Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Front Page Story: DeAndre Hopkins to Turn Professional
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 40
| visibility 1

Front Page Story: DeAndre Hopkins to Turn Professional

Jan 10, 2013, 6:01 PM

DeAndre Hopkins to Turn Professional

Clemson All-America receiver DeAndre "Nuk" Hopkins, who caught at least one touchdown pass against all 12 FBS opponents the Tigers played in 2012, has decided to forego his senior year. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Front Page Story: DeAndre Hopkins to Turn Professional

Jan 10, 2013, 6:08 PM

Only one thing to add..... NNNUUUUUUKKKK! We love ya man!

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

2013 BST SHOT FOR TITLE. LAST CHANCE BEFORE REBUILDING YR***

Jan 10, 2013, 7:17 PM

Im taking Nuk in my Fantasy Football league next year...***

Jan 10, 2013, 11:19 PM [ in reply to Re: Front Page Story: DeAndre Hopkins to Turn Professional ]

North and James

Jan 10, 2013, 6:09 PM

Does it help us with either of them considering less depth at the position?

Thoughts on Marquez North and Charone Peake

Jan 10, 2013, 6:50 PM

Personally, I see 013 as Peake's break out year, he should in fact be the number #2 guy.

With North, doesn't look good...not going visit this WE and may go to Tenn instead...Guess daddy doesn't like CLEMSON....Otherwise, James Clark--the ROCKET is and option.

Re: North and James

Jan 10, 2013, 8:00 PM [ in reply to North and James ]

Apparently North isn't coming this weekend for an official, so that doesn't bode well for us.

Jan 10, 2013, 6:17 PM

You are a class act Nuk. Tigernation is happy that your are pursuing your dreams, but sad to see you leave. We are proud that you are going to represent Clemson in the NFL. NUUUUUUUK!!!!!

Nice first post my man, point for you.***

Jan 10, 2013, 11:16 PM

Creates great opportunity for Bryant, Peake,

Jan 10, 2013, 6:21 PM

and Hopper.

Sammy and Humpries will be the first two options and one of these three guys will develop into the third option, maybe move up to #2.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Charone Peake

Jan 10, 2013, 7:05 PM

I like Peake having a big year in 013,also...

James Clark, I know we're new to this Kids recruiting.
But this kid could be the next Jacoby Ford.
Unreal speed...

he glides. amazing stride***

Jan 11, 2013, 5:50 AM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Go get 'em young man. We appreciate all you've done

Jan 10, 2013, 6:32 PM

on the field and as a representative of Clemson University.

Will miss hearing NUUUUUUUUUUUK! on Saturdays...

Jan 10, 2013, 6:57 PM

...looking forward to hearing it on Sunday :). Best wishes! Thanks for all your hard work at Clemson.

Now THIS is HD at its finest!

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Jan 10, 2013, 7:04 PM

It really hurts to see Nuk go. He may be my favorite Clemson player of all time. While he possesses immense physical talent, I was always most impressed with his crisp routes and incredibly sure hands--things that are obtained through hard work and discipline. It was genuinely fun to watch Nuk gracefully & effortlessly pull in a ball between two defenders and then have that "well obviously I just did that" demeanor after doing so.

We live in a world where egos of top players run rampant, but Nuk was the perfect personification of Teddy Roosevelt's saying: "Speak softly and carry a big stick".

I didn't mean this post to come off sounding like a eulogy, but I'm genuinely sad I won't get to see him suit up for the Tigers again. I know he'll be playing on Sundays (I hope he somehow lands on the Patriots), but I'll always remember him as #6 for the Tigers.

Good luck man. You're going to have a hell of a career before it's all said and done.

God bless him. That man has really grown this year.***

Jan 10, 2013, 7:12 PM

I remember when Derrick Hamilton left early and some booed

Jan 10, 2013, 7:25 PM

him and a guy thought he should repay his scholarship. Silly. I think all players should do what they feel is best for their future. Best wishes to DeAndre.

NUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUK

Jan 10, 2013, 7:32 PM

Best Wishes...

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Great young man...

Jan 10, 2013, 7:41 PM

I am thankful for all he did on and off the field. He always showed great charactor and represented Clemson University well. Nuk, I wish you the very best! We will be pulling for you.

What a void to fill ...

Jan 10, 2013, 7:47 PM

Sad day for Clemson, great day for some NFL team and Nuk! I wish you nothing but the best young man. Your skill, hard work, and attitude will carry you a long way.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Like that famous song...

Jan 10, 2013, 8:26 PM

"Thanks For The Memories"...you've given us a lot of wonderful ones!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 10, 2013, 8:31 PM

Congrats on a great career at Clemson, and thanks for sharing your talents on the field and your example off the field. I know I speak on behalf of all Tiger fans when I say, "Thanks for a job well done. We will miss you, but we wish you nothing but the best life can bring you and your family. Never forget us, and we always will remember you. Come back soon and often."

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

well, dang it.

Jan 10, 2013, 8:54 PM

good luck Nuk, in everything you do.

You'll be missed, Nuk

Jan 10, 2013, 9:18 PM

But I think this was a great decision for you. I hope you tear it up in the NFL...go be the next Calvin Johnson. All the luck in the world to you.

Am I correct? He will qualify for HOF but not ROH.

Jan 10, 2013, 9:19 PM

Doesn't leaving early rule one out for ROH? I know you have to have a degree for ROH (kept Jim Phillips out), but not sure how leaving early is treated even with degree.

Frank Howard***

Jan 11, 2013, 6:27 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If he comes back to finish his degree, he'd become eligible***

Jan 11, 2013, 7:33 AM [ in reply to Am I correct? He will qualify for HOF but not ROH. ]

Jan 10, 2013, 9:25 PM

Thx Nuke!!!!! Good Luck in the NFL!!!!!

Thank you Nuuuuuuuuuukkkkkkkk

Jan 10, 2013, 11:00 PM

Your time at Clemson has been tremendous for our University and our fans. You have achieved a lot in your time here.....records, notoriety, and made a name for yourself. The most important thing that you leave behind is the example that you have set. You have shown what hard work and perseverance through adversity can achieve. Your character and integrity will lead you to great things in the NFL and beyond. We as a family will miss you, but we will watch as you represent our university and yourself as you have always done.....with class. Good luck and god bless on your new adventure.

Re: Thank you Nuuuuuuuuuukkkkkkkk

Jan 10, 2013, 11:44 PM

Well said.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I look forward to seeing NUK...

Jan 10, 2013, 11:59 PM

I look forward to seeing NUK saying "Clemson" on NBC's Sunday Night Football.

I remember seeing Nuk in his frosh year opener against UNT.

Jan 11, 2013, 1:35 AM

After watching his first catch, I could tell he was the best receiver we had. But the coaches wasted Hopkins' talents much of the season by favoring weaker, older guys, like Dye, Ash, et al. It was so frustrating. Hopkins might have set a few more records (and Clemson might have notched a few more wins, including Auburn) if the coaching staff had given Nuk the playing time that he deserved in his freshman year. Fortunately Dabo learned from that mistake.

The biggest issue with not playing Nuke more was...

Jan 11, 2013, 1:40 AM

he played BB and didn't put enough time in on football. Perhaps he wasn't strong enough to block as he should or just didn't know the plays well enough to run his routes.

I don't know Razz, you never seem to be able to be objective about our coaches. You go for the throat at every opportunity. That makes you appear petty, like you have an axe to grind or something.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Or like he's just a complete #####.***

Jan 11, 2013, 8:52 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The definition of awesome!

Basketball is irrelevant to Nuk's freshman year playing time

Jan 11, 2013, 3:17 PM [ in reply to The biggest issue with not playing Nuke more was... ]

From the season opener, Nuk ran routes well and blocked better than any receiver on the team, IMHO. Maybe he didn't know the whole playbook, but he sure seemed to know the plays when he was in. I seriously doubt that he didn't know the playbook, but I guess it's possible.

Dabo, like Bowden before him, seemed to exhibit a loyalty and deference to the more senior players. About 2/3 of the way through the season Dabo seemed to have learned his lesson-- a mistake that he didn't make when Sammy Watkins arrived.

It's funny, whenever I point out good stuff about the coaches, NOBODY on T-Net complains that I have a pro-coach bias or anything. But ANYTIME I critique the coaches, T-Netters like you comment about my negativity, or my "hate" for the coaches, my "axe to grind". When I make the same posts on other websites, nobody ever complains and I often get positive feedback (or recommendations). It looks to me like T-Net is just full of intolerant, coach-worshipping pumpers.

Jan 11, 2013, 2:03 AM

what cracks me up the most about this whole situation is the fact that he was a second-team and third team all-american to all these different agencies. I don't know if these guys watched a lot of Clemson football over the past 3 seasons, but this dude is the real deal. Best hands I have ever seen by a reciever at the collegiate level. He will be an outstanding professional.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution." - Abraham Lincoln

One of our Best players gone. Good for him. Just terrible

Jan 11, 2013, 6:20 AM

for us. He and Ellington are our most dependable players. Juniors leaving just decimates College football quality and moves out Vet NFL players before their time in my opinion. I can understand why Juniors want to leave for the NFL though. The risk of serious injury is too great for one reason

Jan 11, 2013, 7:30 AM

We saw that we could be as good or great without Sammy this year several games, now can we do well without NUK? Time for some guys to step up and for Sammy to be the leader we think he can be.

Jan 11, 2013, 8:37 AM

I don't know the stat - but how many third downs (and long!) did he complete? It got to where you'd look for him every time! Glad other teams didn't seem to pick up on that. Or was he just that good?!

Jan 11, 2013, 8:55 AM

We'll miss Jaron on 3rd down, too. Between the two of them, it was almost a case where I expected to move the chains on any 3rd, however long it was.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The definition of awesome!

Wish Nuk all the best, would LOVE to see him in Miami.

Jan 11, 2013, 8:39 AM

He would probably be the #1 receiver on day one if the Dolphins picked him.

I've always enjoyed watching Nuk and howling Nuuuuuuuuukkk every time he made a big catch. I can almost understand the lack of hype for this kid. He made lots of great plays, but he always made them look routine.

I really wish we could have seen him run down the hill on senior day. Hope he can come back next year for a game so us Clemson fans can show our appreciation with one last NUUUUUUUUUUUUK!!!

Replies: 40
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic