Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Noles had our second full scrimmage this week.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 15
| visibility 1

Noles had our second full scrimmage this week.

Aug 27, 2020, 6:51 PM

After the scrimmage, and before reviewing the tape, the comment by Mike Norvell was:

"The defense dominated. We put ourselves in two many bad situations. We were in 3rd and long, or even 2nd and long way too many times."

My translation: "Fans, please be patient. Our offensive line still stinks."

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

....and Ole Spud likes to fish............***

Aug 27, 2020, 7:00 PM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Great news.

Aug 27, 2020, 10:57 PM

Thanks.

Sounds like they learned how to tackle again.

Aug 27, 2020, 11:01 PM

Gotta keep working on blocking

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Noles had our second full scrimmage this week.

Aug 28, 2020, 12:04 AM

For FSU, this year should be one of culture change and implementing a new system. Discipline, focus, consistent effort and unity should be evident. I don't have any idea of your talent level and no expectation of wins and losses.

I imagine recruiting must be tougher than ever. Norvell has his work cut out. Not only is Alabama plundering the freezer in Florida as usual, but UF and Miami have gone next level. Clemson, of course, is also a factor.

IMO, there can't be 3 successful programs at one time in the FSU, UF and Miami trio. If Dan Mullen and Manny Diaz continue their recruiting binge, it's gonna be tough for FSU to level up.

Wish you the best (except against Clemson).

y'all sacrificing another QB down there this year, eh?

Aug 28, 2020, 3:10 AM

well good - carry on then. Appreciate you cutting to the chase and saving from hours of study at the hands of Athlon and Street & Smith.

Now I can go back to the everlasting moronic fun that is LeBron in a Bubble.

Re: y'all sacrificing another QB down there this year, eh?

Aug 28, 2020, 8:08 AM

Lol, nice post. tu

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

When new systems are being installed, as with your 'Noles

Aug 28, 2020, 8:03 AM

right now, the defense almost always is ahead of the offense. Although it MIGHT mean your offensive line play still sucks, it might also mean that people have not yet learned their assignments, and improvement could happen rather quickly once they do. Think Pawsitive.:)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 28, 2020, 8:22 AM

Going by star rankings in recruiting, their OL recruiting has been absolutely atrocious for the past four or five years. Lots of 3 star dudes.

Bret is one of the best rival fans that posts here.***

Aug 28, 2020, 9:18 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Best Is The Standard

Probly THE best. Always realistic and respectful.

Aug 28, 2020, 9:51 AM

From what I've seen, anyway.

Aug 28, 2020, 10:30 AM

This is how a message board should operate. Sports insights from opposing teams without a bunch of crap being spewed towards them. I really appreciate the perspective from someone following their own team on that team's performance.

Thanks for the feedback!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yeah, yeah, whatever you say....

Aug 28, 2020, 10:45 AM

coot

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers

^^^Class A Spewer^^^^

Aug 28, 2020, 10:50 AM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-classof1994.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why do dogs always race to the door when the doorbell rings? It's almost never for them.

Thanks to all who replied.

Aug 28, 2020, 11:03 AM

I appreciate y'all allowing me to be a guest here. Many message boards immediately attack anyone from a rival school. I enjoy talking with y'all and appreciate the respect.

I made this post just to let y'all know that, while I am hopeful FSU will be better this year, there is no way we will be competitive with you. (Probably our best hope is that the game is played in a driving rainstorm with 20 mph winds.)

Seems like Venables has a DL that is gonna be similar to two years ago. I suspect that Norvell will figure out a way to minimize damage to the QB (quick passes, misdirection, etc.) He will probably try to figure out how to implement a "finesse offense" and not expect the OL to match up with a bunch of "big on big" plays.

I think the DL is gonna have several plays where one guys slobberknocks our QB, turns to his teammates and says, "Make a wish."

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Years ago - during our Bowden years - we had a D-Line

Aug 28, 2020, 11:21 AM

that was "unstoppable" in preseason practice. Much excitement was had by all. But it turned out that our O-Line was just "not good".

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 15
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic