Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Armchair QBs - How about a truce for Tigernet!
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 50
| visibility 1

Armchair QBs - How about a truce for Tigernet!

Aug 17, 2018, 10:40 AM

I wake up to a multiple page commentary on Dabo’s favoring KB in practice and how TL is obviously the better QB! As the last post said, Rant all you want, but your opinions, arguments and such aren’t going to change one thing!!

For the sake of the rest of us who are not fixated on this subject - how about give it a rest please! We have heard you loud and clear as have the mods who run the board. If you still feel strongly email, text or tweet the staff! It is ultimately their job to coach and play whomever they feel is the best candidate and based upon their previous comments everybody will play this season.

Just my plea for some sanity herein.

Go Tigers ??!!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Or we could bring back The Barley Lamp.***

Aug 17, 2018, 10:46 AM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Lets instead talk about if Alumni are better fans?

Aug 17, 2018, 10:51 AM

If it wasn't for the QB talk, this is what we would be talking about.

I prefer the QB talk....and I hate the QB talk but lesser of two evils.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Lets instead talk about if Alumni are better fans?

Aug 17, 2018, 11:04 AM

I don’t mind a reasonable amount, but eight pages of response is pure overkill on one subject. One would think there are other aspects which deserve discussing.

Go Tigers ??!!

Aug 17, 2018, 11:37 AM

Wouldn't be 8 pages if people on here would allow others to have their opinion and not argue it all the time because it doesn't match theirs. FWIW. If people have a right to tell someone they are wrong and call them coots for having a differing opinion on who they think will end up being the better guy in the end (when no one is right until the season has ended and we see who did), you'll see rebuttals back.

lol.

Aug 17, 2018, 11:43 AM

you do realize you can walk away from a thread. .ypu can let the other guy have his opinion with out arguing

like this one right here. ..you didn't have to push it from 12 posts to 13.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Re: lol.

Aug 17, 2018, 11:47 AM

Did they let me have mine? Why should I do that then?

I'm just popping stats and facts into the discussions. Seems many don't like what they show. Is it my fault some can't face reality it shows?

bingo..and this is how you get to 8 pages. .***

Aug 17, 2018, 11:58 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Re: lol.

Aug 17, 2018, 12:40 PM [ in reply to Re: lol. ]

What is ur opinion buddy? I will listen.

It's not you strongly held opinion that bothers people

Aug 17, 2018, 12:41 PM [ in reply to Re: lol. ]

It's your unwillingness to recognize the validity of others right to hold an opinion. You'll be fine when you grow up - assuming you do.

Re: It's not you strongly held opinion that bothers people

Aug 17, 2018, 12:53 PM

MY unwillingness? I'm backing my opinions up with concrete stats.... I'm not the one having a hard time looking at them, or accepting them. I'm not the unwilling one in it. My stuff shifts from opinion to facts, everyone else's is just staying on opinion (minus CTiger... He's been willing to see what I'm saying). Facts are more concrete than opinion.

And I do believe it's all the KB pumpers that are unwilling to let people who believe it will end up TL have their opinion. First anyone posts it, they get attacked every time. Not just me.

Yea, figures don't lie, but liars figure...***

Aug 17, 2018, 12:55 PM

Re: Yea, figures don't lie, but liars figure...***

Aug 17, 2018, 12:57 PM

Ok please, show me how anything I've said is a lie. I'll wait.

Re: Yea, figures don't lie, but liars figure...***

Aug 17, 2018, 12:59 PM [ in reply to Yea, figures don't lie, but liars figure...*** ]

And btw, people who make a living as an analyst also figure, and analyze.

all clemson fans are kb pumpers

Aug 17, 2018, 3:04 PM [ in reply to Re: It's not you strongly held opinion that bothers people ]

you just don't get it, which is ok.

most don't.

Re: all clemson fans are kb pumpers

Aug 17, 2018, 3:09 PM

OK, would you rather me call it TL pessimists??

Aug 17, 2018, 4:09 PM [ in reply to Re: It's not you strongly held opinion that bothers people ]

I for one completly see why you and others want TL to start. I just think experience matters and that KB didn't suck last year and that either can take us all the way.

Aug 17, 2018, 4:16 PM

I don't want him to start game 1 (can be seen below where I posted that in March)....I do think he will start though by game 6 or 7 before we get to FSU unless KB's improvement they talk about but we don't see really shows in the games. That I just have to see happen. I can't say I have yet.

Aug 17, 2018, 1:05 PM [ in reply to Re: Lets instead talk about if Alumni are better fans? ]

Hello pot. Unreal

Aug 17, 2018, 1:09 PM

^well, did you have to post that? Yeah, talk about pots.

Gotcha, I'm the only one that has to not respond....the rest of you can gang up all day long. Gotcha. Nice liberal view you have there.

Aug 17, 2018, 11:09 AM [ in reply to Lets instead talk about if Alumni are better fans? ]

Only alumni are qualified to have QB talk..

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"You don't get control of the game when you're air-balling layups." - Brent Venables

Aug 17, 2018, 11:51 AM

Class of 2001, buddy. ;). Guess I'm good to go.

Re: Just spitballing here, but there is a reason we are

Aug 17, 2018, 11:16 AM

hearing all this "coachspeak" from our staff.

Multiple college football QB's have been transferring in the middle of camp. That's a fact.

Staff has to be really, really careful how they handle our QB's and frame playing time as communicated to the press.

And then there's this: The TL train has left the station and it's roaring full steam ahead. He's going to play. How much and how soon is all that remains to be seen. He's the real deal. Coaches don't want to lose the clubhouse, but by the same token, players KNOW who should be starting and who shouldn't. Believe me, they know.

Just my $0.02 worth

Screw Calford.

Aug 17, 2018, 11:21 AM

Yep they have already said KB

Aug 17, 2018, 11:38 AM

for game 1.

Aug 17, 2018, 1:07 PM

Not the players

Aug 17, 2018, 2:52 PM

Um, yeah, the players...not one of them has said they'd not be behind the coach....right now, the players are stating they are behind who the coach stated, for game 1. Those same players will likely accept the coaches changing it if or when they do. If you think otherwise, you really have no clue about the Clemson culture Dabo has built with them.

my guess. .aND I'm not as smart as every1 else

Aug 17, 2018, 12:01 PM [ in reply to Re: Just spitballing here, but there is a reason we are ]

is that TL will play some portion of 5 games.

Re: Armchair QBs - How about a truce for Tigernet!

Aug 17, 2018, 11:19 AM

It's just all in good fun to me. I support KB and believe he was good last year and has improved but if TL is much better ofcourse I want him to start if he knows the playbook well and can execute without many mistakes.

Aug 17, 2018, 12:05 PM

In part, I agree with you. But it's a heck of a lot more interesting than talking about balloons. So anyway, let's talk about Furman. I was watching one of their playoff games from last year. Their defense looks both small and slow. Maybe we should all say a prayer for them.

Aug 17, 2018, 12:06 PM

There was once a Tiger QB by the name of Willy Korn. All of the arm chair QB's knew for certain he was better than any other QB on the team. As soon as he stepped on the field, the game would be changed forever. (I forgot the rest of the story).

badge-ringofhonor-joe21.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I was 1 of them. .ranting and a Raven

Aug 17, 2018, 12:11 PM

I lernder my lesson.

incoming 42 poat of why Korn was overated and how it is totally different now.

Aug 17, 2018, 1:09 PM [ in reply to Re: Armchair QBs - How about a truce for Tigernet! ]

Be fair to Korn , Joe he got hurt his first game and stayed hurt

Aug 17, 2018, 3:03 PM [ in reply to Re: Armchair QBs - How about a truce for Tigernet! ]

It kind of goes like "then he ended up with an injury to his throwing arm, has major issues getting his throwing back....threw ball with his dad and kept feeling constant pain in it where his mechanics were not right...got frustrated, depressed, but kept working..."

ah, why both...here, you can read about the reality that has nothing to do with not living up to expectations and more to do with a bad nagging injury to his main arm right here:
http://www.goupstate.com/news/20111201/byrnes-legend-ex-tiger-korn-becomes-division-ii-star
https://www.thestate.com/sports/college/acc/clemson-university/article213481439.html

And maybe, quit sounding like a coot. Only coots try to use Willy Korn as an example.

Aug 17, 2018, 4:34 PM

The way you are obsessed with trashing a Clemson player on here I think you should refrain from calling anyone else a "coot".

I have been mostly lurking this off season but you have been the biggest baby on this forum the past week. Hell you have even made armsb look mature. That is hard to do.

March 4th 2016- "Lee won't be here 4 years from today" - Viztiz

Aug 17, 2018, 4:37 PM

Again....SHOW me where I am trashing him...not just talking about his stats and what they show. Not a one of you has been able to yet....that's just what you want to read it like. You won't find one time I'm just straight up trashing KB....I'm just discussing his passing issues...which is NOT trashing him. I'm also discussing that I think if he doesn't improve it, he could lose the spot to TL...that STILl is not trashing him. Apparently, if you don't make him sound like DW4 2.0 and fake his stats, you're trashing him, do I have that right??

Aug 17, 2018, 4:43 PM

Oh, and keep in mind, I'm not just blindly throwing out opinions on things about him....I am supplying real stats from last year...concrete numbers from stat boards (with the links direct to them so you know I'm not making them up) and game assessments on KB's 2017 season. Every thing from his personal season long stats, to S&P stats (the top most known statistics for NCAA) of every team he faced in 2017 vs DW4's 2016...to assessments of every once of his completions in every portion of the field. There has been not one lie about them said, not one thing that the numbers didn't back up 100%. I'm backing up every single thing I've said.

Aug 17, 2018, 4:15 PM [ in reply to Re: Armchair QBs - How about a truce for Tigernet! ]

I think he won at NGU lol.

Aug 17, 2018, 4:35 PM

yep, won a National Title for them:
https://thetandd.com/sports/football/north-greenville-captures-victory-bowl-and-national-title/article_37443638-f530-11df-9dfd-001cc4c03286.html

Aug 17, 2018, 12:11 PM

Talk is cheap and we all want to be heard. It probably does as little harm as it does good.But even better, we all like winning. Really like winning. So in two weeks, please leave your opinions at home and support this train that is Clemson Football and whatever you do, DON'T BOO. You want to hurt Clemson Football, man, that would do it.

Aug 17, 2018, 12:57 PM

People that boo should be drug out of the stadium... That's not being a fan.

Aug 17, 2018, 1:07 PM

So, are you gonna cheer or boo KB when he goes out for the first snap? Just wondering.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 17, 2018, 2:56 PM

Cheer as I always do...but why would you wonder it? At what point did I say I wouldn't?? Just because I think over time, TL will prove to be the better guy does not mean I don't cheer them all on. Glad I eased your unfounded assumptions.

Maybe my post from March before even Hunter transferred will help as well:
https://www.tigernet.com/forum/message/Re-I-will-trust-Dabos-decision-regardless-23231466#23231466

Re: I will trust Dabo's decision regardless
Posted: Mar 7, 2018 3:22 PM

Because they won't throw Trevor in the fire starting day 1...and fact is, he still has to learn the system, be able to manage the game...and surpass Hunter Johnson and Chase Brice first. Kelly would have to do A LOT of messing up in practices leading up to game 1 to lose the spot before game 1. Typically, the spot of a Senior "took you to the playoffs" QB would be changed through the season as games dictate. He's earned his chance, and as long as he manages the game properly, you'll likely see the others game 1 after KB gets a big lead on Furman. In the end, it's Furman, not Alabama. I think Kelly showed he can lead a team through the FCS groups without a hitch. Kent State 56-3...Citadel 61-3. You really shouldn't be worried about game 1...or if Trevor is starter day 1. The story you need to watch with Trevor is if he ends up planted in spot 2 by game 1.

You just had to go there didn't you..??

Aug 18, 2018, 8:24 AM

After I was finally coming to terms with Hunter Johnson leaving, you say his name and all the "what could have beens" come flooding back. *cue the 80's power ballad* ??

Aug 17, 2018, 1:04 PM [ in reply to Re: Armchair QBs - How about a truce for Tigernet! ]

Honestly, I can't imagine any fan booing at a game no matter what their thoughts are about QBs. I don't see any team on our home schedule that might look like they are beating us at any point.

Thank you! Now, let's talk purple uniforms :)

Aug 17, 2018, 12:47 PM

I like 'em.

You're gonna love our first game.......***

Aug 17, 2018, 4:29 PM

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Here's a "Hear, hear!" For you!! Well said

Aug 17, 2018, 2:28 PM

Nm

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yes!

Aug 17, 2018, 2:56 PM

We need more posts about "allegedly" legit art pieces, the coots turf, or how to increase or restart TNET pulses. Which amazingly the last one still gets replies from long time tnetters who should know they are being trolled. LOL.

Thank you for taking such a strong stance against talking about the biggest position battle that has swept through Clemson in Dabo's tenure! *clap clap*

Yes! Drop this nonsense

Aug 17, 2018, 4:41 PM

and get back to the serious work T-Net was made for.

Aug 18, 2018, 8:34 AM

From reading through this thread, I have determined that we can stop all these arguments if everyone just agrees with my analysis and recommendations. And besides, Dabo is contacting me soon as to how to run this program. My suggestions have worked for years, just ask Dabo. Okay - check that, let's not ask Dabo about that. We'll just keep that our little secret.

Now let's hope that most of you have working sarcasm meters.

Replies: 50
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic