Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
That Jason Seahorn is such a doofus.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 6
| visibility 1,916

That Jason Seahorn is such a doofus.

Sep 29, 2015, 2:09 AM

Watching him on Espin College Football Daily, some of his comments aren't even logical.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Are you talking about that rant on who a loss hurts the most

Sep 29, 2015, 3:05 AM

between us and ND?

If so, I made the same comments here a couple days ago. I think the entire thing was scripted but JS had the logical argument. The other guy kept chasing his tail, asking the same question using different words. Each time he rephrased the question JS would rephrase the response until they both looked like idiots. It finally came down to JS saying that ND wouldn't make the playoff with a loss.

There are five power fives and only four spots to fill. One will be left out due to limited spots. The SEC can and will get one spot even with a two loss conference champ. The PAC is viewed to be strong this season and will get one team in even if it has one loss.

OSU is probably going to make the grade even though they may pull and FSU and have close game after close game all year. That's three. If Clemson beats ND and wins the ACCCG they won't put ND in the PO. The only team in our conference that has the talent to beat us is FSU and we are the only team in the ACC with the talent to beat FSU.

If ND loses whether or not we win the ACC, ND will be on the out. If Baylor wins out, and it looks like it's likely, the POC won't leave Baylor out. Unless the ACC has a no loss champ we get left out.

Last year that round of the ACC beating the SEC in rivals week went a long way. We might help ourselves the same this season.

If this wasn't the subject I probably didn't watch that part. I FF through those programs and view them only when we or our opponents are being discussed. If that's the case forgive my contention.

Message was edited by: ClemsonTiger1988®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Are you talking about that rant on who a loss hurts the most

Sep 29, 2015, 3:11 AM

If ACC, PAC, Big 10, and Big XII have undefeated champs and sec champ has even one loss they'll be left out. We only need to win all of our games. Only way we're in and we're def in if we do. We'd go in over big xii due to them not having championship game

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I wouldn't bet on that.

Sep 29, 2015, 3:22 AM

The POC gives much credence to the SOS. That is calculated using their own ranking which begin as a natural progression of the previous poll. That poll is founded on the previous, which is founded on the previous and so on back through the preseason polls.

ESPiN sets this up to favor the SEC by producing the FPI which is 80% subjective and of it's employees' opinions. The winner of the SECCCG will have such a strong 'resume and SOS,' that it's possible a one loss goes over an undefeated Big 12 and maybe even an ACC with no loss.

Something radical must change to level the field between the conference. Don't get me started on the SEC's advantage of perception and the reality it confounds.

https://secexposed.wordpress.com/

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If Oklahoma somehow wins out

Sep 29, 2015, 8:26 AM

I promise you they will be in. The will have beaten both TCU and Baylor(on the road) plus have a road win over an SEC team. Granted not the best one but all SEC teams are the greatest correct? Still a long way to go but If OU is undefeated they are in.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Well, JS kept saying the Clemson-ND loser is out of playoff

Sep 29, 2015, 9:26 AM [ in reply to Are you talking about that rant on who a loss hurts the most ]

contention, but then he says, because we have all these other undefeated teams, and neither will go in over the undefeated conference champs. Duh, but we aren't going to have 5 undefeated conference champs, probably not even two. So you can't say a one loss team in definitely out of the running. At this point, it all depends on what the other conference champs records are at the end of the season. We may well have a couple conference champs with two losses. It is foolish to say, at this point, that a certain team is out. Seahorn even said, if Georgia loses to Bama, they are out. You can bet the farm, if UGA loses to Bama, but then wins the rest, they are in.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

he also said "this is week 4"

Sep 29, 2015, 9:33 AM

and continuously stated that he has to make a whole bunch of assumptions that everybody else will not lose.

I'll defend him a little bit here, whether he deserves it or not --- Sounded to me like he really wasn't comfortable doing any of it because it makes no sense to even try at this point of the season, but his producers were making him do it against his will. So he had to pick one way or the other to fill the waste of time segment.

Bottom line is that it's really dumb to do any of this before about week 9 or so.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 6
| visibility 1,916
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic