Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
The truth about Carolina fb....
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 59
| visibility 1

The truth about Carolina fb....

Jul 18, 2013, 11:57 PM

This season will be the dirtpeckers 121st season of playing CFB. They've managed to finish in the Top 25 a whopping 8 times; just 7 in the coaches poll. We're all quite aware that conference titles aren't common at Scar as they have just one title in program history. It took them just over 100 years to win their first bowl game. Overall most bowl games haven't even been close and the cluckers have been outscored by 125 points; 302 to 427.They have an overall winning percentage of just over 50% at 566–544–44 (.510).

''But, but, but we play in the SEC.''
To say they play in that conference is true. It would be better to say that they've struggled in that conference. Their overall record vs SEC foes is 90-153-5. Since joining the SEC they have managed to make it to the conference title game just once, in 2010. Auburn then trounced the lamecocks 56-17. The cluckers have an overall series lead with only 2 $eC schools; Vanderbilt and Kentucky.

George Rogers is the only player from UsUc to make the CFB Hall of Fame. In 1982, Rogers admitted having used cocaine during his record-setting rookie season with the Saints in 1981. He was also implicated in a drug ring in 1982 and unsuccessfully went to rehab; as he was arrested again in 1990 for cocaine and marijuana. Coaches Steve Spurrier and Lou Holtz are also in the HOF but it is widely accepted that this came from their work at previous schools.

Rivalries? Not quite. Lets put these ''rivalries'' under the microscope for a minute even though most coots feel they've only played CFB for the last four years.

Clemson holds a 65-41-4 edge
Georgia has dominated and holds a 46-17-2 overall lead
Florida holds a 23-6-3 lead in the series
Against Furman, they hold a 26-20-1 lead. Wow.

Recent Problems? (Just a couple of notes here but its actually a LONG list in its entirety)

In 2005, USC was placed on 3-year probation by the NCAA for actions during the coaching tenure of Lou Holtz, all of which were self-reported by the school. Five of these actions were considered major violations, and included such activities as impermissible tutoring and non-voluntary summer workouts as well as a "lack of institutional control". Coach Holtz pointed out following the close of the investigation, "There was no money involved.'' So we're left to assume that because no money was involved these sanctions aren't a big deal and everybody does it?

Scar was also investigated in 2011-12 by the NCAA after it came to light that student-athletes (including some football players) had received an estimated $59,000 in impermissible benefits, mainly the result of discounted living expenses at a local hotel. The school imposed its own punishment, paying $18,500 in fines and cutting three football scholarships in each of the 2013 and 2014 seasons. The school also reduced its official visits for the 2012-13 year, from 56 to 30.

Ole Stevie doesn't mind his players running afoul with law as long as he is winning. He'd rather put somebody on double secret probation that actually suspend someone. Think of how much he allowed Stephen Garcia to get away with before he had enough. It should be noted that it is also widely accepted that his termination with the program came from scrutiny from school administration. Heres a brief timeline of events which led to his expulsion:
*February 07- Public Intoxication
*March 07- Vandalism charge, keying a faculty owned car
*March 08- Underage drinking(was he 21 in 07?)
*March 08- Pulled a fire alarm
*December 10- Caught drinking the eve of the Peach Bowl
*Spring 11- Suspended for team violations
*April 11- Suspended indefinitely for a disturbance at an SEC-mandated meeting
*October 11- Suspended, this time they meant it, for failing a drug-alcohol screening.

I could go on and on..........
(and let their pathetic banter response begin)

Go Tiger!!!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: The truth about Carolina fb....

Jul 19, 2013, 12:15 AM

> *March 08- Underage drinking(was he 21 in 07?)
> *March 08- Pulled a fire alarm
These were combined

> *December 10- Caught drinking the eve of the Peach
> Bowl
> *Spring 11- Suspended for team violations
He was suspended in the spring for the drinking before the Peach bowl

LOL...if Spurrier or any of his players....

Jul 19, 2013, 8:39 AM

committed terrorist acts resulting in death of thousands of innocent men, women, and children, I am convinced you Dirt Peckers would try to defend, rationalize, or somehow justify it.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

But...34-17, 29-7, 34-13, 27-17, and counting...

Jul 19, 2013, 12:16 AM

:)

Weak

Jul 19, 2013, 12:24 AM

Quite the lame response sir.

4 years a winner

Jul 19, 2013, 12:31 AM

All his life as an orphan..

2005_ncaa_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I've been wrong two times, but this isn't one of them.

Ah! Been watching for only 4yrs aye?

Jul 19, 2013, 12:28 AM [ in reply to But...34-17, 29-7, 34-13, 27-17, and counting... ]

Its such a compliment that your schools life work is a 4 game winning streak. It shows how much respect you coots have for us and our domination. I guess you have to hang your hat on something, right? I mean all those titles.. oh wait. As I said in the above, ''most coots feel they've only player CFB for only 4 yrs.''

Gosh you proved my point. Bravo for making my point. Bravo.

Thanks. Titles hard to come by in big boy football.***

Jul 19, 2013, 12:39 AM

And how long have you been apart of "big boy" football?

Jul 19, 2013, 12:42 AM

You've essentially never EVER won a single championship, regardless of conference. And don't claim that 69 ACC title...afterall, that was only little boy football wasn't it lol...what a joke.

Exactly, he made my point......

Jul 19, 2013, 1:00 AM

The only two $EC schools they hold an edge on are Vandy and UK. WOW! Gosh, congrats. But he is just like the rest of em. Only been watchin CFB for 4 years. Its quite an honor to have their legacy be beating us recently. That shows us how much respect they have for us without saying it! But oh wait, we don't play in big boy football?

But their claim to fame is beating a ''non big boy team?'' So does LSU not play big boy football? Cause they beat ya and we beat them. Does Auburn not play big boy football? Cause we ended their streak 2 years ago and they beat you. And we followed it up by beating em last year. Does he realize we went 2-1 against big boy football last year?

''But, but, but we play in the SEC.''
To say they play in that conference is true. It would be better to say that they've struggled in that conference. Their overall record vs SEC foes is 90-153-5. Since joining the SEC they have managed to make it to the conference title game just once, in 2010. Auburn then trounced the lamecocks 56-17. The cluckers have an overall series lead with only 2 $eC schools; Vanderbilt and Kentucky.

Rivalries? Not quite. Lets put these ''rivalries'' under the microscope for a minute even though most coots feel they've only played CFB for the last four years.

Clemson holds a 65-41-4 edge
Georgia has dominated and holds a 46-17-2 overall lead
Florida holds a 23-6-3 lead in the series
Against Furman, they hold a 26-20-1 lead. Wow.

Go Tigers!!!

How many SEC schools does CU hold advantage over? USC and...

Jul 19, 2013, 1:07 AM

just curious

Only claim to fame is playing in the $eC, last 4yrs.

Jul 19, 2013, 1:42 AM

Gosh you sound desperate. Your teams legacy is the past 4 years and playing in that conference; which by the way has BLOWN you outta the water!

You keep hanging on to the fact that your in that conference. UK and Vandy do the same thing; since of course both schools have never done much. You realize you sound just like them, right? Mizzu is also starting the same rant, ''But, but, but we play in the $ec.'' Bama, Florida, and LSU win titles; NOT YOU!

You haven't even come close. Outa all those years you couldn't win one? Nope. Not even close to winning a conf title. You've only won your division once and its likely to never occur again. We've got 18 conference titles and proudly state that. Oh, and we have a National Championship; something you'll never sniff!

Look I get it that your myopic and you hang on to that SEC thing. Outa 120+ years, you've been relevant only recently. And thats gonna change as UT is building. ThUGA is back to where they belong. Florida is getting there as well. Darth Visor is towards the end of his career. And then its all downhill from there.... Back to the stoneage. Back to irrelevance. And hopefully by then you'll quit trolling our board with your ridiculous banter. But I'm sure you'll still hang on to Bama curtain. Attempting to be relevant through another teams success. Your like the 40 yr old that lives vicariously through his kids success. Its what your doing by complimenting us for the past 4 yrs.

We are your lifes work. Theres nothing else to speak of. And there never will be!

I thought we were talking titles here...but I guess there is

Jul 19, 2013, 8:37 AM [ in reply to How many SEC schools does CU hold advantage over? USC and... ]

no winning that argument for you. May as well try and attack us from a different angle...am I right? lol

Still no answer to this one? Wonder why...***

Jul 19, 2013, 8:49 AM [ in reply to How many SEC schools does CU hold advantage over? USC and... ]

Interesting bullet points for you:

Jul 19, 2013, 9:12 AM

Since you joined the SEC in 1992, you have a 0.464 winning percentage against the ACC. In the same span Clemson has a 0.582 winning percentage.

Your winning percentage against the ACC is lower than Clemson's winning percentage against both the ACC and the SEC.

Since you joined the SEC in 1992, you have a 0.428 winning percentage against Clemson.. and obviously that includes the historical anomaly 4 game streak.

These facts seem to be a little more relevant to an Us versus You debate than any of the nonsense you're trying to lean on. Fact is, your 4 game streak and 3 years of semi-success in your conference (in some of the worst years the SEC East has seen) does very, very little in the grand scheme of things.

I'll answer that...

Jul 19, 2013, 9:15 AM [ in reply to How many SEC schools does CU hold advantage over? USC and... ]

usuc and Missouri, however, we've played the majority of SEC teams less that 10 times and most of those less than 5.

how about you guys vs. the ACC

Clemson- obviously not
FSU- 3-16
UNC - 17-34
maryland - 11-17
GT - 9-12
Miami - 5-8-2
duke - 17-24-3
pitt. - 1-3

NCst - yes 27-26
WF- yes 34-20-2
uva - yes 21-12-1
vt -yes 11-7-2

BC - never played
'cuse - never played

our records against the ACC teams you have an advantage over

NCst. - 52-28-1
WF - 60-17-1
uva - 37-8-1
vt - 20-12-1

We have a higher winning % in more games against all 4 of those teams.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Clemson has been historically better than Carolina. That's pretty obvious." - Classof09

"No one knew we were overhyped until the season started." - Classof09

Also,

Jul 19, 2013, 9:21 AM

Clemson vs ACC - 261-141-6 64.7%
Clemson vs SEC - 43-94-5 32%

usuc vs ACC - 118-111-6 51.5%
usuc vs SEC - 90-153-5 37.3%

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Clemson has been historically better than Carolina. That's pretty obvious." - Classof09

Neither CU or USC have room to brag re: big boy football

Jul 19, 2013, 10:51 AM

Those stats didn't do much for your argument

It proves that historically(which is where you wanted to go)

Jul 19, 2013, 10:56 AM

we have fared better in the ACC and comparably in the SEC.

The whole argument was based on big boy football...

Jul 19, 2013, 10:59 AM

of which the letters ACC bring very little to the table

haha. winning the ACC and playing 2-3 SEC foes a year

Jul 19, 2013, 12:20 PM

vs consistently underachieving in the weak division of the conference and hardly ever playing the real BIG BOYS

keep cheering for your conference because thats the only way you'll see a championship....

Also, % wise we've faired darn near as well in your

Jul 19, 2013, 12:25 PM [ in reply to The whole argument was based on big boy football... ]

"big boy football" including beating a team you havent beaten since '94 and before that '30

and of course no response. I love it

Jul 19, 2013, 10:38 AM [ in reply to I'll answer that... ]

lets bring history into it. Oh crap we've sucked forever(facepalm)

hey d!ck lover that keeps TD'ing me....how about saying

Jul 19, 2013, 12:21 PM

something....

Re: How many SEC schools does CU hold advantage over? USC and...

Jul 19, 2013, 3:31 PM [ in reply to How many SEC schools does CU hold advantage over? USC and... ]

Wonder what the record is on the coots vs. ACC teams

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: How many SEC schools does CU hold advantage over? USC and...

Jul 19, 2013, 3:34 PM

HP, they have losing records against most ACC teams. Such is the greatness of UsUC football....

The ACC is a big boy conference

Jul 20, 2013, 6:46 PM [ in reply to And how long have you been apart of "big boy" football? ]

in basketball. How many basketball titles have Clemson won in 60 years. We did win one of those too. It won't take us that long to win one in our big boy football conference.

Look, another jab at something completely unrelated to the

Jul 20, 2013, 7:41 PM

topic. What next? Gonna start banging the drum of back to back baseball titles?

News flash, none of that pertains to football. Fact remains, you have no titles...why is that? Let me go ahead and answer that for you...big boy football right? Tough to win your conference right? All I hear is excuses. You guys have been given opportunity after opportunity to atleast play for the SEC title only to more than likely be annihilated by Bama, but you still come up short. You will continue to be the doormat of the SEC for all the "big boys" to wipe their feet on until you quite pulling a Carolina. And by that, I mean beating your foe UGA only to allow them to back pedal right into the SEC championship. Face it, you lose games you shouldn't. That IS NOT big boy football...

How many ACC schools do you have a winning record....

Jul 20, 2013, 7:27 AM [ in reply to Thanks. Titles hard to come by in big boy football.*** ]

against fella????

mean NOTHING when you lack integrity, what a buffoon****

Jul 19, 2013, 6:46 AM [ in reply to But...34-17, 29-7, 34-13, 27-17, and counting... ]

Stuck at 99. T up?

Jul 19, 2013, 12:31 AM

Yeah I'm almost at the century mark and would appreciate some help folks.

May I get a T up to make it an even 100 or so?

Appreciate it and Go Tigers!!!

Jul 19, 2013, 1:09 AM

Love it...the 90s...thos were the days huh?

look again. alot more too life than the last 4 years.

Jul 19, 2013, 3:27 AM

whats the record in the 2k's ?

You mean 1890's?***

Jul 19, 2013, 9:13 AM [ in reply to Re: The truth about Carolina fb.... ]

TU - Well done***

Jul 19, 2013, 9:18 AM

Jul 19, 2013, 9:26 AM

http://www.tigernet.com/forums/message.jspa?messageID=14083954

Jul 19, 2013, 9:37 AM

Does all of this make anyone on here feel better about them now having a superior football program? Your research will only be relevant when the Tigers again wield the club over them, like it's supposed to be!! Otherwise, this is known as 'sour grapes'!!

Gonna' make wine after STOMPING those grapes. Get ready.***

Jul 19, 2013, 12:25 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 19, 2013, 5:02 PM [ in reply to Re: The truth about Carolina fb.... ]

Gosh, how did I know you'd show up and have nothing good to say.... you are as predictable as clockwork.

Jul 19, 2013, 8:41 PM

And you, sir, are fairly predictable also. You keep alluding to the Tiger (and gamecock) past, with your chest puffed out about the historical differences in the respective programs. Is that your only salve for the inconvenient truth of where the two programs stand eye-to-eye today? I reference the Clemson past as much as you do, but my objective is to explain WHY the two programs are now relatively equal, and how Clemson was ALWAYS more physical, tougher, and in-the-trenches intimidating than other teams of the Ford era. Dabo's Tigers are kinder, gentler, and yes, owned presently by the ##### for the past four years! Ya think there might be a correlation? Hmmmm?

and what SC school has a losing record against KY and Vandy?***

Jul 19, 2013, 10:44 AM

Jul 19, 2013, 10:50 AM

I hate the 4 in a row comments but in reality what are Clemson fans admitting to, the past matters more than the present?

That sounds like a losers point of view. Until it changes again on the field the past records, past national champ, conference titles, etc mean nothing.

Once the winning on the field happens, then the win can be discussed as well as the overall record. until then it looks quite silly and childish.

Another way of looking at it, coot's cling to 4 in a row b/c

Jul 20, 2013, 1:26 AM

they have done absolutely nothing else to hang their hat on. While triumphantly bragging about their win streak and performance on the field against Clemson, they then say how pathetic of a conference we play in and how Clemson can't play "big boy football."

So what are coots saying? Sounds like they're bragging about beating a team they believe is nothing to brag about in the first place lol. Leave it to the cooties....

Re: Another way of looking at it, coot's cling to 4 in a row b/c

Jul 20, 2013, 1:38 AM

Well, I suppose it's better than not beating a team in 4 years that you claim is nothing to brag about beating in the first place.

You do see the irony in your post as relevant to this thread, right?

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The Historic Horseshoe

Are you assuming you know my opinion on USuC football?

Jul 20, 2013, 1:21 PM

A little presumptuous aren't we?

The truth about Clemson Fb...

Jul 19, 2013, 11:17 AM

You Clemson folks keep saying this is the best run that South Carolina Football has had in its history, And no one can really argue against that. Well, statistically, the same can be said about Clemson Football. You guys are witnessing highly ranked recruiting classes, highest paid assistant coaches in college football, record breaking offensive seasons, and individual performances by numerous players and yet you cant get it done against your "inferior" rival.

Did you have to work hard to become an idiot

Jul 19, 2013, 11:34 AM

or did it just come naturally????

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Obsess much? Geez.....**...

Jul 19, 2013, 11:50 AM

nm

Jul 19, 2013, 5:17 PM

So I post actual statistics (irrefutable facts) and they get mad and hand me a thumbs down. No surprise there. My question is what exactly did they expect to see while trolling on a board on TIGERNET? Do they think that I'd go to their board just to argue with everything they post about us? Not a chance.

But I suppose it was to be expected. Reading many of the comments above I see that they can only hang their hat on that conference and the past 4 years. And as far as how many SEC teams we hold an overall lead on... well those numbers would be inflated significantly if we were in the conference. We simply don't play many of those teams. The ones we usually do play are quality bowl teams in the Peach Bowl; ala LSwho, UT etc. To answer the question at hand though, we own a huge lead on the team we play consistantly. And most of those games have been played in their backyard in Columbia. (state fair games, Big Thursday- well most of you all know that)

Go Tigers!!!

correlate deez nutz...Coot!***

Jul 19, 2013, 9:11 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Re: correlate deez nutz...Coot!***

Jul 20, 2013, 7:13 AM

Thanks, Tigerdung, I knew I could count on your predictable intelligence for a stimulating and succinct retort, as long as Swamp People, Duck Dynasty, or WWF 'rasslin wasn't on the tube, huh?

Carolina ?

Jul 19, 2013, 9:13 PM

is u confused ?

Nobody made them leave the ACC***

Jul 19, 2013, 9:16 PM

NO FARMERS NO FOOD

Hey, you left out coot record against

Jul 20, 2013, 1:04 AM

the mighty Dook boll weevils. Look it up.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sure, I can add the overall series vs Duke.

Jul 20, 2013, 1:25 AM

Ok, ok, since he asked the record is .....

South Carolina is (17-24-3) against Duke Average score: South Carolina 13.7 - Duke 19.1

North Carolina is (34-17-4) against South Carolina Average score: North Carolina 16.2 - South Carolina 10.4

NC State is 24-25-4 against South Carolina.

We just need to beat them!!!!!!!***

Jul 20, 2013, 7:25 AM

Jul 20, 2013, 1:16 PM

You boys are pitiful! All the stats of the past 100 years, all the crummy coaches and administrations of the past, all the fame and glory of the storied Clemson football program, the monumental 81 championship season, etc., etc., will not put 1 point nor take away 1 point on the scoreboard this November. All you have is exactly what we have- the opportunity to win or lose. There is a big difference right now as to where these 2 programs stand, the current Gamecock players are Clemson destroyers (as well as most other opponents). How many of the current Clemson players are Gamecock destroyers? You know the answer...not one! Of course Tahj has to remain virtually silent when Clowney said he saw fear in his eyes, what's he suppose to say, he doesn't have the stats, performance, wins or anything to back him up, nor does his coach or any of the players. The fans keep chirping on...we got this, back to normal, can't wait till Nov, we'll hang 50 on em, we got history!!!! Give me a break, all that crap means nothing and certainly has no bearing on the outcome of the next game. All you have at this point is hope, our current guys have consistently beaten your current guys and there is a reason- better program, tougher players, better coaches and a great attitude. We could not always say that but we can say it now, and personally, I don't know anything but now!

How old are you?

Jul 20, 2013, 2:02 PM

Are you 4?

if you think your program is any bigger,badder or better

Jul 21, 2013, 5:18 AM [ in reply to Re: The truth about Carolina fb.... ]

than the clemson program you are seriously mistaken. if you look at the records of any real rivalries in cfb, you will see streaks like this on both sides, y'alls are just more infrequent than most.
we were the better team last year, according to vegas, the coaches poll and the ap poll, and y'all upset us. i could see y'all being slight favorites in the game this yr. due in large part because it's in the cesspool called columbia, but i look for us to go down there and bring the hardee's trophy back to clemson.
this rivalry will be getting back to the way it has always been, so you shouldn't ignore history, because you know what they say about that,right.

Re: if you think your program is any bigger,badder or better

Jul 21, 2013, 10:51 AM

You say I am mistaken to believe the Gamecocks are not the bigger badder team. Base on what? Give me something here. All I have is your extremely bias opinion and hope while I base mine on performance on the field with current players, those that don't know losing to Clemson. Do you really think God's gift to football is Clemson? Do you feel you have some innate right to football elitism? You guys are basing a whole season on a 4th and 16 play that that was a heck of a lot of luck. That play doesn't happen 9 out of 10 times (I have no real basis for saying this other than it looked like a fluke desperation toss up). As for the records for streaks, I wouldn't suggest using that premise as your betting strategy. Vegas odds are not indicators of "better", the better team walked off the field in victory. Tell me about the size and quickness of your o-line, tell me the about the proven fearlessness of your d-backs, the unmatched brilliance of the coaching staff, you've seen Carolina's in action, until Clemson's is proven on the field you have no leg to stand on and your post is unreasonable.

Replies: 59
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic