Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
For those who attended the 96 Gator Bowl
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 39
| visibility 1

For those who attended the 96 Gator Bowl

Sep 30, 2013, 4:27 PM

Do you remember their orange puff mascot doing laps around the goal post after each score?

Perhaps it was the score, the weather, or our performance but I wanted to punch that lil bastawd so bad! Don't know what came over me but we still joke about it to this day. I still despise that orange thing to this day. They find it funny but I'm quite serious. I still have unfinished business with that chump. Years of anger management have done no good with this vendetta.

But I'm in a dilemma, as my wife knows of my hatred for that chump. "If you take the field and go after that orange puff, we're getting a divorce."

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Wait, so you would get to punch their mascot AND

Sep 30, 2013, 4:31 PM

you get a divorce? That's a no-brainer...

Win/Win

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Re: Wait, so you would get to punch their mascot AND

Sep 30, 2013, 4:35 PM

Me & GWP will distract your wife while you charge the field. She won't even know!

Good plan, I'm all in

Sep 30, 2013, 4:35 PM

wait, shouldn't we get pics first?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Re: Good plan, I'm all in

Sep 30, 2013, 4:40 PM

Exactly. Dressed as a 'Cuse cheerleader that way his rage is even more intensified & would actually go through w/ it.

is that on your business card?***

Sep 30, 2013, 4:36 PM [ in reply to Wait, so you would get to punch their mascot AND ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yes***

Sep 30, 2013, 4:39 PM

i like it.***

Sep 30, 2013, 4:40 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'll have to get you current with the best noodie bars. I

Sep 30, 2013, 5:12 PM [ in reply to Wait, so you would get to punch their mascot AND ]

don't mind at all.

So you'll have plenty of time to hunt and fish this fall?***

Sep 30, 2013, 4:34 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

This post is awesome. Thanks.***

Sep 30, 2013, 4:37 PM

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

A few things I remember about that game

Sep 30, 2013, 4:38 PM

1 - The lousy weather

2 - Donovan McNabb and Marvin Harrison combining for over 300 passing yards and 3 TD's.

3 - The lousy weather

4 - Malcolm Thomas running for two additional Syracuse TD's.

5 - The lousy weather

6 - Mouthy and obnoxious Syracuse fans

7 - The lousy weather.

8 - How inept and unprepared Clemson's offense and defense looked.

9 - Did I mention the lousy weather

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Deal. Just distract her. Not hard to do

Sep 30, 2013, 4:41 PM

Just talk about Coach Purses or Lifetime network. Or do your best Lou Holtz impersonation and she'll pee her pants laughing.

And if she catches me so be it. I'm sure she's not the only one who makes a mean pot roast, lasagna, or peach cobbler. (Or carp samiches)

But I would miss the "twins."

Yup Coach purses shoes or Brighton jewelry work like a charm***

Sep 30, 2013, 4:45 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Pics of the twins are needed. TIA***

Sep 30, 2013, 4:45 PM [ in reply to Deal. Just distract her. Not hard to do ]

Brother there are even those of us who are married that miss

Sep 30, 2013, 4:47 PM [ in reply to Deal. Just distract her. Not hard to do ]

the "twins" ::sigh::

That would be a lot funnier if I didn't feel your pain

Sep 30, 2013, 4:49 PM

;)

Ain't that the truth BigCU, a tear ran down my cheek as I

Sep 30, 2013, 4:57 PM

was typing.. So many good times....

And even better with pix!***

Sep 30, 2013, 6:21 PM [ in reply to That would be a lot funnier if I didn't feel your pain ]

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: For those who attended the 96 Gator Bowl

Sep 30, 2013, 4:41 PM

You can always find a new wife but you can't always clear your mind of a vendetta!!!

hope she's not trolling on here today

Sep 30, 2013, 4:45 PM

She does from time to time. Enjoys the jokes and frequently tells me I'm not funny but they are.

Maybe she will post some pics of "the twins"

Sep 30, 2013, 4:52 PM

;)

LOL! Classic! Thanks ClemsonMike***

Sep 30, 2013, 4:50 PM

Peel & Section or Slice & Juice?*******

Sep 30, 2013, 4:50 PM

Well after everything that was said

Sep 30, 2013, 4:56 PM

on this thread you might be ending up with a divorce anyways, so go ahead and punch the hell outta that puff ball

Whatever you do, always give 100%.....unless it's donating blood

Its a done deal

Sep 30, 2013, 4:57 PM

I'm penning my apology letter now. My whole family will be watching as I quickly become disinherited. Will they ban me from home games? Can't handle that. But I hate the orange puff. When I'm at the gym, I picture his face and that smug smile. It's personal. He waved at me after looping around the goal post and that did it! (My brother claims he was waving in no general direction) Not the way I remember it! It's on! I'd prefer a cage match but the Syracuse SID hung up. I wasn't joking.

when I go after the orange puff...

Sep 30, 2013, 5:43 PM

Will I get flagged for targeting a defenseless mascot? And is it only a disorderly conduct charge? I can live with that...

After all these years of animosity, it seems light.

Sep 30, 2013, 6:08 PM

Yes I remember. Worst bowl trip ever. I also remember seeing several Clemson players out at Jacksonville Beach having a big time the night before the game. Guess that explains things a little. 11 family members made that trip and sat through that debacle in the rain.

my aunt scolded me for giving the finger

Sep 30, 2013, 6:10 PM

To their mascot.

Sep 30, 2013, 6:56 PM

U may not need to go onto the field. Otto does go into the stands during the game...U may get lucky and run into him...Also, we used to be the orangemen but for NY that was not PC..and before that we were the Saltine Warriors...now were the orange?

Thanks man, didn't know that. his name is Otto.

Sep 30, 2013, 7:04 PM

Well Otto is gonna have a rough Saturday! Me and Otto have some unfinished business. He is the reason I don't allow cheese curls or cheese balls in our house. A few years ago our kido carved a pumpkin with a smiley face. It resembled him to much. So I quickly demonized it when they were at school.

Yes, I have issues. No, therapy did not work. But after Saturday's game it will be a done deal. I'd put the spread at TigerBry +49.5.

Well it might be his son...***

Sep 30, 2013, 7:10 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I remember this game.

Sep 30, 2013, 7:14 PM

I was there with 4 others. This was the most depressing game I've ever seen. 0-45 if I remember correctly. Please let this never happen again to Clemson.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Otto started it, not me***

Sep 30, 2013, 7:18 PM

You need to track down the person that was the puff at the

Sep 30, 2013, 7:56 PM

Gator Bowl not the current replacement.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

those responsible wear the glove

Sep 30, 2013, 8:21 PM

If the costume fits, I won't acquit

deer Otto,

Oct 4, 2013, 7:53 AM

I hear your dome is hot by northern standards. Hydrate yourself cause I don't wanna hear that excuse. No cramping Nancy boy.

Its so on! I heard your goons were waiting on me at the airport. All part of my diabolical plan! See I booked a flight but didn't go that route, as I knew you'd expect it. So I hiked the Appalachian Trail, swam a few rivers, and took a hot air balloon to cross the Adirondack Mts.

I'm right in your backyard! Clock is ticking.....

How's the lake today?***

Oct 4, 2013, 8:23 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Please keep this going....im dying of laugher haha

Oct 4, 2013, 9:03 AM [ in reply to deer Otto, ]

GO TIGERS

it's no laughing matter

Oct 4, 2013, 9:07 AM

This is war. I'm coming in well below the radar. I snorkeled up the Allegheny River just to avoid detection.

Replies: 39
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic