Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Swinney Announces Staff Changes
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 11
| visibility 1,450

Oct 14, 2008, 2:08 PM

Clemson’s new interim coach will serve as the offensive coordinator and call plays along with the help of Billy Napier. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

intact is one word***

Oct 14, 2008, 2:10 PM

Thank you Dr. Dictionary!***

Oct 14, 2008, 3:40 PM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Very, Very Excited. Very, Very Proud.

Re: Swinney Announces Staff Changes- good opportunity

Oct 14, 2008, 2:10 PM

for Dabo as we all know but also for Naper and th GA's

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Swinney Announces Staff Changes

Oct 14, 2008, 3:49 PM

A young fresh perspective will be nice to see!!
I'm glad their getting a chance to show what they can do!

Oct 14, 2008, 10:24 PM

Dabo is what i've we have been waiting for. He has the right mindset. Georgia Tech will show how much he knows about football to. Go ALL IN or go home.

Oct 15, 2008, 6:54 AM

I bet Sat. we will see a Totally different team as far as attitude is concerned ?I wish Coach Swinney & his staff all the best for the rest of the year. I think you will see a "PACKED" Death Valley this Sat.GO TIGERS !

Oct 15, 2008, 10:16 AM

I like Dabo, always have. Here is my concern: Half the people like him, the other half might like him if he wins out or wins 5 and beats USC. I think he is on a horse he probally can't ride. 4 days to get ready, injuries, new QB, ect...Watch the new breed of SSP fall away as soon as we hit a bump in the road. Problem is when we run him off recruiting becomes a concern. Watch the blood flow if its not him for HC next year and we all try to input who we think might make the best prospect. We all wanted Bowden gone now we have to make very smart choices or we could blow the next several years. I think it is going to get a lot worse before it gets a lot better. I hope I am very wrong.

Oct 15, 2008, 11:23 AM

I think you might be being a little harsh on our fan base. I think for the most part we as a fan base have been pretty reasonable and will give Dabo time as long as the players are busting their ##### and we show improvement on offense. I don't eve think we have to win as long as we are scoring points for Dabo to stay on full time.

Cheer up. Hope lives again!!!

Oct 15, 2008, 3:23 PM [ in reply to Re: Swinney Announces Staff Changes ]

I'd rather suffer a couple of down years in order to fix the problem than suffer another decade of Bowden's mediocrity. But hopefully we won't have any down years. BC didn't slip when coach O'Brien left. And UNC quickly improved under Butch Davis (as a mid-term hire).

I used to dread seeing Bowden looking all worried, lost, and pathetic on the sideline. I used to dread seeing Rob Spence waste talent with his predictable run & screen offense. We all know that it's going to be tough for Swinney to abruptly take over this injured team. But win or lose, rather than dreading Clemson games, I'm actually looking forward them playing. I'm excited to see what Swinney and the team can do over the next 6 (hopefully 7-8) games.

I think most fans understand the difficult situation and so they'll suport Swinney and the team, at least until the end of the season. They'll have my support.

I expect the defense to continue doing a good job. (They've been playing well enough to win the ACC for several years now.) And I anticipate far more balanced, unpredictable and aggressive offensive play calling. I expect Clemson to throw the ball downfield for a change. And I expect Clemson to be able to run better BECAUSE the passing game will keep opponents' defenses from stacking the box. I expect Dabo/Napier to roll out the dual-threat Korn more in order to mitigate the O-line weakness. I expect more interceptions, but even more touchdowns. I'll be surprised if Clemson doesn't score more points than they did under Spence. But either way, I'll support Swinney as long as he goes balls-out.

GWC: You once accused me of being negative all the time. Oddly, for the first time in a long time, I'm feeling hopeful and positive about Clemson, and now you're being negative. Cheer up!...

HOPE LIVES AGAIN! GO TIGERS! 11-3!

Oct 16, 2008, 10:15 AM [ in reply to Re: Swinney Announces Staff Changes ]

I wholeheartedly agree. If Dabo is not retained as the head coach next year, I believe he just might bolt for greener pastures; he already is a hot commodity. Making him the interim head coach, and then possibly losing the job on a permanent basis just may do that. For what MANY consider Tommy a failure, he did build a pretty solid staff, with the exception of Spence. Some along the way did not work out and Tommy eliminated them. This present staff looks pretty good, maybe even the promoted grad assistants. Let's get behind the program and especially Dabo so that we can retain him next year and years to come. We cannot afford to undo what has taken 10 years to build. It was TOMMY that built it and it was TOMMY and Dabo that were able to land some of the biggest recruits in Clemson history. Enough said.

Oct 16, 2008, 11:39 AM

Just tell Brad to get his lineman to stay on their blocks till the whistle blows even if they are 30 yrds. downfield. And attack, don't catch.

Against GT, Coach Conehead, make sure the defense sticks the pitchman regardless of if he has the ball.!!!!

Replies: 11
| visibility 1,450
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic