Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Florida thugging it up faster under Mullen than under Meyer
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 10
| visibility 1

Florida thugging it up faster under Mullen than under Meyer

May 9, 2019, 9:38 AM

https://twitter.com/the_real_clong/status/1126444832380080128

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Florida thugging it up faster under Mullen than under Meyer

May 9, 2019, 9:44 AM

Transfer Portal calling U of SCAR, -------- STAT!

May 9, 2019, 9:47 AM

I don't understand the first complaint. It was consensual, then two people come into the room, she says to stop and pushes the consensual guy off, then goes into the room of one of the guys that came into the room. The story doesn't make mention that the consensual guy didn't stop when told to. How is that battery?

That aside, I'm glad we "missed out" on Chris Steele.

May 9, 2019, 1:53 PM

No it began consensual then when she wanted to stop he refused to stop, nobody came into the room she had to force him off of her. The second event is when someone coming into the same room caused him to quit groping the girl, he's a rapist and deserves what he gets if these hold true.

http://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/26656420/florida-qb-jones-accused-sexual-battery

May 9, 2019, 3:37 PM

That makes a little more sense. This was the quote from the NY Post story that is linked in the OP tweet.

"A female student told University of Florida police that the first incident began consensually, but took a turn when freshman cornerbacks Chris Steele and Jaydon Hill barged into the room and started laughing.

The woman said she then told Jones, 18, to stop the encounter before pushing the freshman quarterback off and getting dressed. She then entered Steele’s room."

May 9, 2019, 9:28 PM [ in reply to Re: Florida thugging it up faster under Mullen than under Meyer ]

Definition changes to suit claims & situation of the accuser. Take her at her word, facts are not of import.

& NOW we know why we did not target Steele and Hill for CB**

May 9, 2019, 9:58 AM

Incorrect and also unfair

May 9, 2019, 10:05 AM

We went after Steele pretty hard at the end of the cycle and just didn’t get him. Also doesn’t mention anything about anyone but Johnson doing anything wrong here. Let’s be careful about disparaging someone’s character just for being tangentially linked to a situation.

Johnson is clearly a bad guy in all this but other than being at a party (common thing to do in college), the other 2 don’t appear to be doing anything wrong.

Re: Incorrect and also unfair

May 9, 2019, 9:41 PM

Many of these SEC schools are throwing out 10 or more times the number of offers than they have openings and they end up getting what they recruit and sign. I don't know if any kids transferring from UF have been in trouble or not and I hope they are leaving to go to a better atmosphere and program. Clemson rarely gets a "bad egg" anymore and it is because they do their homework and only offer kids that have character.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That also doesn’t mean

May 9, 2019, 12:58 PM

That Clemson gets everyone they wanted. Plenty of guys we thought were character fits enough to offer that didn’t end up choosing Clemson. That doesn’t make them bad kids. Steele was a kid the staff wanted and made a push for, it just didn’t work out in our favor.

Re: That also doesn’t mean

May 9, 2019, 1:46 PM

You're right BornATiger. I hope my post wasn't misconstrued as saying only Clemson gets character kids because I know that is not true. There are many great kids that Clemson wishes they could get and don't or don't have a slot for them at the time.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 10
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic