Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Serious question about positive COVID-19 tests & the season
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 8
| visibility 1,255

Serious question about positive COVID-19 tests & the season

Jul 2, 2020, 2:39 PM

Do we know how many of the positive tests were symptomatic vs those that weren't? For both Clemson only and for the NCAA Power-5 football as a whole? Interesting how that's rarely reported, but anyway....

From everything I know and have read/heard - and I've done a lot of reading and listening - the young are the most likely to not be symptomatic or to have any significant issues with the virus. If that's the situation, then the concern isn't so much keeping the athletes from contracting the virus, but keeping them from spreading the virus outside of the campus environment. So given that, if they test positive but only a tiny fraction are symptomatic, and that to a minor (not requiring hospitalization or serious medical care) degree, who cares, as long as it doesn't spread outside of the campus?

I'm not saying we just let the virus run wild so we can have football, but am looking at the stats that show that younger people are more resistant, less likely to be symptomatic, and healthier in general.

I do foresee the Gathering at the Paw not being done this year, as a result, but just looking at the demographic facts that we do know, this makes sense to me. But what do I know - I don't have any fancy titles and haven't been elected to anything.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

who cares, as long as it doesn't spread outside of campus

Jul 2, 2020, 2:50 PM

well, students are not the only ones on campus

it would suck if someone like Robbie Caldwell got it

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-willmo.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cat on a tin roof, dogs in a pile,
Nothin' left to do but smile, smile, smile!!!!

Re: who cares, as long as it doesn't spread outside of campus

Jul 2, 2020, 2:57 PM

True, but all of the coaches and other staff are obviously aware that they're around all those athletes and they can take precautions, such as the masks. If I'm 60+ and especially have a pre-existing condition, you can be sure I'll be wearing a mask every chance I get to protect me. This is my my opinion, but I don't expect others to look out for my well-being. That's my job, and I'm sure these coaches all feel the same way. Additionally, they can get tested weekly or even more frequently, due to the resources they have that you and I don't have, and can get better and more immediate treatment.

Re: Serious question about positive COVID-19 tests & the season

Jul 2, 2020, 2:54 PM

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2020/07/now-even-common-cold-counted-positive-covid-19-result-cdc-says/

Re: Serious question about positive COVID-19 tests & the season

Jul 2, 2020, 3:01 PM

Obviously the at risk require the most protection. Are we to do all this for the flu?65000-90000 deaths acceptable just cause it’s the flu and more people catch it?

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

63 symptomatic 17 asymptomatic***

Jul 2, 2020, 8:53 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-franc1968.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: 63 symptomatic 17 asymptomatic***

Jul 2, 2020, 3:33 PM

Link?

Yes, there is***

Jul 2, 2020, 3:51 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Thanks for the customer support***

Jul 2, 2020, 4:43 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-franc1968.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 8
| visibility 1,255
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic