Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
So tell me where I'm wrong...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 5
| visibility 1,082

So tell me where I'm wrong...

Feb 24, 2016, 10:03 AM

We were not expected to do much.

- Clemson was 7-3, with 5 top 50 wins, and the easiest remaining ACC schedule. Screw the early losses. At that point, we had forgotten and overcome them. Does the expectation not change at that point? How do you fall back on that excuse in year 6, when you in the position we were?

BB has won more ACC games than any other coach.

- Is that not impressive only within the parameters of what it means? All those wins have never gotten us into the NCAAT (minus an apparently gift-wrapped 1st year). Over his final 3 years, OP won more ACC games than any team not named Duke or UNC. What did he have to show for it? 3 straight NCAAT berths and an ACCT championship game berth. Stupid, stupid argument if you ask me.

Clemson fans and admin don't support bball.

- Why did this not apply to OP's run? So a guy, at a school who doesn't support bball, can win more ACC games than any team in the conference that doesn't wear blue over a 3 year stretch.... and we use THIS argument to defend his replacement 6 years later?

OP left us hurting with recruiting.

-Based on what? Name ONE class that BB has brought in that is better than what OP could have potentially brought in had he not left. ONE. All we have is history to go on. We have no idea what OP would have ended up with, but I can't think of one BB class that I can say would have been better.

Next year we will definitely be a tournament team.

- What? I'll remind you again. We were 7-3 with 5 top 50 wins (fudging a little on Cuse). We had the easiest remaining ACC schedule. Do you think that is likely to happen again? It was gift wrapped, and we are not even in the convo with 2 conference games remaining. To think we "will definitely do it next year" is the definition of insanity.

I have always been a BB supporter. I've waned a little the last year or so, but still thought he was the guy. Not anymore. I will support him, and rally around him. I hope we win 5 or 6 in a row from this point... no doubt.

but I am having a hard time finding reasons that he's the guy

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

well, it's long, so FM might be interested?***

Feb 24, 2016, 10:06 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You're not wrong. Some people have trouble

Feb 24, 2016, 10:10 AM

raising expectations. BB was all but out the door in late December - then the team pulled the season from the trash heap. Most fans got their hopes up. Then came the "easy" part of the ACC schedule. We are who we thought we were. Should have been better. There are 4/5 losses that should be wins. A little better coaching, better recruiting and we are sitting pretty.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: You're not wrong. Some people have trouble

Feb 24, 2016, 10:31 AM

Not a bad assessment, and I am one who really thought and hoped we had turned a corner only to see the terrible performances at NCSU and GT. Pathetic fail yesterday in the end, and that to a terrible GT team.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Thank you***

Feb 24, 2016, 1:07 PM

Re: So tell me where I'm wrong...

Feb 24, 2016, 1:57 PM

You are wrong in trying to make it work with this guy when he already proved he could not before he was given a massive new contract by DRad last year. What was the wisdom in doing that? Now we are locked in to perpetuating a bad scenario for the next several years at least! And all with an undersized 8,500 seat Littlejohn next year to boot!

Replies: 5
| visibility 1,082
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic