Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Got the job! Now I feel scared.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 17
| visibility 359

Got the job! Now I feel scared.

Apr 18, 2020, 8:08 PM

Moving 5 hours away. Got to go through uhaul process, storage building, multiple gas stops, etc. Gonna be running a marathon of tasks over the next two weeks to get the house ready to sell, get moved in new temp apartment, and more.

What's life like around Spartanburg/Duncan/Inman right now? Any joungers in that area got any advice?

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Great place.***

Apr 18, 2020, 8:10 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-beeksteak-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Congratulations!

Apr 18, 2020, 8:17 PM

Delivered lunch to the MiL today and Boiling Springs looked like a normal Saturday

Friends in Duncan report pretty much everything But Publix & Ingles is shutdown - if you’re on Facebook join the Spartanburg Eats group to stay up with which restaurants are open and how to order/pick up your food.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-cu85tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.”
Isaac Asimov

Re: Congratulations!

Apr 18, 2020, 8:20 PM

Not on the book in years. Got a link though? Most group pages are public

See if this link works

Apr 18, 2020, 8:23 PM

I’m on my phone

https://www.facebook.com/groups/SpartanburgEats/permalink/581762315768577/

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-cu85tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.”
Isaac Asimov

Re: See if this link works

Apr 18, 2020, 8:31 PM

Yep, got it.

Thanks!

Buy a pack of Marlboro Cowboys.,You’ll be fine.***

Apr 18, 2020, 8:20 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Buy a pack of Marlboro Cowboys.,You’ll be fine.***

Apr 18, 2020, 8:21 PM

Quit smoking almost a year to the day. 367 days to exact.

Congrats.

Apr 18, 2020, 8:39 PM

Seriously. Congrats!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-fatherg-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Thanks, padre

Apr 18, 2020, 8:56 PM

Save a ton of money! Gain a bunch of weight

Stats app screenshot

Apr 18, 2020, 8:58 PM

Amazing that number of not smoked as a pack a day calc

#### Corona trying to steal my life gained lol

Message was edited by: TS_Tiger®

Check out Drayton Mill apts/condos

Apr 18, 2020, 8:32 PM

Is the job in DT Sparty?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Check out Drayton Mill apts/condos

Apr 18, 2020, 8:36 PM

Lyman. Get a corporate apartment for 3 months. Try to find a house by then(assuming my Savannah house sells)

If it’s just you, there are some nice

Apr 18, 2020, 8:39 PM

Newly renovated mill houses in Lyman, small for a family but would be nice for a single guy.

Isaac Asimov

Indeed. I've seen some fairly new, or remodeled for 150k and

Apr 18, 2020, 8:54 PM

Less in some spots. Just me and my dog for now. I've been here in a 4 bedroom that i only used 2 really. 1 as an office.

Had way too much stuff, and threw away thousands worth of stuff I just don't feel like moving. Couldn't get into goodwill, so that sucks. Which I could have at least passed some on.

Also amazing what living 13 years in a spot will do for your acquisitions. Im demanding no more physical gifts. Bringing back a truck full of Christmas junk or whatever every year has to stop. Felt like a hoarder cleaning this place out. Looking for the 1 800 junk truck to pull up lol

When you have room...you keep stuff you don't need

Apr 18, 2020, 9:03 PM

We just down-sized. Holy hail the 'k-rap' we had held onto. When you back yourself into a corner, so to speak, what you think is a memory...it's not. We donated a TON of stuff (closed end of February...talk about timing!). Some stuff's in storage while we sort next move, but nonetheless, 'ridding is liberating'!

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: When you have room...you keep stuff you don't need

Apr 18, 2020, 9:13 PM

BIG TIME!

I had stuff still in good condition. I started thinking of when I got it, and if I couldn't remember, it was gone. Pictures my ex left (remember Thomas Kincaid or whatever) , bunches of older decoration stuff, older stereo equipment, tons of clothes, furniture. Even had wood and trim I hadn't yet used. Just chunked it

All that after I craigslisted over 2 grand of furniture and tools. Just way too much. Excited to clean the slate here

Only if you’re a sound sleeper

Apr 18, 2020, 8:38 PM [ in reply to Check out Drayton Mill apts/condos ]

Friend lived there for 4 months, had to move because they could hear next door neighbor’s TV and upstairs neighbor’s footsteps and toilet, couldn’t sleep, had to get out of there.

Lot of new apartments and houses close to Duncan
Greer is close enough To Duncan and nice too
There are brand new apartments right across the street from Cribbs/RJ Rockers downtown Spartanburg

Isaac Asimov

Replies: 17
| visibility 359
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic