Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Gamecocks Recruiting
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 24
| visibility 9,057

Gamecocks Recruiting

Jun 10, 2017, 8:48 PM

Checked out theirvescruiting and they are literally offering anyone with a pulse from South Carolina. No star guys. 2 star guys and a few 3 stars. They are having their high school camps and just throwing offers

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

they've got this state locked down. Boom.

Jun 10, 2017, 8:55 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Plus their staff works harder at evaluation than others...

Jun 10, 2017, 10:01 PM

So they are getting under-the-radar studs.

Re: Plus their staff works harder at evaluation than others...

Jun 10, 2017, 10:05 PM

They are not getting them, but there definitely are quality "under the radar" players out there.

Re: Gamecocks Recruiting

Jun 10, 2017, 10:01 PM

There has to be a cake to put the icing onto .
#Boom knows what #Boom do .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Jun 11, 2017, 11:09 AM

#gamecockcake
Covered in
#doo-doo icing

Jun 10, 2017, 10:09 PM

Wasn't their motto no camp no offer, I believe the recruits heard that and didn't show up for camp because they didn't want no offer from the coots. App. State might be out recruiting them now plus they have to recruit against Coastal Carolina since they joined the Sun Conf.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We keep getting better & better everyday, in every way!
“The only disability is a bad Attitude” Dabo Swinney!!
Let’s Go Tigers!

Jun 10, 2017, 10:22 PM

"At the end of the day we knew that Clemson wasn't recruiting that much better than us, or better at all."

-JB

Can you imagine being a fan of that school? It has to be so hard these days. Lawd. Lol

That fans base...

Jun 11, 2017, 9:01 AM

absolutely deserves every imaginable calamity that can befall them.

If the earth opened-up and swallowed the entire city of Columbia literally erasing it from the face of the earth, it would be a service to humanity.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Re: That fans base...

Jun 11, 2017, 3:50 PM

For those of us that live in Columbia but follow the Tigers with all of our hearts, we do not want to be swallowed up because we want to experience more beat downs and Nattty Championships. Class of '79.

Go Tigers!!!!

Jun 11, 2017, 10:08 AM [ in reply to Re: Gamecocks Recruiting ]

That statement would be true if we discounted quality and only used quantity as the measuring stick. Usuck. Is as good as any at filling their roster. Who cares if there is no quality there?

Jun 10, 2017, 10:36 PM

Those clowns at FGF are so funny. They claim they don't want XT because he isn't loyal/team player. But they are drooling over a 3 star ATH who's film is misleading and only Will Muschamp can see actual talent.

Jun 11, 2017, 1:21 AM

It's a tough time for the Gamecocks, Spurrier has been long gone, good luck with boom and that QB with less than par self & team evaluation skills. Clemson sees a 5* prospect in SC, all Dabo has to do is make the call. IMO I think there are going to be 2nd, 3rd generation players ( father played for them ) that get recruited by them, that really want to go to Clemson, and some will. Just so happens that the best will want to come here. The lower level talent will come with all attitude and poor playing qualities "Boom" could hope for to coach up. He's supposed to be a great coaching hire and a great recruiter? Oh, and win your division. Good luck with that.

My Take

Jun 11, 2017, 7:08 AM

Even kids that grew up coot fans really don't want to be there. Muscoot is NOT the answer to success, it should be pretty obvious. Unsuccessful at Florida, unsuccessful at Auburn. Unsuccessful in cootville. XT was a perfect example of kids that are being recruited by both schools. When high school kids watch a "powerful" $ec school lose to the Citadel, that isn't incentive to go there and make them better. It's embarrassing. When high school kids go to a game where both schools are recruiting you, and one school wins 56-7 in a total annihilation, he doesn't want to go to the losing school to make them better. When the #1 and #3 best players in the nation goes to the same school, other kids take notice. 18 year old kids are impressionable. Wins impress. Losses do not. I honestly think it's that simple, discarding the "booster" effect.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Annnd, we've got Ole Spud. Why is that never mentioned as

Jun 11, 2017, 8:38 AM

one of our greatest assets?

Re: Annnd, we've got Ole Spud. Why is that never mentioned as

Jun 11, 2017, 10:31 AM

I appreciate you spud!

I was formally known as Furious george and have changed my name to match the name I use to call on WCCP radio.

That's because their fan base is ignorant and deluded***

Jun 11, 2017, 9:16 AM [ in reply to Re: Gamecocks Recruiting ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 11, 2017, 12:09 PM [ in reply to Re: Gamecocks Recruiting ]

They just claim they don't want XT bc he is a Tiger commit if he decommitted and decided to pick uscjr they would accept him with open arms and say how much of a team player he is and how great he is going to be and blah blah blah. They were drooling over XT that's all I heard from coot fans when they thought they were about to land him. Now he's overrated and they don't want him he's going to be a bust. That's just them being butt hurt and salty!!

Jun 11, 2017, 8:33 AM

The consensus from most gamecocks is that when (not if) they get D. Joyner that all these commits will come rolling in. Doubt that happens but we will see

Jun 11, 2017, 8:37 AM

I'm almost certain that D Joyner ends up at Cootlumbia... he's pretty set there bc the QB depth in chicken town is a joke

Jun 11, 2017, 12:23 PM [ in reply to Re: Gamecocks Recruiting ]

I just wish Joyner would accept not playing qb and come to clemson he's a great ATH! I would hate to see this kid go to uscjr and possibly ruin his career! I really liked him and wanted him but knew he couldn't play qb for us. Will hate to have to beat him down every year bc I liked the kid and followed him for awhile since he was coming with Simpson on his recruiting trips.

Desperate times call for desperate measures***

Jun 11, 2017, 8:47 AM

...IF they are evaluating guys off camps....

Jun 11, 2017, 10:26 AM

...I really don't have a problem with it. Also if they've done a lot of film-crunching, especially on local guys, you can find plenty of guys under the radar with good evaluation and good development. One program that made a living for years doing that was VT under Frank Beamer and especially Bud Foster on the defensive side; the Tidewater area had plenty of "under the radar" athletes who just needed coaching up and they were very good at finding them. (So too do the Midlands and Low Counties in South Carolina.) Truthfully you can argue Dabo's development and talent identification was as important as his recruiting as well; for every Deshaun Watson or Sammy Watkins we got in recruiting we also found ourselves a Grady Jarrett, a Kendall Joseph, a Kevin Dodd...and we found those guys, especially in the Upstate in our own footprint, and we developed them.

One thing to keep in mind is the bias of the recruiting services. Pretty much: they tell their subscribers what they want to hear. Carolina's recruiting absolutely fell off a cliff after about 2013 or so; Spurrier's staff packed it in and pretty much stopped working but there was absolutely no sign of that per their recruiting rankings. Rivals had Carolina #16 overall in 2013 and only Pharoah Cooper from that class was drafted and only Skai Moore - who has major medical red-flags - might still be. In 2014 they were #16 again...and nobody from that class has been drafted or is likely to be. 2015, they were #19 and Zack Bailey is probably their only NFL prospect.

That's bad. Atrocious, actually.

Three NFL prospects in three years aint' a talent level that wins you a lot of games. But Rivals.com somehow didn't notice those guys were terrible...and neither did any of the other services. Which tells you pretty much everything you need to know about the objective credibility of the recruiting services.

So the only thing Muschamp's approach tells you is that they aren't getting known blue-chips right now. Which we knew. But if you're going to be successful at South Carolina the camp-and-evaluation approach is probably the way to go; only time will tell if Muschamp is indeed evaluating well and developing those guys and the recruiting services aren't going to offer any kind of insight in that regard.

I guess we'll wait and see. I'm curious myself. Is Muschamp a misfire who will soon fizzle or is he the blue-collar guru his defenders portray him as? I dunno...yet. There's signs in both directions, actually.

Jun 11, 2017, 11:35 AM

I'm thinking Boom must be wondering what kind of mess have I stepped into . He saw the reality after the Clemson game .
He realized oh #### , we got to start recruiting tomorrow .
Then his previous "real deal " transfers out of there .
Next comes spring and XT springs the April surprise on him .
Decootmints ......

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 11, 2017, 12:05 PM

Haha they are desperate and they smell of it. Kinda sad(not really) how far they have fallen since their 5 peat they will hold on to for life!! I loved how last year SC didn't have very many high rated guys recruits only like 1 or 2 top 300 players and they were WR but we got better out of Tennessee of course but all I heard from coot fans were how they locked down the state . With landing 5 outta top 6 in SC but only 2 were even 4 stars rest were 2 stars we didn't even bother going after bc we had limited numbers! Don't hear that this year when SC has some highly rated recruits in this cycle we locked the state down and got the best players and in 18 cycle that means a lot more considering this years cycle is far more talented then 17 class in the state of SC. That talent gap Bently doesn't think exists is just getting bigger and bigger. funniest part about it is coot fans don't think there is that big of a gap and they are closing it with muschump! It's hilarious

Replies: 24
| visibility 9,057
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic