Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Our staff praise of Belk (Long)
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 13
| visibility 2,338

Our staff praise of Belk (Long)

May 17, 2018, 4:41 PM

One of the many strengths of CDS and this staff is they work the media like a maestro when it comes to filtering info about our players. This is done for motivational purposes many times(a starter may be slacking, so the backup gets rave reviews from the staff which the media reports. Result: Fire lit under starter) On the flip side if a kids ego is fragile or his situation is tenuous, I have noticed our coaches tend to put out praise for that particular player. I honestly think that was the case with Belk. No doubt he was drawing rave reviews from our staff, but looking back Dabo was probably trying to get Belk to realize this was the best place for him by being overly effusive with the praise. Not saying that Belk couldn't have been good, but looking back I am starting to doubt that he was already the manchild that the coaches were making him out to be. I think Dabo tried to salvage the situation much like he did with Nkemdiche situation. Once it became too much of a cesspool we backed out and diplomatically said we were letting the kid explore options. Thank goodness we did that with Nkemdiche, and I have a feeling in a couple of years we will say that with the Belk situation. Look at the numbers on players that transfer out of here. They usually underperform and vanish into obscurity (Kyrin Priester, Kitt, Chalmers, Pagano, Dye, Fruhmorgen..etc. and the list goes on. As a sidebar, it clearly sends the signal that USUC has thrown down the gauntlet, and is willing to overtly cheat, cut corners, move heaven and earth to try to catch up with us. They are a desperate and pitiful lot, and hopefully the NCAA will still have enough bite left to put them on probation in a couple of years. This clearly sends the signal that they are willing to take the risk of being the next OLE MISS to rise from the ranks of mediocrity.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Holy Wall o' text Belkman

May 17, 2018, 4:43 PM

do you talk like that too?

I'm sure you made some good points in there but I couldn't fish them out.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

^^^^Beat me to it***

May 17, 2018, 4:44 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

This'll help

May 17, 2018, 4:49 PM [ in reply to Holy Wall o' text Belkman ]

One of the many strengths of CDS and this staff is they work the media like a maestro when it comes to filtering info about our players.

This is done for motivational purposes many times(a starter may be slacking, so the backup gets rave reviews from the staff which the media reports.

Result: Fire lit under starter) On the flip side if a kids ego is fragile or his situation is tenuous, I have noticed our coaches tend to put out praise for that particular player.

I honestly think that was the case with Belk. No doubt he was drawing rave reviews from our staff, but looking back Dabo was probably trying to get Belk to realize this was the best place for him by being overly effusive with the praise.

Not saying that Belk couldn't have been good, but looking back I am starting to doubt that he was already the manchild that the coaches were making him out to be.

I think Dabo tried to salvage the situation much like he did with Nkemdiche situation. Once it became too much of a cesspool we backed out and diplomatically said we were letting the kid explore options.

Thank goodness we did that with Nkemdiche, and I have a feeling in a couple of years we will say that with the Belk situation.

Look at the numbers on players that transfer out of here. They usually underperform and vanish into obscurity (Kyrin Priester, Kitt, Chalmers, Pagano, Dye, Fruhmorgen..etc. and the list goes on.

As a sidebar, it clearly sends the signal that USUC has thrown down the gauntlet, and is willing to overtly cheat, cut corners, move heaven and earth to try to catch up with us.

They are a desperate and pitiful lot, and hopefully the NCAA will still have enough bite left to put them on probation in a couple of years.

This clearly sends the signal that they are willing to take the risk of being the next OLE MISS to rise from the ranks of mediocrity.

Thanks TMT. Good writing=good editing***

May 17, 2018, 4:50 PM

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Holy wall of text!

May 17, 2018, 4:43 PM

Do you even paragraph, bro?

;)

The NCAA just cited them for recruiting violations in Dec

May 17, 2018, 4:46 PM

They sure better hope they haven't done anything in the Belk situation. They've already been on them and the NCAA has to try and look tough with the FBI knee deep in basketball right now.

lol ... NCAA is a toothless panhandler that wears Air Jordan

May 17, 2018, 5:27 PM

jerseys

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Would have been better if you didn't use punctuation marks.***

May 17, 2018, 4:57 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

HTH

May 17, 2018, 5:06 PM

One of the many strengths of CDS and this staff is they work the media like a maestro when it comes to filtering info about our players this is done for motivational purposes many times a starter may be slacking so the backup gets rave reviews from the staff which the media reports Result Fire lit under starter On the flip side if a kids ego is fragile or his situation is tenuous I have noticed our coaches tend to put out praise for that particular player I honestly think that was the case with Belk No doubt he was drawing rave reviews from our staff but looking back Dabo was probably trying to get Belk to realize this was the best place for him by being overly effusive with the praise Not saying that Belk couldn't have been good, but looking back I am starting to doubt that he was already the manchild that the coaches were making him out to be I think Dabo tried to salvage the situation much like he did with Nkemdiche situation Once it became too much of a cesspool we backed out and diplomatically said we were letting the kid explore options Thank goodness we did that with Nkemdiche and I have a feeling in a couple of years we will say that with the Belk situation Look at the numbers on players that transfer out of here They usually underperform and vanish into obscurity Kyrin Priester Kitt Chalmers Pagano Dye Fruhmorgen etc and the list goes on As a sidebar it clearly sends the signal that USUC has thrown down the gauntlet and is willing to overtly cheat cut corners move heaven and earth to try to catch up with us They are a desperate and pitiful lot and hopefully the NCAA will still have enough bite left to put them on probation in a couple of years This clearly sends the signal that they are willing to take the risk of being the next OLE MISS to rise from the ranks of mediocrity

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm good enough, I'm smart enough, and doggone it, people like me.

Re: Our staff praise of Belk (Long)

May 17, 2018, 5:09 PM

So you’re saying Belk will be a drug addict falling out of windows in 3 years? Maybe the kid’s mom is sick and he wants to be closer to her. This doesn’t have to be the great conspiracy many of you think it is.

our staff was not the only one praising him

May 17, 2018, 5:25 PM

as a concensus Top 100 player, Belk has the skills to be a great college player and definitely has a future as a pro if he desires and works to be a pro. he was praised at the Army all american game and he whipped Jackson Carmen more than once in one on one drills at Clemson during the spring. there's no need to downplay what he might have contributed to our program because he was truly expected to be one to take the torch when Christian and Big Dex move on next year. We took his commitment early because we wanted him, not because he was only going to be middling or a bench warmer... we don't take bench warmers anymore...

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: our staff was not the only one praising him

May 17, 2018, 5:30 PM

That is what they have decided to do. It began when they hired their very shady basketball coach. The entire SEC cheats like no other school, excluding Vandy. Most corrupt conference on the planet.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Our staff praise of Belk (Long)

May 17, 2018, 5:30 PM

I don't know who to point on this thread

Replies: 13
| visibility 2,338
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic