Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TNET: As 2021 class expands, few spots remain on the defense: Who leads to fill those spots?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 7
| visibility 1,898

TNET: As 2021 class expands, few spots remain on the defense: Who leads to fill those spots?

May 27, 2020, 8:01 AM

As 2021 class expands, few spots remain on the defense: Who leads to fill those spots?

If you want a seat in Clemson’s 2021 recruiting class, you might want to make a decision sooner rather than later. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: TNET: As 2021 class expands, few spots remain on the defense: Who leads to fill those spots?

May 27, 2020, 8:50 AM

I seriously doubt Clemson wouldn’t use an overcommit spot for foreman or Turner when we are going to be lower in that position since one graduates, XT will go pro, & one already left to be an actor.

Name one player in the last 5 years that was an oversign

May 27, 2020, 11:45 AM

just one. Dabo might be a lot of things, but liar isn't one of them.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: TNET: As 2021 class expands, few spots remain on the defense: Who leads to fill those spots?

May 27, 2020, 8:59 AM

Love these recruiting articles....said everyone!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Thanks for the article

May 27, 2020, 9:12 AM

It was a good read. Can't wait for football to get here. Go Tigers!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

GO TIGERS!!!

2021 scholarship situation

May 27, 2020, 10:30 AM

David says in the article that 18-20 are expected in this class. I like to see how we are arriving at that number though.

According to Tigernet's scholarship chart we have 13 guys graduating, and, i believe, 2 temporary scholarships that were given to Will Brown and the Edwards twins (half each).

Under normal circumstances i would really expect Lawrence, Ross, Carman, and Thomas all to leave early after this season. I think it's just easier for this exercise to ignore the COVID stuff and assume we will have a normal season. I think in order of most to least likely to leave i would go Lawrence > Thomas > Carman > Ross. Lawrence is very likely the #1 pick in the draft. Thomas plays a premium position and is likely a 1st rounder based on talent and athleticism alone even if he doesn't have a big bounce-back year. I'm not going to pretend like i know anything about projecting OL, but Carman also plays a really premium position and has been talked about as a potentially high-upside guy for next years draft that could end up as high as OT2 (behind Sewell). He could probably leave and get drafted in the 1st or 2nd round. Ross would likely be a 1st rounder if healthy, but I'd rate him as the least likely to leave right now because we just don't know if he's healthy and how much that could tank his draft stock.

There's often also a breakout guy or just a surprise declaration from someone that was expected to come back. Would anyone be surprised if Kendrick was a lock-down corner this year and left? Would you really be surprised if Lyn-J decided to go pro and avoid the crowded backfield behind him? He may also want to come back and try to win the starting job for a year to get some more film out there for scouts, but you never really know with RBs.

We will have some transfers to... we always do. It seems they often announce their intentions too late to free up a scholarship for the current cycle though, especially now that most players are signing in the early window. Those scholarships have mostly gone to walk-ons recently and not new signees.

Based on recent history i would think the upper end of that range (20) is pretty realistic.

Re: 2021 scholarship situation

May 27, 2020, 10:54 AM

You may be right but Dabo does not project quite as much as you did in your analysis. He does account for some attrition but holds a couple of ships for a late blooming player or walkon. This is why when some leaves everyone projects another ship available but that is not the case until the projected attrition is reached AND only then if Dabo sees a big need AND he deems the recruit is worthy. He will not fill a spot just because it is open.

I bet Dabo projects even more than i do and with much better

May 27, 2020, 11:54 AM

knowledge than i have. His success actually depends on that stuff. I'm sure the staff has numerous plans already in place for "what if this happens?" situations.

Replies: 7
| visibility 1,898
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic