Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
That TO was a mistake.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 11
| visibility 1

That TO was a mistake.

Oct 3, 2020, 9:31 PM

Said it sitting here in the stadium when we called it... and that just proved it.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: That TO was a mistake.

Oct 3, 2020, 9:31 PM

Yes.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 3, 2020, 9:32 PM

No it’s was pure T ignorant

Oct 3, 2020, 9:33 PM

Yes but that is who we are. It has worked far more that it has not.

It works in certain circumstances.

Oct 3, 2020, 9:36 PM

It’s a bad idea against a team who had shown they can move be the ball. After the sack they were going to limp into halftime, bad decision there.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Had they shown they could move the ball?

Oct 3, 2020, 9:40 PM

They got 72 yards on those last 3 plays, but before that 104 yards on 32 plays. That's 3.2 yards per play which is pathetic. Also, their QB was 8-16 for 57 yards before those 3 plays. 3.6 yards per attempt is also putrid.

Yep..it's usually worked for us..

Oct 3, 2020, 9:37 PM [ in reply to Re: That TO was a mistake. ]

My complaint is the previous offensive drive, probably should have run on first or second down to eat some clock....with incomplete on 1st, u run on second to wind the clock down and then see what you can do on 3rd.

The timeout on defense didn't give up s touchdown...that was just crappy defense.

Disagree. There was no reason to think that drive was going

Oct 3, 2020, 9:34 PM

anywhere after the sack. I thought UVA might just run it twice to make sure they ran the clock down. Obviously it didn't work out, but I think it was the right call.

Exactly! 2nd-and-17 is usually a 3-and-out for a Venerables' D

Oct 3, 2020, 9:39 PM

Though this secondary is shacky as it gets. Our undersized safeties are slow too.

I think the flip of that has to be considered

Oct 3, 2020, 9:40 PM [ in reply to Disagree. There was no reason to think that drive was going ]

We had just squandered a chance at a 2 minute drive and we only had 2 TO’s. By calling our first after first down it gave them the chance to confer about a play call and even if it didn’t work on second down they could run it on third and long and force us to use our last TO and we’d get the ball with at most 45 seconds and no TO’s. With 3 TO’s the decision may make a bit more sense, but I still think you take that 24-3 lead into halftime happily.

For several years now we've made hay by winning the

Oct 3, 2020, 9:42 PM

"middle 8." We are always aggressive in these situations and it generally works out for us.

Oct 3, 2020, 9:37 PM

Agree. The beauty of the sack is it should have caused UVA to settle for halftime with no TO’s left. We gave that back by giving them a TO.

Replies: 11
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic