Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
That Zion blocked shot that is all over Sports Center this morning!
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 10
| visibility 2,485

That Zion blocked shot that is all over Sports Center this morning!

Jan 25, 2020, 10:33 AM

That was an obvious goaltending!! So obvious! And why didn't he catch the ball, instead of slapping it into the stands, anyway??

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: That Zion blocked shot that is all over Sports Center this morning!

Jan 25, 2020, 10:41 AM

Yeah borderline, but yeah I think you are right. I think they were so excited about Zion mania they didn't want to call it.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Trying to hype new blood in the NBA

Jan 25, 2020, 10:44 AM

No other reason to watch.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I think . . .

Jan 25, 2020, 10:59 AM

Havlicek and Russel were on the court the last time I watched an NBA game . . . just don't care for it . . . Y'all enjoy!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I think . . .

Jan 25, 2020, 11:31 AM

Amen and Amen Skeeta56®!!!!:)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I might go a little later into Bird and Jordan, but yes

Jan 25, 2020, 1:05 PM [ in reply to I think . . . ]

I have the same thoughts. Here's a proposal to consider:

Everything just needs to be a little bigger. The lane needs to be a foot or so larger in all directions, and the three point line needs to be a couple of feet further back. The rim height is another matter, but I would propose 10'6". The objective is to make the dimensions of the court, relative to the size/speed of the players, similar to the Havlicek/Russel era. The dynamics of the game would change in a way that would hopefully reestablish position basketball as a viable strategy, which would again make players of various skills valuable.

This would require making the court a bit wider, and that is the biggest obstacle as new floors and seating would be required, and they won't make that move until something like revenue decreases force drastic action, but of course by then its too late. See NASCAR.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I don't think it was borderline at all! Definitely on the way down!

Jan 25, 2020, 11:02 AM [ in reply to Re: That Zion blocked shot that is all over Sports Center this morning! ]

The NBA has been unwatchable for 15 years now.

Jan 25, 2020, 11:23 AM

Turn on a tape from the 80's, 90's or early 2000's to the the last time NBA basketball was a watchable sport.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Because ESPN and the NBA are complete jokes. So the guy is

Jan 25, 2020, 1:23 PM

big and can jump high? good grief.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Because ESPN and the NBA are complete jokes. So the guy is

Jan 25, 2020, 2:04 PM

You may not like it (and I’m not a huge fan either) but the NBA is absolutely rolling. By all measurable statistics, they are trending up. Viewership is up, attendance is up, revenues are up, etc. It’s clearly a different game than 20 years ago, but it is resonating with the public.

Jordan was allowed four steps to the basket also.

Jan 25, 2020, 2:38 PM

The NBA has to have its stars and the protect them well.

Replies: 10
| visibility 2,485
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic