Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
IPTAY football ticket renewal application
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 8
| visibility 2,548

IPTAY football ticket renewal application

Apr 12, 2019, 6:20 PM

I increased my IPTAY level giving this year in an attempt to improve my seating and parking. I spent MANY hours this year gathering information to aid in filling out my IPTAY football ticket renewal application. I spent a good bit of time coming up with an efficient, clear statement for the seating comment section putting my best foot forward to improve my seating. I have heard bad stories from people who simply stated that they wanted to be "closer to the field." One person stated that it resulted in him getting very low row seats in the West end zone, which was indeed "closer to the field."

Since I am now at a higher IPTAY donation level, I had to research the new lots available to me, and make an educated guess as to which were reasonable choices. During this process, a statement appeared in the Lot 5 (Rogers Lot) information that stated "Lot was full at the IPTAY level with 225 points in 2018. Estimated to be 280 points and higher in 2019." Since I don't have anywhere near 225 points, my educated guess was that making Lot 5 (Rogers Lot) my 1st priority would be a wasted pick. After reading about plans to scuttle the AOC parking under the North upper deck, and adding parking to Lot 5 (Rogers Lot), I am glad that I stayed away from that hornets nest!

Then, I spent a lot of time looking at the lot map and satellite views of Lot 6 (Cox Lot). The satellite views helped me discover things that didn't show up on the lot map...green electrical utility boxes, 4 shortened parking spaces due to a planter box around a tree, grading, etc. I made Lot 6 (Cox Lot) my 1st priority, but called out specific spaces and ranges of spaces.

Then, I checked out Shotgun Alley. Although it was Howard minimum level last season, it is IPTAY minimum this year. I looked at google/mapquest street view images, and satellite images. The google/mapquest street view images did not show the new construction of the West entrance of Shotgun Alley nor the new construction at the top of the stairs leading up from Lot 10 to Shotgun Alley. As far as I can tell, it eliminated about 3 spaces at the top of the stairs. Even though the lot map showed the gap, it did not indicate the space numbers before and after the gap. Unfortunately, the ticket office didn't know either.

If I remember right, Gentry Hall lot changed to minimum Howard level last year, and minimum IPTAY level this year. The bottom line is that it is important not to underestimate the amount to work required to make an informed decision.

So, this all culminated in me completing my renewal form yesterday. The comment box for the seating section is TINY. I cut and pasted from a Word document into the TINY comment box. I then scrolled to see if the whole comment was accepted. There must be an unadvertised word/character count because 6 or 8 words got truncated. So, I went back into Word and shortened the comment and repasted. Success.

After that, I noticed that the form indicated 2 parking passes even though I am only eligible for 1. Based on conversation with the ticket office, the form defaults to showing 2 even though you may be only eligible for 1 due to not buying a certain threshold of total tickets. Then, I selected my 3 parking preferences, noting that there is only 1 comment box for all 3. Further conversation with the ticket office indicated that comments for all 3 selections should all be put in the one comment box, which is also, in my opinion, not big enough.

Then, I saw a button that read "Release Tickets." I thought to myself, am I supposed to select this if I am asking for a ticket upgrade? So, another phone question for the ticket office. I forgot the explanation, but it was obvious that the "Release Tickets" button was far from self explanatory. Also, I asked if the comments would appear in the e-mail conformation. They said yes. As it turns out, the comments were very truncated in the e-mail conformation.

My conclusions: 1) Do your homework before filling out your ticket renewal form, especially if you are changing giving levels and/or asking for seating/parking upgrades, 2) Don't assume that the lot maps show all "features" of the lot, 3) Don't assume that things that were true last year are true this year, 3) Use Word to write your comments, and then cut and paste into the tiny/small comments boxes noting word/character limits. 4) the on-line renewal form needs to be made a lot more explanatory/user friendly...bigger comment boxes, and one comment box per parking choice. 5) Since the comments will not be available on-line next year, and do not show in their entirety in the e-mail confirmation, keep a copy in a Word document to use next year.

Message was edited by: AeroTiger®

Message was edited by: AeroTiger®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No matter who you vote for, BUY AMERICAN...it's a vote for American jobs.

Re: IPTAY football ticket renewal application

Apr 12, 2019, 6:44 PM

Good advice but I haven’t found IPTAY to be very helpful honestly. I’ve asked for simple changes and get totally ignored. I’ve been in Lot 5 for several years now. Certainly hope I can stay there. I think the demand is overwhelming right now and there are plenty of people to take my tickets if I don’t want them.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Good luck! nm***

Apr 12, 2019, 6:47 PM

No matter who you vote for, BUY AMERICAN...it's a vote for American jobs.

Yes they have become very arrogant .

Apr 12, 2019, 7:17 PM [ in reply to Re: IPTAY football ticket renewal application ]

They know if they lose one person or family, there are now plenty of bandwagon fans waiting in line. So they really don’t care.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Thanks for sharing & good luck!

Apr 12, 2019, 7:08 PM

Personally, I prefer face to face "confrontation". Computers don't like the "vibe" coming from my fingers, so things usually go bad (black/blue screens, the endless clock, etc.). But, I'm now living in Switzerland, so I have to spend a couple of bucks talking by phone. Either way, Go Tigers!

Go Tigers AND Tiger Nation(al CHAMPIONS!)!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Si vis pacem, para bellum (if you want peace, prepare for war)
USMC 1980-83
-Camp Lejeune
-Beirut, Lebanon
SC National Guard 1983-2018

Apr 12, 2019, 8:05 PM

I've pretty much given up hope on changing my seats through IPTAY. I've heard too many stories of folks increasing their donation levels only to get the same/or like quality seats. From what I gather, a very small percentage of the premium seats (Lower deck between the 30's) become available every year and unless you are a Heisman donor with some serious points you can forget getting into those seats. The seat equity plan doesn't seem to free up very many premium seats as most folks in those sections meet their equity obligations.

Parking is a little different - I've played the donation increase/decrease game and have improved my parking situation by increasing my IPTAY donation. I'm retired now and on a fixed budget so increasing my IPTAY donation is not in the cards so I'll just have to settle for whatever my current level dishes out.

In truth, I've looked at taking the same amount of money I donate to IPTAY combined with my current 4 season ticket costs to see what I could get through a ticket broker. Since I usually don't make the noon September games (just too darn hot for the wife) I'm currently paying for about 2 or more "scrub" games a year that I just don't attend due to the heat. For the games that I would attend (ACC/big boy opponents), I could almost get better seats (but only 2 seats instead of 4) and parking through the ticket brokers for the same amount of money as my IPTAY donation + Season Ticket costs. In a nutshell - the trade-off is fewer seats and fewer games but better seats and better parking for the games I would attend.

The biggest reason I don't go the ticket broker route is that I still want to support the University and student athletes instead of the greedy ticket "pimps". However, if IPTAY continues their upward pricing trend without some kind of comparable increase in donor benefit for us "small" guys - then I may reconsider this whole proposition...

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I have been pondering the donation/season versus game by

Apr 13, 2019, 11:36 AM

game as well. So far things have worked out good with my parking, and my seats are not an issue. Can give much less and keep the seats. Will be interesting to see how the parking goes this year. Have been a member since mid 80's but that does not matter to iptay. All about total dollars. I lived the Hatfield/West/Bowden times, but that does not matter. Give them enough money and you can get valet parking at the players entrance. They certainly don't seem interested in rewarding loyalty.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I have been pondering the donation/season versus game by

Apr 13, 2019, 12:45 PM

Loyalty is a nonexistent factor to the Iptay folks. Missed 9 home games since ‘73. Bit the bullet and joined Iptay in ‘82 after the first natty. Fast forward to ‘16. We are told in order to keep our seats, we have to go from Champion donor to upper Tiger donor level. That was $800 per/yr to $2150 per/yr. So last year, I figured we were too close to the Howard donor level ($2,400/yr). Gave them an extra $250 to achieve that. Got better parking and some priority points last year. This year my parking choices are back to where they were before all this started. BTW, we parked in lot 1 for 23 years and had a lot 4 to boot. For those of you that survived the West years, you know if you didn’t use or get rid of your tickets before you got to Clemson, you were most likely going to eat them. And miss the better part of the 1st half if you dared to stay out there long enough sell them for $5/ticket (if you got lucky). The core fans, minus the big money one’s, feel the growth crunch consequences more than most folks. I guess because we all know where we’ve come from. As a family, we will do this as long as we can. At this rate, though, the end will come sooner than later. Anyway, rant over. Go Tigers!!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 13, 2019, 11:56 AM

Appreciate the detailed information. By increasing our donation we have managed to keep our parking plus added a second spot we didn’t realize we would get. That helps, but at a not too distant point, we will have to let it go. That will be a sad day, but hopefully others can enjoy the experience we have been blessed to have for so long with our Clemson family.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 8
| visibility 2,548
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic