Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
So Bomb-maker likes Clemson FB & shown in front of PAW at DV!
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 23
| visibility 1

So Bomb-maker likes Clemson FB & shown in front of PAW at DV!

Oct 26, 2018, 5:57 PM

Geez..but he likes Tiger Woods too so must like winners & TiGERS!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: So Bomb-maker likes Clemson FB & shown in front of PAW at DV!

Oct 26, 2018, 5:57 PM

Soccer
Probably watches Lacrosse too.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Oct 26, 2018, 6:01 PM

News said he played soccer at Brevard then at UNC-charlotte I think it was.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 26, 2018, 6:12 PM

When ######### are making these things, i pull for the bomb... Same thing with bullfighters.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That Busted Coverage Report is Highly Suspect

Oct 26, 2018, 6:40 PM

It's written by an Ohio State fan with an axe to grind. He only has pictures of the bomber standing outside of Clemson Memorial stadium wearing plain clothes. That's only evidence that the guy attended a game not that he was a fan of Clemson football. Could very well be a UNC fan since he had "I Bleed Carolina Blue" written on his van.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm good enough, I'm smart enough, and doggone it, people like me.

Re: That Busted Coverage Report is Highly Suspect

Oct 26, 2018, 7:48 PM

He had a Clemson sticker on his van.

"Stalwart universities—Harvard, Princeton, Yale—most certainly offer status. The Citadel offers character. "

Re: That Busted Coverage Report is Highly Suspect

Oct 27, 2018, 1:01 AM

Pure malicious, slanderous troll post. It was a list of conference rankings in women’s soccer.

Mod’s- Trolling is one thing, but deliberately dragging and tangentially smearing the reputation of our University by misrepresenting facts in a dangerous and disgusting recent event is not appropriate in my view.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 26, 2018, 9:41 PM

he very well could be a Tnetter, my guess is DNT.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 26, 2018, 10:41 PM

Not a sticker on back of the van. Lists Clemson as one of NC schools winning soccer NCs.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 26, 2018, 11:57 PM

Pretty amazing how much stuff has come out about this guy in 18 hours versus how little they still have on the guy that slaughtered Vegas.

No kidding

Oct 27, 2018, 12:03 AM

Oct 27, 2018, 1:19 AM

Why would you create a post like this based on a picture and post from a crack pot news source?

Whatever is ultimately found to have happened here, it truly has nothing in common or to do with Clemson.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 27, 2018, 1:38 AM

Look, at the risk of irritating some,

Part of the unfortunate part of the deterioration in our political dialogue in this country is on display in this recent event.

A good portion of our media is intent on not only reporting this event, but also ‘packaging’ it in order to portray ALL Trump supporters as this type of lunitic, or capable of it. That’s simply not true nor is it indicative of a responsible movement in this country to break the status quo policies that haven’t been positive for the United States.

I appreciate you Bill, but I guess I’m just reflexively defensive when I read over generalization of facts that are often maliciously exploited by today’s MSM. Many in media will never pass up an opportunity to draw a connection then postulate and expand on what it means.

The biggest targets amongst today’s media are those who articulate a life of faith, country, and family. Sound like any coach we know?

Oct 27, 2018, 3:03 AM

Thank you DDRAINES. One lunatic vs thousands on the other side screaming at people that they are not welcome in places and behaving as a mob. I think it is easy to see where the problem in the country lies....

Oct 27, 2018, 4:18 AM

One Lunatic? Lmao

Oct 27, 2018, 7:12 AM [ in reply to Re: So Bomb-maker likes Clemson FB & shown in front of PAW at DV! ]

The whole us vs them mentality IS the problem.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

Oct 27, 2018, 8:11 AM

Cesar Sayoc and Wile E Coyote both work for ACME

Oct 27, 2018, 8:27 AM [ in reply to Re: So Bomb-maker likes Clemson FB & shown in front of PAW at DV! ]

ddraines said:

Look, at the risk of irritating some,

Part of the unfortunate part of the deterioration in our political dialogue in this country is on display in this recent event.

A good portion of our media is intent on not only reporting this event, but also ‘packaging’ it in order to portray ALL Trump supporters as this type of lunitic, or capable of it. That’s simply not true nor is it indicative of a responsible movement in this country to break the status quo policies that haven’t been positive for the United States.

I appreciate you Bill, but I guess I’m just reflexively defensive when I read over generalization of facts that are often maliciously exploited by today’s MSM. Many in media will never pass up an opportunity to draw a connection then postulate and expand on what it means.

The biggest targets amongst today’s media are those who articulate a life of faith, country, and family. Sound like any coach we know?

The dialogue is being corrupted by Fox News. Sorry, it just is. There aren't two medias.

There's the same media there's always been (which is, all of them) - which has successfully been branded by Fox as the "mainstream media" somehow engaging in a widespread and orchestrated conspiracy against the Great Trump...and there's Fox News. Which is owned by a single guy called Rupert Murdoch, a 90-year-old vampire who seriously needs a stake through his heart...well, if he had a heart, of which there is absolutely zero evidence. He's basically the Sith Lord from Star Wars, the one who shot purple lightning from his fingertips. And it's amazing how little most of Fox's own viewership knows about the guy, or his history...or the fact that he's far more Australian - by way of England - than anything else and basically bought American citizenship so he could be allowed to spread his views here.

Murdoch is the propaganda arm of the 1%, folks. If you don't know that you're simply uninformed. He's one of those new breed of guys whose wealth is essentially a nation unto itself, and a man (like many of them are now becoming) of no particular nationality or loyalty who shifts his assets between various tax shelters and tries to have the laws of the world altered to suit his own corporate interests. These guys don't like democracy because they simply do not want the unwashed masses chipping away at their profit margins...or their control and privilege and complete absence of accountability. And they really do seem to be mounting a systemic attack on democracy itself at the moment. They are certainly targeting the media. They don't like meddlesome reporters holding their feet to the fire.

The 1% gained 20% word-wide in 2017, people. They had a really good year. In America the wage gap is now higher than it has been since the Robber Baron era.

It took a long time before Murdoch successfully turned Fox News into a typical News Corp outlet - well, aside from the Wall Street Journal, which has actually somehow remained a credible news source even after being obtained by News Corp because it's fought like crazy to maintain its journalistic standards and Murdoch has (thus far) been wise enough to not kill his golden goose.

Whatever. Murdoch has always had several targets: government (his publications erode public trust in it), science (he hates people who know things), and tolerance for diversity. He's a divider, and sows division amongst the working class, usually by scapegoating migrants. He's done this on three continents now.

I guess you could include fringe sources like Info Wars and Breitbart as "media" since they align with Fox, but if you regard those sources as factual, or anything resembling journalism, you're probably an inch away from sending bombs yourself.

The media is the same as it's always been. It's definitely in panic mode at the moment, because factual media simply cannot exist in the same space as rapacious propaganda platforms, which is exactly what Fox News has become.

At some point there's going to be no avoiding the debate. America is going to have to choose between the "media" and "propaganda machines" because one of them is inevitably going to destroy the other.

I really hope we choose the right way.

Oct 27, 2018, 9:20 AM

All that just to say you don't like Fox? I didn't realize Fox was the only news network scanning the masses. But you keep on believing you're above being duped by your unmentioned "real news" outlets. Yeesh!

Re: .

Oct 27, 2018, 10:03 AM

feraltyger said:

All that just to say you don't like Fox? I didn't realize Fox was the only news network scanning the masses. But you keep on believing you're above being duped by your unmentioned "real news" outlets. Yeesh!

I read everything I can. Fox News. CNN. Wall Street Journal. Vox. Slate. Politico. The Atlantic. Christian Science Monitor. Guardian.

They all have their own ownership groups and inherent biases. You just have to know who owns them, what the politics of those owners are, and what they're trying to achieve. It's not hard information to get.

Start doing that and a very clear picture emerges. There's a lot of very good info out there. It's just being drowned out in no small part by increasingly selectively-targeted spam designed to provide both echo chamber - reinforcing what the subject wants to hear - and deliberate misinformation. We're a mile past the Big Lie first espoused by Hitler and Goebbels; information competition has essentially become informational warfare, almost like competing memes. It's a bit scary.

Fortunately as the world has gotten better at lying, it's also gotten better at determining truth, too, for those who care to sift through the deluge. There are some really good tools for determining bias out there. AllSides.Com is a good one, it's actually a good portal to use to hear what everybody is saying. Another is Mediabiasfactcheck.com, which is sort of like Rottentomatoes.com, just for the media. I'd advise everyone who's genuinely interested in actual truth to make use of stuff like that, and subscribe to organizations like NoLabels.Org that really strive to stay above the noise.

Oct 27, 2018, 9:21 AM [ in reply to Re: So Bomb-maker likes Clemson FB & shown in front of PAW at DV! ]

Oct 27, 2018, 9:48 AM [ in reply to Re: So Bomb-maker likes Clemson FB & shown in front of PAW at DV! ]

an awful lot if ad hominem coming from one who seeks to promote unity under truth.

I do hope I am mistaken, but when we lost a common enemy in the USSR, what remained if our unity seemed to have vaporized. Fox News? I can readily agree they do not play by the same rules as the others, but the diversity of thought should be welcomed no matter who owns the entity.

there are significant factions within our nation which seem to have too little common ground for reconciliation. I suppose I am thankful the differences are not so easily illustrated along geographic lines as such would see us torn even further and likely separated.

as it stands, unless there us some event which sees the course changing, we are in a downward spiral that will be ever less pleasant.

We have terrorized a lot of people over the last 10 years.

Oct 27, 2018, 8:31 AM

Imagine the terror that strikes the hearts of ESPiN talkers knowing that every year they boast of SEC this and SEC that with a regular dose of 'This is the best team Nick Saban ever had.' They console themselves when we don't blow teams away only to wake up one morning and read that Clemson played 72 players on the road and still won by three touchdowns.

They build the SEC to be all that and run through SEC teams like a dose of salts through a widow woman. UGA, LSU, AU half a dozen times, USuCk every year and even knocked off Bama only to have ESPiN come out the week after the game and rank Bama #1 again while looking forward to the next season.

We go to Florida, Georgia, Louisiana and even Alabama, we take the best player in their states and beat them with their own talent. I mean, all the guy did was send a couple neutered bombs in the mail and scare the chit out of a dozen people.

We terrorize the fans, coaches and players in four of the five power conferences. We need to schedule Oregon or USCw and set the PAC straight too.

I checked with the justice department last week about Clemson's terrorist status and Jeff Session, being a Bama boy, told me he had a team of lawyers trying to find a way charge us with terrorism but the law didn't address crimes against sports networks or fans' egos. The last thing he said was 'Congress needs to do something to stop Clemson. What Clemson does should be against the law but I just can't find it.'

Feels good to be the big dog instead of the pork chop.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Looks to me the dumbchit doesn't understand that Clemson...

Oct 27, 2018, 10:57 AM

...is not a NC school.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 23
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic