Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
$2 Bills
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 20
| visibility 3,790

$2 Bills

Jan 17, 2020, 4:38 PM

I'm a busy guy, don't generally spend time reading forums, and never leave messages or get involved in discussions. It's a total waste of time and intellect to get involved in pointless banter with a faceless, nameless computer screen. However, I was so impressed with the Clemson fans and traditions that I thought I would temporarily create an account and leave a comment about some things I learned during this championship event.

First, I found the Clemson fans to be generally great people. I make no excuses for the a-hole LSU crowd that felt the need to start crap when none was needed. Though I don't live in Louisiana anymore, I love some things about the state, others not so much. I am a die-hard, purple and gold blooded LSU guy. Our fanbase has a reputation for rudeness, and I won't run from that. But I myself would never let my fandom drag me to that level of debauchery. It is what it is.

I had to break a large bill to pay for a meal, and the waiter handed a stack of bills for change. In the midst I saw a few $2 bills. I was surprised to see them, since it's such a rare thing these days. I quickly glanced and noticed a little orange tint on them, but thought nothing about it. Later, as I was organizing my cash, I looked closer and noticed the Clemson print. Gotta tell you, made me smile! Then I saw some pictures of fans holding similar bills. Googled it, and learned about the history of the Clemson/GT rivalry and how the $2 bill thing started. I thought to myself, that's about the coolest freaking tradition I've ever heard! Now, whenever a local in N.O. gets one of these bills over the next couple of years, they'll be forced to think about you guys. Brilliant!

Anyway, I'm not a troll, so I'm saying my peace and getting off your site. Just wanted to let you know that Clemson made a very good impression on me this week. You've got another fan here, especially if you end up playing Alabama for the natty next year. I have no doubt that you'll be there many times before we get another shot at it.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Thank You Sir! ??

Jan 17, 2020, 4:40 PM

Welcome back anytime.

Oh..LSU was a great team, as we knew, and they played Lights Out & deserved their win & Natty Trophy!

As DabO graciously said in post game presser..LSU was a “beautiful“ team to watch.

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You are awesome and this post is awesome.

Jan 17, 2020, 4:41 PM

Surely it was worth it to break form and post this because I loved reading it!

Thank you!

badge-donor-15yr.jpg2012_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: You are awesome and this post is awesome.

Jan 17, 2020, 4:48 PM

Thanks Joe. So much hate out there in the football fan base that I thought the good fans should know when they truly make a difference.

Re: $2 Bills

Jan 17, 2020, 4:45 PM

Well, your first paragraph started a little ‘rough’ for me, but you finished strong!

Good post and come back again. Besides, we’ll be playing again in 5 years...

GO Tigers!!!

??

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Whatever choice(s) you make makes you. Choose wisely.

Thanks so much for stopping by....

Jan 17, 2020, 4:52 PM

a really nice post TMac!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dude, that is about the awesomest rival post, ever!

Jan 17, 2020, 4:56 PM

Thanks for the compliment!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Dabo crushed my soul." --- Classof09

You should hang out here and find out

Jan 17, 2020, 5:06 PM

what an intellectually stimulating entity TigerNet truly is.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The definition of awesome!

LSU Fans and the 2$ Bills

Jan 17, 2020, 5:06 PM

Of course there was a minority of well served LSU fans that were a little over the top, but I have seen Clemson Tiger Fans that way.
My issue is the vulgar T-Shirts and Phrases that just don't belong anywhere near this sport or families or even in a public environment.
I had very pleasant experience with many LSU fans that were quite complementary and objective about the game and each teams program.
On the 2$ bills, one of our Uber drivers was very proud of his and having it framed and then another Uber driver and bartender had fun with the orange 2$ Bills.
Congrats to LSU - for sure the better team Monday night.
Lets go get that trophy in Miami - Go Tigers

Thanks for Posting***

Jan 17, 2020, 5:10 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 17, 2020, 5:10 PM

Great post! When it’s time to play us in Clemson, I would love to host you at our tailgate. We have an avid LSU fan originally from NOLA who comes to a game or two at Clemson every year with our tailgate neighbors. Congratulations on a fantastic season. Your boys deserve the trophy.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 17, 2020, 5:23 PM

Thanks, I appreciate the offer. Since we have a future meeting in the works, I may have to check back here from time to time... make an exception to my own rules, haha. I think that will definitely be a must see series, likely our biggest challenge next to Alabama. I would love to visit Clemson's Death Valley, see how the other side of the desert looks!

Jan 18, 2020, 5:47 AM

If you love tradition, then visiting the first original stadium to be named Death Valley, and the history behind the name of Clemson Death Valley. I say come for a visit, you will be welcomed, and treated in an utmost welcoming way at Clemson's Death Valley, Go Tigers in the original Death Valley ( on campus ) FB stadium, where the beauty of Clemson university is breathtaking!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 17, 2020, 5:27 PM

H.O.F. Post right there. ??????

Jan 17, 2020, 5:28 PM

Underrated post. There may be hope for LSU fans yet.

what a break from what we have seen from LSU fans on this

Jan 17, 2020, 5:29 PM

board, thanks.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Well that’s about the nicest opponent post I’ve ever read.

Jan 17, 2020, 5:31 PM

Many thanks for the kind words.

null

Thank you. Personally, I talked to several LSU fans and

Jan 17, 2020, 5:41 PM

all were friendly.

Re: Thank you. Personally, I talked to several LSU fans and

Jan 18, 2020, 5:59 AM

OOPs I TDed by mistake but TUed on his second post.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Awesome post! Congrats on the win, you were better!***

Jan 18, 2020, 6:15 AM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You are welcome to come back and visit TigerNet anytime.

Jan 18, 2020, 8:36 AM

Please try to make a game to Clemson and come to Death Valley South Carolina. We're sure you'll love it. Great post and thank you for the comments.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 20
| visibility 3,790
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic