Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
"it must suck to be that dumb" - Sen. Kennedy (R-LA)
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 43
| visibility 1

"it must suck to be that dumb" - Sen. Kennedy (R-LA)

Nov 7, 2019, 8:25 AM

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/bethbaumann/2019/11/06/sen-kennedy-on-pelosi-it-must-suck-to-be-that-dumb-n2556075

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

https://as1.ftcdn.net/v2/jpg/00/81/16/28/1000_F_81162810_8TlZDomtVuVGlyqWL2I4HA7Wlqw7cr5a.jpg

Re: "it must suck to be that dumb" - Sen. Kennedy (R-LA)

Nov 7, 2019, 8:43 AM

Lol

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That's real funny and a good line for a comedy routine...

Nov 7, 2019, 8:53 AM

but anyone who really believes Pelosi is dumb is going to find himself two steps behind the old girl.

There is no way Dems are going to beat Trump in 2020.

If you look at the situation and consider that outcome then nothing will be worse for impeaching Trump. Impeachment will be fruitless yet it remains dems' best effort.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

impeachment is the dem equivalent of the Battle of the Bulge

Nov 7, 2019, 9:04 AM

A last ditch effort to stave off defeat.

They are going to throw everything they have at it because they dont have anything else.

The comment is just tacky and small. But that’s where we live these days.

Nov 7, 2019, 9:17 AM [ in reply to That's real funny and a good line for a comedy routine... ]

I am a little unclear as to how removing Trump from office helps them gain power. I’d probably vote for any Republican over any Democrat running. Certainly Pence over any Democrat.

I guess we’ll see how this all unfolds.

null

What if, and I know this may blow our minds...

Nov 7, 2019, 9:18 AM

The impeachment has nothing to do with "gaining power" or who "wins" in 2020?

you are so cute.

Nov 7, 2019, 9:32 AM

everything in Washington is about gaining power and winning the next election.

EVERYTHING.

Maybe so. If true, then maybe we can try to change that

Nov 7, 2019, 9:34 AM

starting by not thinking like that, ourselves.

I thought impeachment was going to HELP Trump get

Nov 7, 2019, 9:39 AM [ in reply to you are so cute. ]

re-elected?

You guys need to take a position and stick with it. You're all over the place.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Pelosi disagrees with me, I cant help that

Nov 7, 2019, 9:46 AM

I think it will help him get re-elected. She thinks it will help the Democrats win back power.

unfortunately, I am not the speaker of the house.

But make no mistake, it is about power.

Youve seen the Meme going around that the Democrats have tried to impeach every Republican president since Eisenhower. Snopes says that is FALSE! They didnt try to impeach Ford.

So only 5 of the 6 Republican presidents since Eisenhower have had articles of impeachment brought against them. None succeeded of course, but the the playbook is there.

Cata, this answer one of your questions to me

Nov 7, 2019, 9:49 AM

Apparently yes, Dems have made a pretty big deal about losing control.

Catahoula

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Huh? No. That's false.***

Nov 7, 2019, 12:29 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

[Catahoula] used to be almost solely a PnR rascal, but now has adopted shidpoasting with a passion. -bengaline

You are the meme master. - RPMcMurphy®

Trump is not a phony. - RememberTheDanny

What is? There have been impeachment procedings

Nov 7, 2019, 1:22 PM

against every Republican president since eisenhower except for Ford. That's a true statement.

"Mostly false" per Snopes is actually Mostly true

Nov 7, 2019, 2:13 PM [ in reply to Huh? No. That's false.*** ]

"The U.S. has had six republican presidents since Eisenhower left office in 1961: Richard Nixon, Gerald Ford, Ronald Reagan, George H. W. Bush, George W. Bush, and Donald Trump. The claim is wrong on its face because Democrats made no effort to impeach Ford"

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/dems-impeach-gop-presidents/

It will but it's a last ditch effort to remove him from...

Nov 7, 2019, 1:37 PM [ in reply to I thought impeachment was going to HELP Trump get ]

the ballot in 2020. Basically, impeachment is dems' only hope and it delights the idiots who have faith that Trump will be removed from office.

Remember how you felt when Mueller said he found no evidence that any American conspired with Russia to fix the 2016 election? Try doubling that when the polls close and the vote is counted. Just imagine that CNN calls the election for Trump at the same time Mueller is testifying that he can't find evidence of collusion.

It will be fulfillment of prophesy, 'There will be whailing and gnashing of teeth.'

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

nooses tightening, panic setting in

Nov 7, 2019, 3:08 PM

all that stuff.

Dems should spend their time finding a quality candidate to beat Trump rather than all this investigating stuff.

That let a minority of twitter peeps destroy the party.***

Nov 7, 2019, 6:57 PM

You watch too much West Wing.

Nov 7, 2019, 11:04 AM [ in reply to What if, and I know this may blow our minds... ]

There is nothing about this that looks like high-mindedness. Even if the Democrats are right.

null

Jed Bartlet would never have us in this position.

Nov 7, 2019, 11:12 AM

Those were the good old days.

Perhaps I said it wrong.

Nov 7, 2019, 11:09 AM [ in reply to The comment is just tacky and small. But that’s where we live these days. ]

Maybe it's more that knowing they can't beat Trump pushes them toward trying to eliminate him from the 2020 election which gives them nothing more than 'no possible chance,' to win.

For the life of me I don't see any significant difference between my previous post and this one other than who I replied to.

Kennedy sounds like a fool. Why would he put that on film?

Nov 7, 2019, 9:19 AM

He is going to want to run and hide from that in the near future. But, I guess that kind of language plays well in today's Party of Trump.

Lots of Republicans are playing the willfully ignorant fool.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It's what I was talking about yesterday...

Nov 7, 2019, 9:22 AM

Why it matters what the President says and does. He is imitated. I don't remember our leaders talking like this about each other a five years ago.

Re: It's what I was talking about yesterday...

Nov 7, 2019, 9:29 AM

Winston Churchill on Prime Minister Lord Rosebery: “He was a great man in an era of small events.”

John Quincy Adams on Thomas Jefferson: “A slur upon the moral government of the world.”

French statesman Georges Clemenceau on British politician David Lloyd George: “Oh, if I could pissss the way he speaks!”

John Montagu (after a heated exchange with John Wilkes): "Sir, I do not know whether you will die on the gallows or of the pox!" John Wilkes: “That, sir, depends on whether I first embrace your Lordship's principles or your Lordship's mistresses.”

Assistant Secretary of the Navy Teddy Roosevelt on President William McKinley: “No more backbone than a chocolate éclair.”

Former British Prime Minister Benjamin Disraeli on Former British Prime Minister William Gladstone: “If Gladstone fell into the Thames, that would be a misfortune. If anybody pulled him out, that, I suppose, would be a calamity.”

Senator William E. Jenner on New York Governor W. Averell Harriman: “He’s thin, boys. He’s thin as pissss on a hot rock.”

Andrew Jackson: “I have only two regrets: I didn't shoot Henry Clay and I didn't hang John C. Calhoun.”

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Googling "all-time worst insults by politicians"

Nov 7, 2019, 9:33 AM

Is really just showing that those are exceptional instances, and not the norm. Anyways, I'm against those, too.

Dang, you caught me.***

Nov 7, 2019, 9:34 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It doesn't actually sound like these are exceptional

Nov 7, 2019, 9:45 AM [ in reply to Googling "all-time worst insults by politicians" ]

instances. What Obed posted were strong words during their time.

I dunno, if that was the norm, then maybe the

Nov 7, 2019, 9:47 AM

norm got better, or something, because I don't remember, and Obed didn't post any, such language from politicians from more recent times.

That's the only way to defend stuff like this.

Nov 7, 2019, 10:02 AM [ in reply to Re: It's what I was talking about yesterday... ]

Just pretend it happens all the time and everyone does it. If a Republican does something terrible just say, "What about that time a Democrat did a thing?"

You sort of took your counterpoint and ran with it.

Nov 7, 2019, 10:08 AM

I didn't list anyone based on political affiliation...didn't really care, nor did I ever insinuate that it happens all the time.

Just providing Prodigal with some data to dissuade him from his apparent belief that up until now politicians have been entirely civil and courteous beings when speaking publicly.

Prod didn't insinuate that this was the first insult in the

Nov 7, 2019, 10:13 AM

history of American politics.

Re: Prod didn't insinuate that this was the first insult in the

Nov 7, 2019, 10:16 AM

"I don't remember our leaders talking like this about each other five years ago."

Do you think he was just taking a random sample of history? Like he meant it was really civil 5 years ago because it was a golden age of civility, but 10 years ago was off the chain rude?

I think most people would read "5 years ago" as "up until Trump our leaders didn't talk about each other like this".

Boys, boys.

Nov 7, 2019, 10:21 AM

No need to argue over little ol' me. I appreciated Obed's post...it was entertaining and informative, though not completely dissuasive of my point.

I'm not arguing over you, jerkface. I'm just not gonna take

Nov 7, 2019, 10:23 AM

crap from a guy who owned a "sports car" that only had 212hp and consumed a quart of oil every 500 miles.

That is messed up. Good golly, Murc.

Nov 7, 2019, 10:25 AM

Sorry, that's the foulest language I can muster.

Yo that's hitting below the belt, dog.

Nov 7, 2019, 10:36 AM [ in reply to I'm not arguing over you, jerkface. I'm just not gonna take ]

And it had 238 hp.

Agree. Republicans want to normalize Trump and his minions

Nov 7, 2019, 9:36 AM [ in reply to It's what I was talking about yesterday... ]

and their corrupt behavior.

This is not going to end well for them.

ugh. Nooses tightening, panic setting in

All that?

Shut up, stupid idiot.***

Nov 7, 2019, 9:38 AM [ in reply to It's what I was talking about yesterday... ]

You never talked like that to me pre-Trump.

Just unbelievable.

Then certainly, its all Trumps fault.

Nov 7, 2019, 9:53 AM

And I'd guess the Russians had something to do with it as well.

That is, of course, a strawman.

Nov 7, 2019, 9:55 AM

I never said anything was "all Trump's fault". I'm saying his words and behavior matter, and nothing more. This Senator is responsible for his words; they are his fault.

That was a joke

Nov 7, 2019, 10:46 AM

Lighten up francis.

Tulsi doesn't think it's funny.

Nov 7, 2019, 7:00 PM

I only laughed because reveals the idiocy of the average left wing nut.

do Veeps count also?

Nov 7, 2019, 2:59 PM [ in reply to It's what I was talking about yesterday... ]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HHKq9tt50O8

Replies: 43
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic