Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I've been doing some prep work on the Clemson/Loserville
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 8
| visibility 1,279

I've been doing some prep work on the Clemson/Loserville

Jan 27, 2021, 2:10 PM

game tonight, and it is clear to me for many reasons why Clemson will win by 30...

1) Common Opponents. This is a very good predictor of who will win and by how many points they will win by. Consider these games:
-Miami beat Louisville by 6 points, whereas Clemson beat Miami by 1. This gives Clemson a 7 point edge over Louisville.
-FSU beat Louisville by 13 points, whereas Clemson beat FSU by 10. This gives Clemson a 23 point edge over Louisville.
-A 7 point edge plus a 23 point edge = 30 point Clemson victory.

2) Coaching. Look, I'm not here to bash on Chris Mack, I think he's a tremendous basketball coach. But he's not in the same league as Brad Brownell (figuratively speaking of course, literally speaking they are both in the same league, the ACC). Brad Brownell is #1 all time in wins at Clemson. Conversely, Chris Mack is only tied for 7th all-time in wins at Louisville. 7th is not very impressive, so the coaching edge is clearly in Clemson's favor.

3) OOC performance. Here's the big one folks. Everyone knows the ACC is the best basketball conference every single year, and it's not even close. This year is no different. But you have to look out of conference when completing in-depth analyses like this. The B1G and SEC are terrible sports conferences anyway, but particularly in basketball they suck giant ballz. Clemson beat their SEC opponents by a combined 20 points. We also beat our B1G opponent by 11. Lousiville on the other hand only beat their SEC opponent by 3 points, and...GET THIS...lost to their B1G opponent by 37 points!!! The math works out like this:
Clemson advantage over Louisville vs B1G = +48 points
Clemson advantage over Louisville vs SEC = +17 points
Total advantage for Clemson over Louisville = 65 points
When you convert OOC points to ACC points, that really comes out to a ~30 point advantage for Clemson, which supports the math in point #1 above.

4) The LJC. That's right, the John will be rockin. Louisville isn't used to playing in large, hostile environments like the renovated LJC. Fan support will definitely provide an edge and push Clemson to a lopsided victory.

So yes my fellow tigernetters (including the real and true Clemson fans, the real Clemson fans, and the just plain Clemson fans), I assure you this game will not be close. It is not opinion, it is fact as proven above. Chris Mack and his little flock of Cardinals will limp on back home to Lexington after this beatdown where all their lugubrious fans will wallow with pity to be comforted by their sister/cousin wives.

Clemson by a million (or 30)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Re: I've been doing some prep work on the Clemson/Loserville

Jan 27, 2021, 2:15 PM

I thoroughly enjoy reading your posts. Well done.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That makes one of us.***

Jan 27, 2021, 2:18 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

Re: I've been doing some prep work on the Clemson/Loserville

Jan 27, 2021, 4:54 PM [ in reply to Re: I've been doing some prep work on the Clemson/Loserville ]

Hahahah. Deep down you love it.

Is there an abridged version?...

Jan 27, 2021, 2:17 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

Here...

Jan 27, 2021, 2:21 PM

Clemson wins by 30 tonight.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Thank you.***

Jan 27, 2021, 2:21 PM

You're welcome***

Jan 27, 2021, 2:22 PM

Thank you for mentioning me at the end there...

Jan 27, 2021, 4:52 PM

I think you're a real and true Clemson fan too. Go Tigers

Replies: 8
| visibility 1,279
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic