Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Great Read On Why FSU and Clemson Will Stay In The ACC
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 20
| visibility 1

Great Read On Why FSU and Clemson Will Stay In The ACC

May 23, 2012, 10:32 PM

Preamble: Why would FSU (and Clemson) ever choose to leave the ACC for a collection of mostly unremarkable Universities located in the Nation's Dust Bowl?

http://dev.chuckoliver.net/2012/05/forget-rumors-reasons-why-fsu-would-never-join-the-big-12/

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

$$$ and playoffs. There's your answer.***

May 23, 2012, 10:37 PM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

FOLLOW US ON TWITTER- http://twitter.com/#!/SonsOfClemson

Hey Hooters, You Really Are a Boob.***

May 23, 2012, 10:38 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That article was written many moons ago

May 23, 2012, 10:40 PM

compared to everything that has come out in the past 2 weeks. Even the author of that story admits he goofed:

http://dev.chuckoliver.net/2012/05/the-miscalculations-which-lead-to-my-missing-the-fsu-to-big-12-story/

Re: That article was written many moons ago

May 23, 2012, 10:44 PM

TigerInVegas - you beat me to it. Sorry for the duplicate ... :(

Re: Great Read On Why FSU and Clemson Will Stay In The ACC

May 23, 2012, 10:42 PM

You do realize that that article is dated May 7. On May 21 (Mon) - the author printed a retraction / mea culpa.

In short - your reference is 2 weeks old & wrong.

http://dev.chuckoliver.net/2012/05/the-miscalculations-which-lead-to-my-missing-the-fsu-to-big-12-story/

That author is a diptard, which is clear from

May 23, 2012, 10:44 PM

the way he issued a corrected version of the story.

Basically he made a stand based on his percentages of being right, and when he was wrong he looked like a tool.

If Chadd was such a genius, he wouldn't be writing on that crappy site, IMO.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

article was written on May 7...before the SEC/Big12

May 23, 2012, 10:47 PM

announcement that kind of changed things

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why is this SEC/B12 Bowl Thing Such A Big Deal?

May 23, 2012, 11:01 PM

Yet another Bowl, yet another exhibition match, are we that bored?, yawn... If one of their teams make the playoff, you get to see the runners-up... so what? But, I read this interesting view, please read:

http://www.free-times.com/index.php?cat=1992909083477258&act=post&pid=12112305120866281

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Hooters..I dont quite know what to make of you

May 24, 2012, 3:14 AM

You are so incredibly wrong and so backwards on your views all the time...are you just that naive? Are you a kid? Or are you not even a Clemson fan just trying to p*** people off?

My Hidden Agenda, The Bowl System Is A Joke

May 24, 2012, 9:40 AM

The Bowl System Is a joke

The proposed 4 team playoff system is even a bigger joke, throwing a bone at the playoff movement, keeping the gambling interests happy?, forcing the formation of 4 "Super Conferences" because in reality, that is the only way you will have a shot at the 4 team playoff is to be in one of the 4 Super Conferences.

That is why we need a true playoff... winner of each conference goes + 5 wildcards for a total of 16 teams.

No more the compelling need to flip conferences because, if you win your conference, you go. If don't win and still do very well, you still have a chance to go.

Simple as that.

I'm not saying you're stupid, son, but REALLY?

May 24, 2012, 10:23 AM

Is the freakin' ROSE BOWL a "big deal"?

This bowl is automatically on the same level.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The definition of awesome!

Barker will never leave the ACC unless UNC, UVA, Duke

May 23, 2012, 10:52 PM

Ga Tech all left.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

And rightfully so***

May 23, 2012, 10:56 PM

Re: Barker will never leave the ACC unless UNC, UVA, Duke

May 23, 2012, 11:18 PM [ in reply to Barker will never leave the ACC unless UNC, UVA, Duke ]

I don't think it's really up to Barker, but the Board of Trustees

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Barker will never leave the ACC unless UNC, UVA, Duke

May 24, 2012, 10:11 AM

hahaha you keep telling yourself that. they're simply meeting today to let each other know that none of them think a move to the big 12 is plausible. it's just to shut up the annoying rumors and focus on what is best for CLEMSON UNIVERSITY. and that certainly isn't moving to a conference affiliation with such great schools as texas tech, oklahoma state, wvu, iowa state, and kansas state.

May 24, 2012, 9:44 AM

I'm so looking forward to going to the nation's Rust Bowl for games at Pitt and Syracuse....

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Screw Calford.

This article in no way represents the views

May 24, 2012, 10:11 AM

Of The Dude, York_Tiger or 2 guys somewhere in Oklahoma with inside information.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 24, 2012, 10:30 AM

I started to click your link then I saw "chuckoliver".... lol

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Bbbbbbbut, he's the KING!

May 24, 2012, 10:43 AM

Says so right there on his website.

The definition of awesome!

Academics might be a factor

May 24, 2012, 10:30 AM

but they shouldn't be in an ATHLETIC conference. If the school wants to develop academic relationships with schools outside its conference, nothing is stopping them.

Replies: 20
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic