voters will look at what Watson has done in his career at Clemson and the fact that he made the big plays when he had to while Jackson came up short.

Dean

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 3, 2016, 5:48 AM [ in reply to Re: His statement about us switching to zone is telling. ]

L ran 99 O plays which is incredible that they only scored 36 points. The other side of the coin was our D had 99 snaps to defend. That has to be some sort of record somewhere. They were tired but still answered the bell and did enough to win. Kudos to our S&D program and to the heart and determination of our players to follow through. Anybody think a Tommy Bowden team could have done it?

Oct 2, 2016, 4:26 PM [ in reply to His statement about us switching to zone is telling. ]

After that game and you decide to complain.
I swear some of you do not deserve to be a fan of any team.
Actually your not a fan of anything but yourself!!!

Oct 2, 2016, 5:07 PM

You're kidding right? Yes this was a great win, but there is plenty to work on. Being able to see the past the bias and know where to improve makes him a better fan than you. Truth of the matter our halftime adjustment was sketchy, and we keep blowing coverages. We allow inferior competition to stick around too often, because dabo doesn't want to run the score up on people.

Not so fast there.

Oct 3, 2016, 12:40 AM

We play backups to get the acclimated to big games environments. If they are only playing a cuse after the half and we're ahead by three touchdowns they don't experience the pressure. Well, I told you that to tell you this.

Substituting slows our offensive rhythm. If you'll rewatch the game you'll notice we play much better when we HUNH. Our offense needs to be able to perform when the rhythm is broken. That ability will be developed while the game is on the line and we're substituting liberally.

Among all the confusion of what, how and why we have long drives and when we do not, there is order. Our default thoughts lead us to believe that Dabo is a nice guy and doesn't like to run the score up. That may be correct but developing a national championship team is first when he plans a game.

You saw Boise, ND, FSU and many other teams go into a championship game and get embarrassed because that when the game changed they couldn't adapt. We use to be like that, they had a word for it, remember? No more!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 3, 2016, 1:38 PM [ in reply to Re: His statement about us switching to zone is telling. ]

I don't believe Dabo was "not trying to run up the score" when it was only 28-10 at the half. 48-10, different story. But I don't see how any coach would want to take the foot off the gas with just an 18 point lead against an explosive team like Louisville. The Tigers made mistakes and Louisville cashed in. Simple as that.

Good kid ... nice attitude ... no excuses.

Oct 2, 2016, 4:03 PM

RE: Boulware incident ... He was upset on the sidelines, but then d of thehe got past it and played well. At the "That's just football."

agreed,,, thought he could have given more credit to D

Oct 3, 2016, 12:20 AM

but when someone says,

"we ain't down....

we're going to work hard...

we aren't planning on losing anymore."

got to give it to him.

can someone add subtitles for me.***

Oct 2, 2016, 4:17 PM

Liability Cola by CU_Tigers_time is now trending on Tnet.

Oct 2, 2016, 4:39 PM

As great a player as Lamar is, he needs to learn how to show respect for other great players & teams. Clemson's defense did challenge him, the offense gave Louisville plenty of opportunities to take over the game with turnovers (not them giving Clemson anything) so he showed a real lack of character when he couldn't compliment a great team that just beat them. It's that simple, Clemson BEAT Louisville. These are the moments that make me so proud to be Tiger because our players always show respect & class. Go Tigers!

Oct 2, 2016, 5:00 PM

That young man is a credit to his family and his school. That's a great attitude and a great approach - looking forward, taking positives from the experience.

He will be READY next time against Clemson!

dawg sounds like James Brown!

Oct 2, 2016, 5:39 PM

U of L clearly does not emphasize academics, but whatever. They have some great players.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You guys should watch it again.

Oct 3, 2016, 12:54 AM

He had a handler just off stage. He repeatedly insinuated UL failed to perform even though they put up great numbers and held us to less than we had against Bama in the NC game. He never gave the victors credit for their effort. He did not in an manner take blame excepting on one sack. That was really a non issue and had no bearing on the final score.

He was about to tell us which UL players screwed him out of his Heisman when the handler put the brakes on the interview, I believe. I think the handler got the same feeling.

If the idiot could house his emotions for one single second he would have realized proclaiming Clemson defense as the greatest ever would have given more respect to his numbers in the game. Had he proclaimed our offense to be great he would have given credence to his defense being wonderful to have held such a great offense to so few points and keeping the game close. He acted as if only UL was on the field and nothing could have stopped them had they performed to his standard.

No, the ESPiN-deluded narcissist insisted that they failed, he took almost no blame on himself. DW was the exact opposite when some of our fans pitched a fit a few weeks ago. LJ is full of himself. ESPiN hype gone wild.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: You guys should watch it again.

Oct 3, 2016, 1:16 AM

I really think it comes down to maturity. Mickey talked about it on his show and I saw it during the interviews on gameday. Jackson came out and gave himself a D rating for his performance against one of the teams he played. His reasoning why was because he wants to complete every pass he makes. A seasoned, mature, and good quarterback knows that's not possible. Jackson is a playmaker and an athlete, but he is not the guy you want in front of the cameras. I don't know anything about his education so I'm not going to knock that.

Do people realize the cross that you buy is merchandise

Oct 3, 2016, 2:29 AM

not to remind people of the awesome revelation that Jesus brought but it makes you part of the mockery of making profit from Christs Death?

You LOST Lamar...how does that feel? Hahaha***

Oct 3, 2016, 9:52 AM

Replies: 31
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic