Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Another reason the Heisman is worthless...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 13
| visibility 1

Another reason the Heisman is worthless...

Oct 8, 2018, 2:00 PM

Travis Etienne
83 attempts
761 rushing yards
11 Touchdowns

Benny Snell
128 attempts
699 yards
8 Touchdowns

ETN isn't in the Heisman talk still, Benny Snell sits 7th on ESPN right now.

ETN is sitting on better stats than Barkley was at this point last year when Barkley was "clearly" on pace to win before he blew it, a heisman isn't what I want most for Clemson obviously but I like seeing our players rewarded equally for their stellar play.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

As soon as CJ wasn't even a finalist, that ended the

Oct 8, 2018, 2:11 PM

Heisman for me. Then DW4 was a finalist twice and lost out to Henry and Lavar Jackson...that's just stupid.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

jumped the shark when Peyton lost***

Oct 8, 2018, 2:14 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

The voters couldn't get past the fact...

Oct 8, 2018, 2:29 PM

that Manning simply couldn't beat Florida even though he led a huge come-from-behind win over Auburn in the SECCG where he threw four TD passes.

Heck, he won pretty much everything else; the Maxwell Award, the Davey O'Brien Award, the Johnny Unitas Award, and the Best College Player ESPY award.

An argument can be made for Woodson but Manning was the best player in the nation that year IMO.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Re: jumped the shark when Peyton lost***

Oct 9, 2018, 2:01 AM [ in reply to jumped the shark when Peyton lost*** ]

Could not agree more!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The media has already awarded it to Tua***

Oct 8, 2018, 2:12 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

That list is from a week ago

Oct 8, 2018, 2:22 PM

If stats are what determine the Heisman winner, Lamar Jackson must be a god.

Re: Another reason the Heisman is worthless...

Oct 8, 2018, 2:26 PM

I don't think ESPN updates their Heisman list until Tuesday. The stats are updated, but the votes aren't updated until tomorrow. If Etienne isn't on there tomorrow then I agree with you.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 8, 2018, 2:39 PM

Like when Watson won best QB in the country two years in a row, then LJ won the Heisman over DW4... Makes sense seeing as he wasn't even the best QB how's he the best player overall.

Oct 8, 2018, 2:42 PM

Ettiene’s problem will be lack of carries. Derrick Henry had nearly 400 rush attempts and over 2200 yards. Ettiene is only averaging 14 carries a game. Counting an ACC championship game and keeping his current averages he is on pace for 181 carries and 1665 yards. A RB is not going to win with those numbers against this group of QBs.

Oct 8, 2018, 4:11 PM

agree, but should still be in the conversation for the most messed up award.

Oct 8, 2018, 4:24 PM [ in reply to Re: Another reason the Heisman is worthless... ]

I don't think he'll win it. Tua probably has it locked up unless he has a bad game on a big stage.

That said, ETN is getting a lot more opportunities now that TL is leading the offense. If he keeps up his ridiculous pace from the last few weeks, he's got a shot. I think he'd have to get to the 1800 yard mark, with 25 tds, and if he keeps his ypc around 9... That would be tough to ignore.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 8, 2018, 4:30 PM

I don’t think it helps him out that he doesn’t play the whole game. There are also 155 carriers by other players. Could you imagine if he had half of those. I really believe he could be over 1200 yards right now with around 16 TDs.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Who's this Heisman chick? Never heard of her.***

Oct 8, 2018, 5:56 PM

Replies: 13
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic