Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
FB Update: ESPN Bowl Projection for Clemson
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 22
| visibility 1

FB Update: ESPN Bowl Projection for Clemson

Sep 22, 2014, 9:49 AM

ESPN Bowl Projection for Clemson

Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Does the Orange Bowl have to take a division champ?

Sep 22, 2014, 9:51 AM

If not, this guy has no idea how the "big business" of NCAA football works.

Re: Does the Orange Bowl have to take a division champ?

Sep 22, 2014, 9:56 AM

Yep, if the conference champ makes the playoff and it's not scheduled to be played in the OB.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 22, 2014, 10:04 AM

So where did you get that? The committee will make that selection. It's unlikely that they would ignore the strength of each team and the fan draw. Clemson likely beats Duke on both those counts unless they make the balls round and play the games inside.

Sep 22, 2014, 10:45 AM [ in reply to Re: Does the Orange Bowl have to take a division champ? ]

Didn't last year

I'm pretty sure the playoff selection committee is also in

Sep 22, 2014, 9:58 AM [ in reply to Does the Orange Bowl have to take a division champ? ]

charge of creating the matchups for the New Year's bowls. They'll select the ACC team based on their rankings if the ACC champ makes the playoff.

I don't think so....

Sep 22, 2014, 9:59 AM [ in reply to Does the Orange Bowl have to take a division champ? ]

if FSU is in playoff, CU likely to Orange (if we're 10-2)

"I've been working since I was 15 continually until now. I worked 40 hours a week at 15, when it wasn't even legal for 15 year olds to work that many hours."

Hoping we win out and get a shot at ND in the Orange.

Sep 22, 2014, 9:51 AM

GO TIGERS!

So you're hoping FSU loses two conference games?

Sep 22, 2014, 9:57 AM

Not me. I'm not wasting hope. Maybe if they lose one I'll change my mind.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Problem is, who's going to beat FSU? The rest of the ACC

Sep 22, 2014, 10:22 AM

is complete garbage. They'll steamroll through the rest of the conference.

Tell 'em capon

Sep 22, 2014, 10:30 AM

smh

Have you watched Duke?

Sep 22, 2014, 10:27 AM [ in reply to Hoping we win out and get a shot at ND in the Orange. ]

They are much better than Duke teams of the past BUT the stadium is 80% empty for the games! No bowl will like that fact!

Re: FB Update: ESPN Bowl Projection for Clemson

Sep 22, 2014, 9:54 AM

I really hate, yes, hate, these Clemson Bowl Prediction stories and post. We are now going to "fall" into the Russell Athletic Bowl? Again, I see what kind of awful bowl tie-ins the ACC has. This is stupid and I would again, like I said with the Pinstripe Bowl, thanks but no thanks we'll stay at home with our families and prepare for next year.

That attitude will fix the playoff system.

Sep 22, 2014, 10:00 AM

If we refuse to attend the lower ranked bowls when we miss the playoffs it won't be long (maybe a couple of years) until the playoff will expand to 8 or maybe 16 teams.

That's what I want. Head to head matchup week after week for the NC trophy. No more human polls and personal opinions involved in the process.

Sep 22, 2014, 10:09 AM [ in reply to Re: FB Update: ESPN Bowl Projection for Clemson ]

You're leaving out some important aspects of the bowl game. First, it's another couple weeks of practice, at least a few days of which is focused on looking at the redshirt freshmen so the coaches can see how they've developed over the course of the season and how they might work into their spring plans.

Second, it's a nice trip for the players. They get a nice stipend and a number of gifts. Third, there's another football game to watch even if you don't make the trip in person. The season is short enough that I'm not looking to drop a game.

Personally, I don't think that getting a "true national champion" is worth giving up a Clemson football game no matter who it's against. The playoffs will expand on their own.

Sep 22, 2014, 10:28 AM

I was just looking at the ACC bowl tie-ins. And one of the bowls is the Detroit Lions bowl. Honestly, who in their right mind would want to go to that filthy place. Really there are really serious safety concerns here, I know I wouldn't want a family member to participate or attend such a place. Then there's the military bowl, beef o'bradys bowl, bit coin bowl...and the list goes on and on it's really sad. I know, we should be grateful for any invite but wow, how things have changed.

Sep 22, 2014, 11:42 AM [ in reply to Re: FB Update: ESPN Bowl Projection for Clemson ]

You are very right especially the extra practice time that is equal to a spring practice. And also ....$$$$$$$

It takes a big man to admit he's wrong, well kina

Sep 22, 2014, 11:46 AM [ in reply to Re: FB Update: ESPN Bowl Projection for Clemson ]

Wrong. A lot of these bowls are ones we are use to but have been renamed. So, I stand corrected but some of these other bowls, it's sad but. I guess it's good for a team that has worked hard to go to any bowl.

Sep 22, 2014, 10:06 AM

The sponsorship was actually paid for in bitcoin. The group that paid for it, was Bitpay.

http://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/2eb0ju/for_the_sponsorship_of_bitcoin_bowl_bitpay_paid/

http://www.reddit.com/r/CFB/comments/28h1uu/were_bitpay_sponsor_for_the_ncaa_bitcoin_st_petes/

If you want more information about what bitcoin is:
https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Main_Page

I thought ND gets the ACC tie in under certain circumstances

Sep 22, 2014, 10:22 AM

So why would there be an ACC team playing ND?

The OB has to take a team from the ACC. ND cannot fill that

Sep 22, 2014, 10:59 AM

spot.

ND can however be invited to play in the OB vs an ACC team.

Thanks. Is that the only bowl ND can't bump an ACC team?

Sep 22, 2014, 11:50 AM

I seem to remember some circumstances where they can replace an ACC team if they are within a certain records.

If ND does not make one of the "new BCS" bowls, then they

Sep 22, 2014, 12:26 PM

are at that point treated as a full football playing member of the ACC.

In other words,
They go to a bowl game, but all revenue they earn at the lower bowl (Russell Athletic, Sun, Belk, etc) is taken by the ACC and split 15 ways with the other members of the ACC.

Replies: 22
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic