Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Top 25 TV Announcers Of All Time Listed.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 10
| visibility 1,444

Top 25 TV Announcers Of All Time Listed.

Jan 16, 2019, 8:21 PM

Agree with this list?

I don't. For my money Brent MusBerger is the best ever. I also like Brad Nessler! Todd Blackledge is about right; but I would have him somewhere around #7. He gives teams props no matter conference affiliation and is pretty unbiased. I like Herbstreit too; now! I use to hate his clear ( I love the Big 10) especially the Buckeyes ways! But, he is alright!

What do you say agree?
https://bleacherreport.com/articles/1760428-the-25-greatest-college-football-announcers-of-all-time#slide23

p.s. i'm sure this has been posted. But, I didn't see it and figured some others have not seen it either. Apologies to whom it may bother!

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

JMO, of course, but

Jan 16, 2019, 8:50 PM

Keith Jackson and Lindsey Nelson are tied for Number One....the rankings are for everyone else.

Read the author's assessment of Nelson's career and rankng. When I read that he'd initially overlooked Nelson, it made the entire article irrelevant for me

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

^^This^^

Jan 16, 2019, 8:52 PM

Those are the first two that came to mind when I saw this thread's topic.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Top 25 TV Announcers Of All Time Listed.

Jan 16, 2019, 8:59 PM

Agree with Keith Jackson. Hes the GOAT as far as college football announcers go IMO. Would have loved to hear his call of Orange Crush!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 16, 2019, 9:10 PM

I said in the 60s and 70s, Keith Jackson jad the best job in the world. Every fall Saturday in the d ad ys before ESPN snd cable TV, he went to see one of and generally the best college football game in the country!

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 16, 2019, 9:04 PM

Keith Jackson and Ron Franklin followed by Musberger and Nelson then Verne, Nessler and McDonough, Bill Fleming and Jim McKay. Ara and Broyles for color along with Blackledge and Mike Gottfried. I guess Jim Lampley maybe. And where is Mike Tirico?

What ESPN idiot puts Fowler, Rece Davis, Tessitore, Jesse Palmer and Herbstreit in there???? Herbie might make #25 but that’s it. Might as well put Beth Mowins in the basket with these ESPN rejects.

i can't remember his name but i liked the guy on raycom

Jan 16, 2019, 9:24 PM

the had lines like "the boy's just badd!"

Jan 16, 2019, 9:27 PM

The Roman dudes that had to shout out the play by play in the coliseum without a PA system. Paved the way

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Thanks for the responses!

Jan 16, 2019, 9:37 PM

I use to like Keith Jackson too! 2nd on my list. But, BM had that way of making something as simple as, "they cut the grass this morning in nooooo-muuuun - Oak-laaa--hoooomaa and boy are the sooners ready to play now"! And your sitting there confused like, "what does the grass being cut have to do with them being fired up, but Brent made it sound so insightful and important that you believed him!

No right or wrong answers! I guess I don't remember the guy opposite Keith Jackson as well! I do remember KJ very well though.

Thanks!

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jesse Palmer at #23???

Jan 16, 2019, 9:39 PM

BTW where's Beth Mowins?

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No Pam Ward ???

Jan 16, 2019, 10:18 PM

Thank God!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 10
| visibility 1,444
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic