Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Vanderbilt's view of Chad Morris: notice their SEC pride
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 17
| visibility 1

Vanderbilt's view of Chad Morris: notice their SEC pride

Jan 14, 2014, 2:49 PM

Chad Morris. Morris engineered Clemson's high octane offense as Dabo Swinney's coordinator from 2011 to 2013. In that span, he's been named OC of the Year (in 2011, by Rivals.com), helped the Tigers get to a pair of BCS bowl games, and overseen 32 wins in three years. Before that, he - like Vandy's own Herb Hand - took a successful turn running Tulsa's offense and helping the Golden Hurricane score more than 41 points per game in 2010. After turning Tahj Boyd into a beast, he'd have the opportunity to develop Patton Robinette and Johnny McCrary into similarly scary quarterbacks for the Commodores.

Clemson officials have gone on record to suggest that they'll work overtime to retain their highly-touted assistant, but the lure of a head coaching job in the SEC could be too much for them to compete with. The school has already made him the highest-paid coordinator in the NCAA thanks to a $1.3m annual salary. Can the Tigers provide Morris with the opportunities they'd need to if Morris were offered the Vandy position? With Swinney firmly entrenched at Clemson, a head coaching offer in Nashville could be enough to pull one of the ACC's rising stars to the real south.

http://www.anchorofgold.com/2014/1/13/5304080/the-vanderbilt-coaching-search-breaking-down-some-likely-candidates

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"the real south" ??? LOL. South Carolina is the Old South

Jan 14, 2014, 2:52 PM

and the Palmetto State is about as South as you can get. What a bunch of idiots.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Maybe by "south" they mean backwoods.******

Jan 14, 2014, 2:55 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That is too funny.***

Jan 14, 2014, 2:55 PM [ in reply to "the real south" ??? LOL. South Carolina is the Old South ]

Vandy, you're still Vandy

Jan 14, 2014, 2:58 PM

Nobody cares that you're in the SEC. It's like Northwestern trying to sell itself as a great football job because it's in the B1G, or Utah claiming it's a good place to coach because it's in the PAC- 12.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

both of those programs are better than Vandy

Jan 14, 2014, 3:10 PM

by a mile

chad has a buy out clause of about 5.2 Milion

Jan 14, 2014, 3:21 PM [ in reply to Vandy, you're still Vandy ]

if I remember correctly..
That makes him expensive to go anywhere else unless they want to pay Clemson 5.2 Million dollars. I've read this on some article and I don't remember..

So I don't think he is going anywhere anytime soon

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Clemson Is Coming" says Stephone Anthony (Class 2011)"
"Why NOT Clemson"
"Why Not Dabo"

Re: chad has a buy out clause of about 5.2 Milion

Jan 14, 2014, 3:22 PM

sigh

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That's only if he takes another OC job though IIRC

Jan 14, 2014, 3:22 PM [ in reply to chad has a buy out clause of about 5.2 Milion ]

I don't think there is any buyout if he takes a head coach position.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: chad has a buy out clause of about 5.2 Milion

Jan 14, 2014, 3:26 PM [ in reply to chad has a buy out clause of about 5.2 Milion ]

Buyout is only for a lateral transfer - not to move up to a head coach.

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Last time I looked at a map, South Carolina was.......

Jan 14, 2014, 3:02 PM

southeast of Tennessee - what's that BS about the "real South?"

It also depends on what you mean about the "real South." I tend to think of the South as being the Confederate states so South Carolina is definitely #1 is that regard.

Vandy is in the SEC to give academic cred. Nothing more.

Jan 14, 2014, 3:05 PM

OC at Clemson is a better job. We word DESTROY them 10 out of 10.

Now, I'm not sure Wake could.

The real South? Who seceded first and fired the first shot?

Jan 14, 2014, 3:11 PM

We are the South.

The South is more than the Civil War. It is Indians and

Jan 14, 2014, 3:17 PM

Africans, and Englishmen and Frenchmen, and Pirates and Scotch-Irish, and Confederates, and Democrats and Republicans. It is Rock and Roll and Gospel, Blues and Country, Civil Rights and Moonshine. The South has a long history and a colorful cast of characters and South Carolina has it's share of most of all of this.

Message was edited by: AThomas®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why do I hear Morgan Freeman's voice when I read this?***

Jan 14, 2014, 3:24 PM

Delusional Vandy just lost their coach to Penn State***

Jan 14, 2014, 3:43 PM

That's a fact.

Jan 14, 2014, 3:47 PM

There's a contract to prove it. It's strange how 'sports writers,' can ignore facts in lieu of their opinions. There has to be a word for that.

OH YEAH, now I remember, "FOOL!'

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Vandy is just another rung in the ladder.

Jan 14, 2014, 3:45 PM

No more, no less. Except for the pay he'd be better off in a D2 school.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 17
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic