Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Off topic -living in Orlando
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 77
| visibility 1

Off topic -living in Orlando

Jun 14, 2016, 1:08 PM

It is surreal here. Never experienced anything like this. On a negative note, it is horrifying to go onto Facebook and see how many of my "friends" are using this time to defend assault rifles (or AR's or Sporting Rifles or semi automatics, etc) - basically defending the weapon that just shot over 100 people in less than 3 minutes. I'm not anti 2nd amendment. I'm not even anywhere near a point that I want to argue against these type of weapons. I'm just heartbroken. My town is still identifying the dead. I hate to see how many of my Clemson classmates are taking this time to make their case for these guns. Maybe give us a week to process this tragedy before you tell us how amazing this f'ing gun is.

On a positive note, a Clemson grad (and head of the Clemson Club in Orlando for several years), Mike Synan, is a reporter for FOX in Orlando and he is doing a terrific job. He is emotionally ripped apart but his reports are solid and he conveys the emotion of the situation in each report. Proud that he is a Tiger!

I was in line at the blood bank yesterday and the facebook gun topic was the number one topic. I encourage you, regardless of you stance on these types of guns, for this moment, if you have to say something, please just say that you're sorry for what Orlando is going through and you stand with them. Please be a decent human being. No one questions your right to your opinion. But do you really have to put it in our face right now?

Sorry for the rant. Very emotional here. Most people aren't even back to work yet. Just taking food to the police and medics. Giving blood. Just numb.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Prayers for the victims and their families.

Jun 14, 2016, 1:12 PM

So tragic.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Dabo crushed my soul." --- Classof09

I guess we should have banned airplanes after 9/11

Jun 14, 2016, 1:17 PM

Prayers for the victims of this terrorist attack.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

Re: I guess we should have banned airplanes after 9/11

Jun 14, 2016, 1:45 PM

Actually, they did ban airplanes. Shut the skies down for days and got far more strict on security and what objects you could have on your person and carry on.

But go ahead and be a d o u c h e about it. The person said everyone is entitled to their opinion but asked folks to just hold off on being a jerk and that's the first #### thing you did. Shame on you.

Message was edited by: CtLiEgMeSrOsN®

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I guess we should have banned airplanes after 9/11***

Jun 14, 2016, 1:51 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers

Jun 14, 2016, 2:19 PM [ in reply to Re: I guess we should have banned airplanes after 9/11 ]

And yet their effectiveness at stopping terrorists getting on planes didn't change one bit. They confiscated a bunch of ky and shampoo but let the shoe bomber the underwear bomber and several others board planes. It's called security theatre. It's great at causing lots of extra hastle for law abiding people but very ineffective at stopping the bad guys. But it makes snail minded people feel safer so that's all that counts.

Jun 14, 2016, 2:25 PM

People will always find a way, no doubt about that. And it hurts to the core to know that people like that exist. And I certainly understand the illusion of security, or at least feeling that way when said awful people find a way.

There are lots of things to consider on both sides of the arguement, think OP even reference that thought.

I wasn't so much staking my claim to one side or another, just advocating that people show empathy, which is all OP asked for. But I guess that's just me being snail minded.

That analogy makes no sense.

Jun 14, 2016, 1:55 PM [ in reply to I guess we should have banned airplanes after 9/11 ]

Airplanes are a crucial cog in the nation's economy and are principally designed to transport people and goods across long distances.

Assault weapons are not crucial to the economy (there are substitute goods like regular rifles and shotguns, after all). They are principally designed for military/police use.

There is no real difference btw an AR 15 and semi deer rifle

Jun 14, 2016, 3:36 PM

other than the look. They are both 1 trigger pull = 1 round fired. The AR just looks like a military rifle. Both fire a .223 round. There are more options for clips for AR because there are generally state laws about how many rounds you can fire to kill game.

You guys realize Sandy Hook was a government hoax right.

Jun 14, 2016, 3:46 PM

Facts: One guy shoots over 100 ppl in 3 min. Not possible. No medics seen carrying ppl into ambulances, only party ppl carrying other party ppl. To their cars. The club sends out a Facebook message during the alleged shooting. Boston Marathon the list goes on. Don't be fooled, OP might be part of the problem. Wait to see 50 death certificates before you think you know what happened in Orlando. Crisis actors are used heavily by the government. Google it. This is what they do, stage an event where you have no choice but to agree with gun control and gay rights.

My dear God... Go back into your backyard bomb shelter

Jun 14, 2016, 5:15 PM

If you seriously believe that this was a hoax designed to promote the anti-gun and homosexual agenda, then you are already a lost cause.

I would say I'm ashamed that we are fans of the same team, but it seems based upon the quality of your grammar and syntax, that you are probably just a "supporter" anyways.

I am sorry I have but one thumbs down to give this moronic

Jun 14, 2016, 8:53 PM [ in reply to You guys realize Sandy Hook was a government hoax right. ]

post. Good gracious. I am ashamed for you. Why don't you go visit some the surviving family members of Sandy Hook, the Boston Marathon, or the Pulse massacre, then get back to us on how it never happened.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: There is no real difference btw an AR 15 and semi deer rifle

Jun 14, 2016, 3:46 PM [ in reply to There is no real difference btw an AR 15 and semi deer rifle ]

According to our Republican Congress, assault rifles are safe enough that even the mentally disturbed and people on terrorist watch-lists shouldn't be precluded from buying them.

There's common sense... and then there are NRA-backed Republicans. It's an absolute f*cking joke.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Unfortunately a watch list isn't a criminal conviction

Jun 14, 2016, 5:34 PM

The watch list has about 500,000 names on it and there is no set rationale for having your name on or taken off the watch list. There is no due process involved in that. Just a matter of some government agent saying "lets watch this guy." Even the ACLU has said that the watch list isn't a disqualifying reason. There was a proposal about the same time as the watch list debate from one of the Texas Senators that said anyone on the watch list had a 72 hour wait, but that was blocked by Democrats. Mental health reasons is a disqualifying reason...but HIPAA and other privacy laws have made it almost impossible to have a background check that includes mental conditions.

The problem becomes finding a way to prevent those folks that are "marginal" through a background check that doesn't take an unreasonable time keep someone from legally owning a firearm. If a state government decides they don't want to have guns in their district, they could just never complete a background check. I don't think you have to have immediate, point-of-sale-type response on background checks, but they need to have a set window as well. If they can't find anything on you in say 48 hours its yours. Since gun ownership is a constitutional right, the onus is on the government to find something that keeps you from owning a gun. You don't have to prove that you can. Kinda like the NFL, if they can't find a reason to overturn a call with 1 minute of video replay, the play stands.

I deal with state government all the time on professional licensure issues. It can take them up to 6 months to complete background checks on doctors and nurses THAT ARE ALREADY PRACTICING IN THE STATE and just changing location. If they can't do that in a reasonable amount of time, what makes you think that they would fast-track a thorough firearm check or monkey around with the process for political reasons?

Oh there's a difference.

Jun 14, 2016, 6:09 PM [ in reply to There is no real difference btw an AR 15 and semi deer rifle ]

ARs are less powerful.

there is a real diff between a clip and a magazine tho******

Jun 14, 2016, 8:18 PM [ in reply to There is no real difference btw an AR 15 and semi deer rifle ]

There was major airplane security reform post 9/11

Jun 14, 2016, 2:07 PM [ in reply to I guess we should have banned airplanes after 9/11 ]

That's for sure.

bingo***

Jun 14, 2016, 5:16 PM

Thank God for the TSA and their unmatched ability to protect

Jun 14, 2016, 6:08 PM [ in reply to There was major airplane security reform post 9/11 ]

us all.

You do have to admit that despite the maddening lines and

Jun 14, 2016, 7:36 PM

ridiculous screenings involved for every airline passenger, we have not seen an instance of airplane terrorism even close to that of 9-11. Those hijackings were an indication that our airport security system was lax and easily compromised and undermined.

Terrorists preyed upon the weakness of the existing system to accomplish their objectives... there are some analogies here. Regulation can be put forth that doesn't infringe upon existing gun owners' rights to own assault rifles. We can just try to make it harder to obtain them going forward.

You do have to admit that the TSA hasn't caught anyone or

Jun 15, 2016, 8:49 AM

anything.

http://www.cnn.com/2015/06/01/politics/tsa-failed-undercover-airport-screening-tests/?scrlybrkr=ac50f1a0

Re: Off topic -living in Orlando

Jun 14, 2016, 1:20 PM

if guns kill people, then folks can blame all their misspelled words on their pencil?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 14, 2016, 1:41 PM

If only guns had erasers to correct the mistakes made with them!

doesn't change the stupidity associated with the thinking...

Jun 14, 2016, 1:43 PM

some mistakes, you just can't take back - welcome to this little thing we call life.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 14, 2016, 2:09 PM [ in reply to Re: Off topic -living in Orlando ]

You're right. We must keep pencils out of the hands of these psychotics... Can you imagine getting sent to a desert island instead of a dessert island by virtue of poor spelling?

yes, i am right and i didn't need you to validate it.***

Jun 14, 2016, 2:10 PM

It's a horrific tragedy, and all across the country we

Jun 14, 2016, 1:21 PM

have offered our continued prayers.

The defense of guns is quick after something like this though, but it's in pure response to the government seizing every opportunity to push a gun control agenda before bodies are even identified. It's a different world we live in where news travels fast, it's a constant 24-hour cycle. With that, messages/arguments/debates start immediately as well. That's reality now.

Hopefully the friends and families of the victims can find peace at this time.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

aren't you preaching to the choir as the OP took this

Jun 14, 2016, 1:23 PM

opportunity to rant on the tiger football board here at tigernet.com?

I'm trying not to judge***

Jun 14, 2016, 1:33 PM

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

and i would not expect you to do so, as for me...

Jun 14, 2016, 1:36 PM

in the midst of all the sorrow & heartbreak, someone must remain calm as the world does not stand still.

and that's just my game.

Re: I'm trying not to judge***

Jun 14, 2016, 1:51 PM [ in reply to I'm trying not to judge*** ]

Yes, deadsolid, that's why I clearly said "offtopic" in my original post.

And no one here is thrilled with either dems or republicans politicizing this situation. But it's particularly appalling to see your facebook friends defending the weapon that shot over 100 people and killed over 50 (and most of us know a few people - Orlando is a medium sized city)just 2 days ago. I'm not even arguing for or against these guns. I'm just arguing against telling us how great they are at this moment.

And I know that I could stay off Facebook but its how many of us are connecting with each other at this time. I promise you that if you were standing in line at the blood banks in Orlando over the past 2 days, listening to the people, feeling what we are feeling, you would not be so vocal with your opinion.

Hang on a moment...

Jun 14, 2016, 2:01 PM

Grabbing the popcorn, and some trail mixes for @deadsolidperfect

^^^one of deadsolidperfect's Facebook friends***

Jun 14, 2016, 2:02 PM

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers

Re: ^^^one of deadsolidperfect's Facebook friends******

Jun 14, 2016, 2:07 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

You jelly?

Jun 14, 2016, 2:22 PM [ in reply to ^^^one of deadsolidperfect's Facebook friends*** ]

You sound jelly

not just "off topic", it's off board and way off at that...

Jun 14, 2016, 2:09 PM [ in reply to Re: I'm trying not to judge*** ]

you have a problem with facebook, i get that, so why dump it here? and if these are friends, i'd suggest you doing a much better job in the future choosing whom those might be? spit-ballin' here of course...

and beyond the pale of reason, you specifically called out one side - just me, but a thank you from you to gwptiger might be in order as he was kind enough to provide you with one of the issue's leading/major catalysts.

and so you know, i have a sister in orlando[no pigs] that worked with the sentinel for nigh 30 years, so neither the city beautiful nor the happenings at pulse are unfamiliar to me.

your political, facebookesque, horsepoop aside, i empathize with others pain.

Re: not just "off topic", it's off board and way off at that...

Jun 14, 2016, 2:17 PM

the "weapon" did not shoot by itself there is no such thing

Jun 14, 2016, 10:13 PM [ in reply to Re: I'm trying not to judge*** ]

as gun violence. Liberals never will understand accountability.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Neal, Neal, Neal

Jun 15, 2016, 1:27 AM

Why paint with such a broad brush my friend? I'm a liberal and I understand accountability very well.

Frankly as long as we label each other then there's not much of a chance we can address the real problems in our country...like corporations buying our elections. Or staying in Iraq for 15 years :)

You are right Felix....we should only allow the labor unions

Jun 15, 2016, 12:11 PM

to steal our elections!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm right there with you, man. I attempted to find out the

Jun 14, 2016, 1:22 PM

consensus of T-Netters who see the way that you and I do and it was probably about 3/4 of people who commented or liked. I'm sick about this whole thing and was wondering if people would recognize a connection between these weapons and how easy it is to kill large amounts of people in a short amount of time.

Prayers for Orlando.

I'm sick that our Pres can't say Islamic terrorist

Jun 14, 2016, 2:28 PM

I'm sick for what the left has done to harm my country.
I'm sick that political correctness stopped coworkers from reporting this manic when he had already ranted many times against gays and blacks.
I'm sick that gays can be executed in 10+ countries just for being gay and yet the religion of peace is never indicted.
I'm sick about a lot of things, just different things than you I guess.

You need to take that up with The President, he started it

Jun 14, 2016, 1:36 PM

right after.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

'I Cannot Sanction Your Buffoonery'

Re: You need to take that up with The President, he started it

Jun 14, 2016, 1:42 PM

Yup. OP should be mad at the libs that use every tragedy to push their agenda!

The fact that there is anything to "defend" in a time like this is the despicable part.

Re: You need to take that up with The President, he started it

Jun 14, 2016, 4:15 PM

You mean like the victory lap Trump ran over the 49 dead bodies? First politicized it, then offered condolences.

Conclusion? All politicians stink.

What would you expect, though? How many other U.S.

Jun 14, 2016, 1:42 PM [ in reply to You need to take that up with The President, he started it ]

presidents have had to stand up and give as many speeches after mass shootings during their tenure. Yes, he politicized the tragedy, but he's thinking that something has got to give at this point. Frankly, I'm getting sick of reading mass shooting headlines. Is it the world we live in? Bad mental healthcare? Easy access to high-capacity firearms? Failure of Gov't oversight in background checks? I don't know the answer, but I'm so tired of becoming desensitized to mass killings in this country because they are commonplace now.

Re: What would you expect, though? How many other U.S.

Jun 15, 2016, 5:03 AM

What about Islamic terrioist? That is who committed this crime the massacre and they do it everyday around the world and your worried about guns, really?
I do not carry a gun I never have I really am not in to guns but at this point I think I may buy one before some Islamic terrorist comes to my town.
Put the blame where it belongs!

Or any other terrorist

Jun 15, 2016, 8:38 AM

Or standard criminal. .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

I am blaming the terrorist. I know he could have

Jun 15, 2016, 10:53 AM [ in reply to Re: What would you expect, though? How many other U.S. ]

accomplished a similar objective by using another means of mass destruction. However, the particular instrumentality he chose to commit his act of domestic terrorism just so happens to be a common denominator in many of the recent mass shootings. If we had repeated instances of terrorists using pipe bombs, I would probably be advocating for regulations making the purchase of pipe bomb- making materials more difficult.

I'm not blaming the gun for this tragedy. I am absolutely blaming the terrorist. But it makes me sick that a terrorist can get his hands on this type of gun so easily in our country. Something is not right with that. Would I be willing to forfeit my ability to purchase an assault rifle in the future at the expense of preventing a terrorist from being able to buy one? Yes sir, I will gladly give up that right.

I'm not advocating for a confiscation of assault rifles currently owned. I'd just like to see enhanced screening for purchasing these weapons and a ban on the sale of large, high-capacity magazines. Ultimately, I don't see the utility in these types of guns, but I won't put my own personal politics ahead of the rights of others. There just has to be a way to make sure terrorists can't get these guns so easily.

prayers for the victims, families, friends and the people of

Jun 14, 2016, 1:46 PM

Orlando.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 14, 2016, 1:51 PM

comes from the top sadly enough

...instead of focusing on the tragedy, the pres goes full court politics

he's not a good leader in times like these

the articles out today in the media also taking advantage

natural people would get defensive

the politics of everything is disappointing

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 14, 2016, 1:58 PM

has nothing to do with president. its us, as a society. we do nothing. we stand for nothing. and we apparently don't give a rats a$$ what happens in this country. unless of course, it happens to our own family and friends - then we jump. pathetic

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I for one am glad you are stopping. You are one of the most ignorant posters ever. You obviously think very highly of your own opinion, unlike the rest of us - RockHillTiger

Jun 14, 2016, 1:59 PM [ in reply to Re: Off topic -living in Orlando ]

He may be the most divisive president we've ever had. I don't blame OP for politicizing the issue when our country's leadership is doing the same thing

Jun 14, 2016, 2:08 PM

as is trump. they are all doing it. watch the news. the quicker people put america before the stupidity of parties and blaming the oval office for everything, then maybe the populace will rise up as americans. until that day, you all may spew your do nothing rhetoric

I for one am glad you are stopping. You are one of the most ignorant posters ever. You obviously think very highly of your own opinion, unlike the rest of us - RockHillTiger

Jun 14, 2016, 2:33 PM

I am putting America first by correctly pointing out how divisive this president is. k..thanx!

Jun 14, 2016, 2:51 PM

well that sure helped out the country - thanks!

Jun 14, 2016, 2:52 PM

glad to help educate someone. no thanks needed.

Jun 14, 2016, 2:57 PM

too funny on education portion - keep on keeping on in that bubble. but please, support both do nothing parties and for gods sake here's hoping the next president is so much better for you. next time you can vote for kim kardashian. that seems to be where you're heading....

Jun 14, 2016, 3:01 PM

Who said I supported either party? I don't think I've ever heard kim kardashian speak, but I've seen pictures. not sure why you brought her up. you're babbling now

Jun 14, 2016, 3:13 PM

i don't care who you support. i care about clemson athletics. i also don't blame people for other peoples shortcomings. all presidents can be devisive - depending on what is going on. w was devisive on iraq. reagan on iran/contra and war on drugs. clinton on lewinsky. #### happens. but if we do nothing about these mass shootings, then we are to blame

Jun 14, 2016, 3:48 PM

sounds like we're on the same page. Right now I'm thinking there should have been more armed security for a club that size, but I'm going to wait for all the facts to come out before coming to my own conclusion.

Jun 14, 2016, 2:02 PM

Amazing to see those blood donation lines... Those images capture the spirit of American caring and generosity. Looks like your city will be okay with that kind of people. Thoughts with Orlando and anyone affected.

Jun 14, 2016, 2:05 PM

Beyond seeing both sides of the debate, and definitely agreeing with those that are upset with politicians using it to their advantage being disgusting, I can understand your frustration.

In so many cases, people who are against any sort of change to gun laws or regulations seem to lack eloquence to describe their position on a grand scale. Instead they spout stupid rhetoric as you see in this thread and any other in any forum you may come across.

If those same folks who are worried about their 2nd amendment rights could learn to support their position with class and not sound like a crass POS who doesn't understand the horrible timing and that they're framing their arguement in the worst way possible, people might listen/stop viewing you as an idiot.

Jun 14, 2016, 2:15 PM

Wow kyleh55...some people actually thumb downed your post! I knew the post would be hijacked into a gun debate despite your heart felt plea to wait for a more appropriate time and place. Social media is a strange thing somethimes. Even our beloved T-Net can have some smh moments.

Praying for all all those touched by this horrible act.

Jun 14, 2016, 3:02 PM

Yeah, crazy. First time I have ever been thumbs downed and it is for this post. Funny how little it matters right now. Thank you for the kind words.

Space Tiger is correct. The blood bank lines are amazing. I was in line for over 3 hours yesterday (a Monday) and the bank hit it's capacity. Also, people are delivering pizzas, tacos, burgers, water, etc. to police, medics and journalists working in the heat.

And I am not going to argue with deadsolidperfect. May he or she is right that I should not have brought this up here but Clemson is part of my community. I'm on Tigernet most days and it felt natural to mention it here during this time.

Kyle....no problem mentioning it here and I certainly ...

Jun 15, 2016, 12:28 PM

understand what you are saying..........there is a time and place for everything and now is just not the time to discuss certain topics. Other will disagree and that is fine and can see their point too. My brother-in-law was killed in an auto accident about 13 years ago and it involved alcohol. While my wife was at the hospital right after the accident, obviously quite emotional, (before I was able to go) she called me and told me to get rid of all the alcohol in our house. Although we drink very rarely and never abuse it, I told her I would be glad to do it. I did not see the reason we should, but that was not the time to argue the point.

well said.

Jun 14, 2016, 2:40 PM

sad thing, until something is done, it'll
happen again. and again.

The weapon didnt shoot anyone

Jun 14, 2016, 2:41 PM

The islamic terrorist did. Prayers for Orlando.

Jun 14, 2016, 3:04 PM

I wouldn't on a bet make light of what happen there, bc it's most horrific monster like occurrence that could have ever happen in the United States. But I do want to correct one statement, (basically defending the weapon that just shot over 100 people in less than 3 minutes) that weapon nor any other weapon made or sold in any country will kill a person on it's own. They don't jump out the closet or walk out the store and start killing bc if they did, another one wouldn't ever be made again.

It's the complete idiocy of our justice system that has tied the hands of parents so they can no longer raise their kids to fear the consequences of their parents when they screw up and break the rule of life. Parents these days can't raise them and teach them right from wrong without fear of going to jail when they beat their AS$ES to make them fear doing wrong. Most kids don't respect their parents anymore bc they know they won't get their A$S beat bc they threaten their parents with calling the Law on them. Parents hands are sorely handcuffed these days when their kids just won't listen anymore, bc the parents are the ones that now fear the child will have them put in jail, or their kids taken away and put into foster care. Knowing that foster care parents only care for those kids is, the income it brings into their house whole. There goes the true love of the real parents, the kind of love that all kids need from their real parents during their young life, during their up bringing life when it's needed the most. Our laws and people who have never raise a child have handcuffed parents hands from doing what is right to raise a productive human to face societies hard times.

Jun 14, 2016, 4:02 PM

Continuing to pray for victims, their loved ones and Orlando community. I grew up in Winter Park and while I live elsewhere in FL in am grieving for the innocence of those childhood memories and O Town.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I guess the terrorist wasn't the problem.***

Jun 14, 2016, 4:54 PM

A voice of reason is always welcomed to my ear.***

Jun 14, 2016, 5:37 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I agree. Commander in Chief should too***

Jun 14, 2016, 7:14 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Si vis pacem, para bellum (if you want peace, prepare for war)
USMC 1980-83
-Camp Lejeune
-Beirut, Lebanon
SC National Guard 1983-2018

Re: ^^^^^^^^This^^^^^^^^^***

Jun 14, 2016, 7:26 PM

Jun 14, 2016, 8:01 PM

I really hate it for the friends and families that had to go through this. I couldn't imagine losing somebody because some lunatic tried to prove a point.

Assault rifles

Jun 14, 2016, 9:26 PM

Are the topic today. Next up will be the use of drones to mass kill. If these things aren't strictly regulated they will make AR,s look like cap pistols
Next time you are sitting in a crowded arena like Death Valley think about what a drone equipped with explosives or poison gas could do to ruin a great day! And the 'hater' would never be caught.

Excellent post regardless of where one stands.. folks in Chas

Jun 15, 2016, 2:53 AM

may feel this a little more than others too. Exactly how I felt last year.. sad, numb, broken hearted..

Be well friend, time heals all. Carry the love.

null

Thank you so much for meeting your intended

Jun 15, 2016, 11:36 AM

goal of preventing conflict within our Tiger Board. Worked really well don't you think?

Replies: 77
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic