Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
That Was Rude, She Hung Up On Me
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 20
| visibility 1

That Was Rude, She Hung Up On Me

Aug 13, 2020, 1:59 PM

Some people are just so rude re a phone conversation. I was sitting here at my computer reading all about the Bungling Buckeyes when the phone rang. I answered politely and a lady with a foreign accent told me there was a problem with my Medicare. I told her I was not a very smart person but if she would give me her phone number I would have my lawyer contact her. WHAM !! She hung up on me. That was not a nice way to end a conversation and frankly, I was insulted. Maybe she will reconsider and send me her phone number.

badge-ringofhonor-joe21.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: That Was Rude, She Hung Up On Me

Aug 13, 2020, 2:01 PM

Good job Joe! ????

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I never actually had the nerve to do it, but back before I

Aug 13, 2020, 2:14 PM

got phones with Caller ID and number blocking, I was tempted anytime a credit card company called wanting to give me a new credit card to holler out to my wife:

"Hey Honey, quit packing, we don't have to lose the house after all! Some idiot on the phone wants to give me another credit card!"

I suspect the result would have quickly been just the same as your call. :)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I had that happen to me yesterday also.

Aug 13, 2020, 2:27 PM

When I answered I was told my warranty had run out on my car and punch 3 to speak to a rep.

I did that and when the rep (foreigner ) asked me the make and model of my car I said 1972 Datsun and he hung up on me. Guess I’ll have to pay for all my repairs.

Aug 13, 2020, 2:18 PM

God love you Joe. You are great

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 13, 2020, 2:28 PM

:) :) :) :)

Aug 13, 2020, 2:52 PM

Back in 1979 I started work with a large regional company and we had to go to Atlanta for 6 weeks of training. You got to know your class pretty well and one afternoon we all met at one of gorl's room to all go to dinner. Just happens she got married a week before training started. Well, the phone rang a the guy nearest picked it up. He said, "Hello" and then "No, she is in the shower!" As the girl tried her best to get to the phone he hung up. She ran us out and 45 mins later she came down for dinner and had some choice words for the guy who answered! I have used that on wrong numbers since.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 13, 2020, 2:57 PM

I just got a text from AT&T that said my payment was "unsuccessful".

My payment and I have something in common.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 15, 2020, 5:27 AM

The Mole® said:

I just got a text from AT&T that said my payment was "unsuccessful".

My payment and I have something in common.

Same thing happened to me. I knew I had paid my bill. I wonder if at&t is linked to these. Scammers

Ive done this a lot

Aug 13, 2020, 3:33 PM

when they say "is so and so there", I say "yes, let me get them for you" and then I just let them hold till they decide to hang up.

Another good one is when you get junk mail with prepaid postage on the return envelopes, fill it with rocks and send it back. They are on the hook with postage which is usually weight related.

Re: Ive done this a lot

Aug 13, 2020, 5:39 PM

I did that one time and forgot I’d laid the phone down. Came back 30 minutes later and picked up the phone and he was still on! I do the mail thing but stuff it with junk mail, flyers, adds, oil change coupons. Anything without my name on it. Just wish I could be there when they open it.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Last time I got one of those messages I gave them the

Aug 13, 2020, 3:48 PM

phone number of the local FBI center.

Aug 13, 2020, 4:50 PM

Beautiful Joe ..... that will be my standard response from now on!

Aug 13, 2020, 5:21 PM

Laugh of the day! Thanks!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I truly miss Telemarketers

Aug 13, 2020, 5:32 PM

I’m left stuffing prepaid credit card envelopes with junk mail.

John Boy & Billy in Charlotte stuck it to Telemarketers

Aug 13, 2020, 6:50 PM

One of their best pranks ever was when there was some kind of telemarketer conference in Charlotte and they somehow found out their rooms and kept calling them all through the night from the lobby.

Aug 13, 2020, 7:23 PM

Hey, Joe! I have not been on in a few days. How is Linda? Mark and I have had you both in our prayers.

They leave me messages all the time about how I am going to lose my Medicare....

Aug 13, 2020, 10:51 PM

Funny thing is....I did not know I was quite old enough to have it yet!?!?! Who knew!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

sounds like a scam.***

Aug 14, 2020, 3:06 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Lots of those around - I had two calls yesterday

Aug 14, 2020, 3:11 PM

saying I would be arrested if I didn't follow instructions - I told the guy "good luck when you show up to get me" and he said no more.

Aug 14, 2020, 3:14 PM

Nice, Joe ! If I am in the right mood and I happen to pick up a cold sales call,I go with " wow - that sounds so interesting! I need to answer the door - be right back!" And then, after a few mins - "I was just sitting here hoping someone would call me and waste my time trying to sell me ..... "

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 20
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic