Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Thanks for the help, B-Meist!
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 21
| visibility 1

Thanks for the help, B-Meist!

Sep 24, 2019, 2:35 PM

Loving my new icon!

Go Tigers!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I lost my high school ring about three weeks after I got it,

Sep 24, 2019, 3:41 PM

and that, plus the price, scared me away from purchasing my Clemson ring. I have regretted that decision often over the years.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It's never too late...this is my second one

Sep 24, 2019, 3:43 PM

My original is at the bottom of a pond at a camp in the NC mountains!

You can still order it for your year - DO IT - my Clemson class ring

Sep 24, 2019, 3:47 PM [ in reply to I lost my high school ring about three weeks after I got it, ]

is my 2nd most treasured material possession . . . .

My 1st ?

My Dad's Clemson Class of '51 ring. I wear it every day.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Brad Brownell: Only Larry freaking Shyatt has a WORSE overall winning percentage among Clemson basketball coaches since 1975. Let that sink in. It's Larry Shyatt & then Brad Brownell.

Re: You can still order it for your year - DO IT - my Clemson class ring

Sep 24, 2019, 3:52 PM

I could, but the financial investment is prohibitive at this point. Not to be morbid, but based on family history, I would be fortunate to get to wear it for 15 years at most at this point. :(

Hope you're wrong about the 15 years

Sep 24, 2019, 3:54 PM

But once you are no longer able to wear it, maybe one of your family members will treasure it like Rocky treasures his dad's ring

If you were my class year and I knew exactly which camp I was at 28 years ago, you could dive for mine!

Message was edited by: dsgriff®

Exactly !***

Sep 24, 2019, 3:57 PM

Brad Brownell: Only Larry freaking Shyatt has a WORSE overall winning percentage among Clemson basketball coaches since 1975. Let that sink in. It's Larry Shyatt & then Brad Brownell.

I guess it could be a hair loom. I forgot to mention,

Sep 24, 2019, 4:00 PM [ in reply to Hope you're wrong about the 15 years ]

due to me constantly cracking my knuckles, my ring finger size is >18. That would require much precious metal! :)

Re: I guess it could be a hair loom. I forgot to mention,

Sep 24, 2019, 5:52 PM

@76er, you can get one cast in stainless steel for just a couple hundred bucks. Mine’s stainless for professional reasons - wear it every day and it’s holding up great. Will still be an heirloom item no matter what it’s made of...

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

GO TIGERS

Re: Hope you're wrong about the 15 years

Sep 24, 2019, 5:20 PM [ in reply to Hope you're wrong about the 15 years ]

Figure it out and I will go help! Before winter!

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Tell you what 76'er - I SO believe in the power of our ring,

Sep 24, 2019, 4:00 PM [ in reply to Re: You can still order it for your year - DO IT - my Clemson class ring ]

I'll pitch in $100 to help you get yours.

And I bet others here would join in.

Having regrets is no good - especially one that is so easily fixed - and for something that has so much meaning for so many generations.

Take us up on it - would be a great thing to be a part of ! Right ? ! ?

I'm in...my parents bought #1 and my wife bought #2

Sep 24, 2019, 4:04 PM

I will need to buy a "20" ring for my son, but I could chip in 100 toward yours.

Guys, I would never take your money for this, but you

Sep 24, 2019, 4:17 PM

have got me thinking about the ring. Hasn't the design changed over the years? If so, are the "year specific" designs still available for new purchase, and where would I find out the definitive answer to those questions?

My Dad's originally had a convex black center - but he never

Mar 24, 2020, 10:47 AM

took it off and over the years as a WORKING man, he demolished that dome.

So us kids sent it in & it was replaced with the "flat" version of the center black area.

Other than that - it is identical to what it looked like when I was a very little kid & thought it was the greatest thing I had ever seen.

You can get incredibly authentic versions. Yours would be a 1976 version ?

LINK: https://www.balfour.com/shop/clemson-university-men-s-traditional-ring-a0006927?smi=130495

I guess it's purely coincidence, but

Sep 24, 2020, 10:49 AM

Just like my Clemson ring, my high school didn't use a stone, either. I always thought that was so cool! The Clemson ring is certainly bigger, though! It's in the safe deposit box...I simply don't wear jewelry, other than my wedding band.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

My Dad's

Sep 24, 2019, 6:24 PM

class of '46 ring was stolen last year. We thought about getting a replacement, but he thought at age 94 it wouldn't be worth it to him for the time he's got left, even though he's still in fairly good health. Mainly, it just wouldn't be the same. Sux, though. Whoever stole it should roast in H3ll for ripping off an old man who went to war for us back when it really counted.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: My Dad's originally had a convex black center - but he never

Sep 24, 2019, 6:55 PM [ in reply to My Dad's originally had a convex black center - but he never ]

I sure don’t remember my ring costing this much! These are expensive!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: My Dad's originally had a convex black center - but he never

Sep 24, 2019, 7:26 PM

Yep, cheapest gold (yellow color, silver wouldn;t look "right" to me) is over $1100 dolyaros. That's why I have not gotten one after all this time.

I did some research - contact the Alumni Association at

Sep 24, 2019, 9:04 PM [ in reply to Guys, I would never take your money for this, but you ]

864-656-2345 and they can get you the info about how “authentic” it would be if you ordered now vs. if you got it when you graduated.

Their email is info@alumni.clemson.edu

I’d be curious to hear what you find out.

My offer still stands. Seriously.

Re: You can still order it for your year - DO IT - my Clemson class ring

Sep 24, 2019, 7:26 PM [ in reply to You can still order it for your year - DO IT - my Clemson class ring ]

I have my dad’s 51 ring too.

Did he finally ban...

Sep 24, 2019, 5:53 PM

cutigerbob® ?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

No problem, looks great!***

Sep 24, 2019, 9:13 PM

Replies: 21
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic