Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Lest we forget, here is Dabo's 2009 recruiting class.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 6
| visibility 1

Lest we forget, here is Dabo's 2009 recruiting class.

Jan 24, 2013, 4:10 PM

You know, the "Dandy Dozen." I recall there being plenty of skepticism about how it would adversely affect Clemson football to only sign twelve recruits. And we've managed to do pretty well for the most part since.
http://rivals.yahoo.com/footballrecruiting/football/recruiting/commitments/2009/clemson-1

This recruiting cycle isn't even over yet, and I already see more potential immediate impact players than we had in the '09 group. Don't let the recruiting drama and a pair of transfers drive you up the walls, folks. CU football will be just fine. Bank on it. Go Tigers.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"The rock has strange powers. When you rub it, and run down the hill, the adrenaline flows. It’s the most emotional experience I’ve ever had." -Michael Dean Perry

"If you don't like Clemson, something is wrong with YOU." -Dabo Swinney

It affects us when it comes to depth.

Jan 24, 2013, 4:13 PM

We missed out on 15 or so recruits. Guys that would have been juniors and seniors last season. It was like being on probation and losing scholarships.

Not having those 15 guys has likely cost us starters and

Jan 24, 2013, 4:21 PM

depth at all position groups but quarterback. It will hinder us next year as well.

To me, that class and its lack of talent and numbers has been our major problem these last few years. After next year, it will be a problem no more.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That 2009 class that stuck with Clemson through hard times

Jan 24, 2013, 4:50 PM

has been amazing for the program. It may have only been 12 guys (plus Jay never got to play and McNeal never panned out so really it's more like 9-10 guys), but the QUALITY of that class and what they've brought to the table for Clemson has been huge. Some key guys from that class come back too. Tajh, Spencer, Brandon T, Shatley and Quandon.

I'm not saying the depth issue didn't hurt b/c it did, but.

Jan 24, 2013, 4:53 PM

the players we did manage to keep, and who stuck with Clemson have really come up big for us, IMO.

Re: That 2009 class that stuck with Clemson through hard times

Jan 24, 2013, 6:16 PM [ in reply to That 2009 class that stuck with Clemson through hard times ]

What happened to Jay?

Re: That 2009 class that stuck with Clemson through hard times

Jan 24, 2013, 6:26 PM

Back issues

Replies: 6
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic