Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Its amazing how many Clemson "fans" are so eager
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 37
| visibility 3,822

Its amazing how many Clemson "fans" are so eager

Apr 11, 2017, 12:28 PM

to go after a kid who played the entire day with a injury.

Great job supporting the kid /s

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

March 4th 2016- "Lee won't be here 4 years from today" - Viztiz

Re: Its amazing how many Clemson "fans" are so eager

Apr 11, 2017, 12:39 PM

I Agree but with all the opportunity over the last couple of years what has he done?Couldn't beat out a walk on . Athlete that can pass a little. Israel or Cooper will win the job.

Apr 11, 2017, 12:48 PM

Kelly Bryant is a great young man and a great athlete. He has been at Clemson for three years under Streeters coaching. Watson was the star. Last year uninsured Bryant could not beat Nick for the backup job . He should be able to get separation from the others but can't . Start the man that can run our offense as it is .

Opportunity? He played behind our greatest QB

Apr 11, 2017, 4:57 PM [ in reply to Re: Its amazing how many Clemson "fans" are so eager ]

ever. No back up really played except at garbage time

Apr 11, 2017, 12:45 PM

Dude shuuuutuuuuuppp.....

You're such a Nancy. This is power 5 college football. We have a four man battle at QB, there is nothing wrong with being honest about the strengths and weaknesses of each one.

Nobody is "going after" Kelly Bryant.

Apr 11, 2017, 12:48 PM

How about no...

Ill post whatever the hell I want dont like it then put me on ignore...

The one who seems to be the Nancy here is the guy trying to tell people who he doesnt agree with to shut up. Sorry you are incapable of taking other Opinions.

of course you are the same ###### "fan" who enjoys trashing everything at clemson so why am I not shocked you are mad at me defending a player.

You are right we have a 4 man battle and guess what BRYANT is the leader of those 4 men. Dont like it get over it. Byrant is our starter as of right now.

What other names do you have active right now? I know for a fact you had Skeeter3 and Jhop83 active at the same time.

Apr 11, 2017, 1:28 PM

Put you on ignore? Never.....

Laughter is good for the soul.

Apr 11, 2017, 1:29 PM

Quality retort.

Oh and dont worry I laugh at you constantly Skeeter3

It's all in how you say what you say

Apr 11, 2017, 1:02 PM [ in reply to Re: Its amazing how many Clemson "fans" are so eager ]

I imagine you already know this, but just in case you've made it to this point in your life without being exposed to this truth...

Someone pointing out weaknesses and strengths of players is not trashing them or "going after them". However, someone writing off a player and saying they aren't the answer or making blanket statements based on very limited inputs is choosing to take a negative slant on that player.

And, if you choose to take a negative slant on a Clemson player and you express that view on a Clemson board, then you open yourself up to the criticism.

The fact is, anyone with eyes sees apparent issues with Bryant's throwing in limited amount of exposure we have to it, but we also have to recognize that the person who knows the most about the QB situation has named him the current leader of the QB race. That last fact should be enough for Clemson fans to withhold making blanket statements about him "not being the answer" and should they decide to do so, it certainly seems appropriate to point out they are taking a negative position with very limited evidence.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Thank you.***

Apr 11, 2017, 1:29 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: It's all in how you say what you say

Apr 11, 2017, 1:33 PM [ in reply to It's all in how you say what you say ]

I haven't really seen anybody do what you're saying though. Maybe one or two posters out of the thousands on this subject the past week.

Apr 11, 2017, 2:06 PM [ in reply to Re: Its amazing how many Clemson "fans" are so eager ]

I'm not going after Bryant. He's from my old high school. This is power 5 football. You start the best player who can run your system and get you to the playoffs.

Apr 11, 2017, 2:08 PM

YOU RUN OUT OF #### TO SAY ABOUT BROWNELL. YOU ARE VERY ANNOYING IN EVERY SPORT.

Apr 11, 2017, 2:12 PM

Yep he is lucky there are no mods on this site.

Apr 11, 2017, 3:36 PM

Says the guy who's been banned....

Apr 11, 2017, 5:06 PM

Ive never been banned permanently unlike you.

clemtiger117 was never banned.

stick with facts Skeeter3.

You were banned.

He failed to get his wish with Brownell and starts on his

Apr 11, 2017, 5:11 PM [ in reply to Re: Its amazing how many Clemson "fans" are so eager ]

dumb posts on football. Ignorance is bliss and such is the life of a coot.

Apr 11, 2017, 1:33 PM

I know I saw Hunter Johnson come in and hit a guy in stride on a corner route on a rope with just enough room to keep one foot in bounds. Watson was money on third down with this play. Do we have any one else with this kind of timing or accuracy?

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No.

Apr 11, 2017, 1:37 PM

Hunter is the only one that can throw that ball.

Snowflake Basher........Out

Apr 11, 2017, 2:54 PM

For me, it started with the high school Shrine Bowl. KB seemed lost on every passing play. He has never looked comfy doing that, and THAT is important - uh - CRITICAL to make this offense run properly. Nobody wants to attack an individual, but KB simply has to step up - A LOT. He is arguably our BEST rushing QB, but I would rate him the worst at passing. Defenses will stack the box if we are one-dimensional. Are you really ready for that?

That said - I might have missed it, but I never saw Tucker RUN the ball, but the other 3 did. Just saying. He can sling it however. Any way to mesh KB and TI together into a single unit? We might have DW4 II. :)

Apr 11, 2017, 2:58 PM

The problem is in three years he is still struggling in the passing game. If Trevor Lawrence was coming in this fall, he would be the starter or key backup.

Apr 11, 2017, 3:24 PM

"he is still struggling in the passing game"

You made this determination based on what his 18 passes in games or a spring game in which he played with a injury on his hand?

You are a pathetic little person who 90% of the time has nothing good to say about Clemson or its athletes on this site.

Apr 11, 2017, 3:36 PM

I read the spring reports on other sites. He never put up big passing yards on those reports. Kelly Bryant is a great kid but winning comes first. Unlike Alabama with two great running backs and a big pro line, our offense is predicated on a qb who makes plays in the running and passing game. Hurt didn't have to be a great passer. Our starter will have to do both well. Unlike the low demands on the basketball program, the football program has much higher standards about winning. 8 wins at NC State is good. 8 wins at Clemson now will get you in trouble. All any fan wants is a qb who can beat Auburn and go win at Louisville. If Bryant can do that,he's the man.

This may surprise you, but they have seen him before.*****

Apr 11, 2017, 3:29 PM

Re: This may surprise you, but they have seen him before.*****

Apr 11, 2017, 3:35 PM

Oh you mean in his 18 pass attempts during his career or in a Spring game in which he was injured?

Apr 11, 2017, 3:43 PM

He airmailed a couple balls before the injury. He's a great runner though. I'm sure he'll get some looks in short yardage and goalline situations even if he's not the starter.

I bet you would have started Three and Out Stoudt over DW the entire 2014 season wouldn't you?

Apr 11, 2017, 3:47 PM

"He airmailed a couple balls before the injury."

Oh really that is interesting seeing how he injured his hand on the FIRST snap.

Congrats on being wrong yet again Skeeter3.

" Kelly Bryant suffered a tendon injury to the pinky finger on his throwing hand on the first snap, but continued to play. “He wanted to continue to play even though it made it difficult to throw,” said Swinney."

http://www.live5news.com/story/35104857/several-quarterbacks-see-action-in-clemson-spring-game

Great job throwing in another insult at Stoudt who also played injured that entire year. Quite pathetic what a "fan" you are.

Message was edited by: Clemalum07®

Apr 11, 2017, 4:52 PM

Still wondering what passes he airmailed in the spring game before his injury on the first play.

Jhop83®

Apr 11, 2017, 5:18 PM [ in reply to Re: This may surprise you, but they have seen him before.***** ]

I played 3 quarters in a high school game one time dragging a broken leg.....

What's this crap about a pinky?

Apr 11, 2017, 5:21 PM

lol quality retort.

A simple I was full of #### would have sufficed.

You are a joke Skeeter3.

Message was edited by: Clemalum07®

Stoudt has moved on with his life. You?***

Apr 11, 2017, 5:14 PM [ in reply to Re: This may surprise you, but they have seen him before.***** ]

Yep 18 pass attempts, plus all the other times...

Apr 11, 2017, 3:43 PM [ in reply to Re: This may surprise you, but they have seen him before.***** ]

he chose to take off and run rather than sitting in the pocket where is uncomfortable.

Apr 11, 2017, 3:46 PM [ in reply to Re: This may surprise you, but they have seen him before.***** ]

He wasn't hurt in the prior practices. That's an excuse. If Lawrence was coming in this September and could run the offense, would you start Bryant the three year man or a true freshman?

Apr 11, 2017, 3:49 PM

And guess what Chicken Michael after those practices the Coaches have determined he is our best QB.

Not for sure. We don't know what they really think.

Apr 11, 2017, 4:05 PM

They may be pushing other players. We will know when the season starts. They may think that he is the only one who knows the offense enough? Who knows? We don't know exactly what they are thinking.

Apr 11, 2017, 5:27 PM [ in reply to Re: This may surprise you, but they have seen him before.***** ]

You would have started Stoudt over Watson.

Apr 11, 2017, 6:53 PM [ in reply to Re: This may surprise you, but they have seen him before.***** ]

You sure do take things a bit personal....and bit "too" personal...

Here, let's honestly look at things, rationally. Most people's concerns are in Kelly's passing game...I don't know anyone on here that doesn't think he has the run ability...BUT...for an offense to not be one dimensional, you have to have a QB that can pass just as much if not more than he runs.

So, let's look at Kelly Bryant's stats on that, shall we? Though yes, he did play sparingly, that does not mean he did not have a chance to show his skills and impovement...

2015: 7 of 9 pass attempts for 0 TD's (77.8% completion)..for a mere 27 total yards, an average of 3 yds per pass (multiply that by 3 downs and he's a yard short of a 1st down every time), and his longest being 10 yards. Now his rushing...23 attempts (roughly 2.5 times as many attempts as his passing, for 128 yards, an average of 6.8 yards per attempt so over twice as much as his passing averaged, and 2 TD's....so yes, that validates the concern of him being a run first QB).

Now 2016: 6 of 9 pass attempts (66.7% completion...so he regressed in passing Completion % from 2015), for 48 total season yards, an average of 5.3 yards per pass, and 1 TD (so his average went up, yards went up). And rushing, he had 12 attempts of 22 total yards (1.8 yards per rush average...so he regressed there), and 1 TD...to me THAT is a valid concern, seeing his completion percentage dropped YOY, and so did his rushing stats. Seems like he's completing longer passes on average, but less amount of times.

Now 2017 Spring Game...and yes, I understand he hurt his pinky but there is still something that can be said about the stats. 4 of 13 attempts for 43 yards...a 30% completion %. 30%...not good, but he gets a slight pass. But let's look at various spring scrimmages, where he wasn't hurt..March 29: 8/14 for 94 yds and a TD (but that's only a 57% completion percentage)...March 15: 7 of 13 for 91 yards and a TD (that's only a 54% completion percentage)...March 10th, no stats but Scott called it "below average".

So, just curious what in all that tells you that Bryant is the guy and has thus far in any way proven he has the passing skills down (which is exactly everyone's concern) and can manage the game passing wise enough to not have the team one dimensional?? I am behind the players like everyone else, but the stats seem to speak for themselves....if he is to be the guy, he has to step up and prove it better than what all these stats show thus far. I don't care if you know him, if you are him...whatever...that's just the facts.

If only we've seen him in a previous spring game

Apr 11, 2017, 3:35 PM

And several games.....

Replies: 37
| visibility 3,822
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic