Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
That fake punt was the stuff of legends.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 15
| visibility 1

That fake punt was the stuff of legends.

Jan 1, 2016, 11:32 AM

So much to discuss from that amazing game last night, but for now, I wanted to say that the fake punt was the stuff of legends. The call by itself was fantastic, but when you add in the ACCCG blunder, the backside-chewin' Dabo gave him, the media frenzy around it, the three weeks of rehashing it, analyzing it, critiquing it...then for Dabo to make the call that Teasdall was going to be counted on to make that play...legendary. THAT defines Dabo's relationship with these players...not what the media tries to make it out to be. They tried to darken it, acting like Dabo was out of line with his treatment of Teasdall. But he believes in his players. And throwing it to a lineman? Craaaaazy. Fantastic all around.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Re: That fake punt was the stuff of legends.

Jan 1, 2016, 11:38 AM

I could not believe what I was seeing ,., I guess they made up and worked on that play .,

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

simply amazing

Jan 1, 2016, 11:38 AM

what is that freak professor from UNC going to write about now?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

What will the media find to criticize now?

Jan 1, 2016, 11:43 AM

Too bad... they're gonna have to find a new storyline. How about, "Swinney shows confidence in Teasdale by giving him a chance at a game-changing play." Nah, that would show that an occasional a$$-chewing is more effective than a lifetime of coddling! DUH!

As for the guy from UNC, maybe he'll just crawl under a rock and let the sun bake him out.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

A resume, would be my suggestion

Jan 1, 2016, 11:48 AM [ in reply to simply amazing ]

-PhD

2005_ncaa_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I've been wrong two times, but this isn't one of them.

Re: That fake punt was the stuff of legends.

Jan 1, 2016, 11:39 AM

Agree. Dabo can be hard on the players when they mess up, but they respect him and respond. That pass was not an easy thing for Teasdale to throw or the 300 lb. lineman to catch. A think of beauty set up by the NC game chewing. I bet Teasdale feels much better than after the UNC game. Heh.

I was literally just thinking the same thing...

Jan 1, 2016, 11:41 AM

favorite play of the game - talk about BYOG. an instant all time classic CU play.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

#redemptionrooski***

Jan 1, 2016, 11:44 AM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: #redemptionrooski***

Jan 1, 2016, 11:48 AM

Before the game I might have said a Teasdall fake punt would be the least likely play call imaginable. Tactical brilliance.

Re: #redemptionrooski***

Jan 1, 2016, 11:50 AM

Yeah, I think Stoops said the same thing! Gottcha!

Go Tigers! Still beaming with pride this morning!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I told flyingtigerfan later during the ACC title game...

Jan 1, 2016, 11:48 AM

While we were lining up to punt, I texted him, "we should fake it. They'd never see it coming."

I guess we were saving it for a game where we might need it. 100% agree with everything you wrote, Wookie. And glad your handle has come back into fashion again.

Believe it or not....

Jan 1, 2016, 11:51 AM

...while driving home from work the other day, this scenario occurred to me. That they would actually call on Teasdall to fake punt. I had him running for short yardage.

After all of the hubbub about the chewing out, NO ONE would be expecting a greenlight for Teasdall, much less a long throw to a DEFENSIVE LINEMAN...holy cow!!! They obviously prepped for that one and they both pulled it off in grand shape. Only thing better would have been if Wilkins had rumbled in for the TD.

YES agreed! Stuff of legends!

Great setup... you just knew Dabo couldn't resist it!

Jan 1, 2016, 11:53 AM

Props to Dabo, Andy, and Christian! How about him tightroping the sidelines? I thought he was going to score!

Balls. Beautiful, large, astounding, and reverential***

Jan 1, 2016, 11:55 AM

And Wilkens almost had the balance to tiptoe the sideline to score.***

Jan 1, 2016, 11:57 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Ya I wasn't a huge fan of the call, but when I thought

Jan 1, 2016, 12:15 PM

about what it probably meant to Teasdall after the chewing he took in the ACCCG, I loved it. What a way to turn some negative media attention into a positive!

Replies: 15
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic