Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
If I was Clemson AD for a day I would ...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 9
| visibility 1,661

If I was Clemson AD for a day I would ...

Jul 20, 2013, 9:02 PM

Bring in Dabo thank him for restoring Clemson football to respectability, thank him for the ACC Championship and the great win over LSU. Then I would tell him I am a native of SC, a 72 graduate of Clemson and tell him that should he lose to SC University 5 straight years that I would expect him to join me in running up and down College Ave crying and wailing like our hair was on fire. YES I care that much and if you don't agree you are not part of my Clemson family

Jack Leggett would come in and I would thank him for all his success and tell him it is not enough and he has one year. Some of us really care about Clemson baseball, he has lots of resources and he needs to hug LeCroy everyday. It is ok to recruit athletic kids not from the New England area who hit rt handed

I would call a meeting of the BOT, remind them THEY kept us in the ACC so a record of 35% wins against the ACC and 22% in the ACC Tournament will not work. Pour some money into the basketball program.

I would shut down the women's rowing program and start a women's softball program. Yeah it will cost money but folks from SC actually participate in and care about softball

I would secure Howard's Rock by creating a pedestal that can be removed. We would bring it to football games with a unbelievable ceremony and remove it after the game

I would call up Swofford and threaten to take my Tigers out of the ACC unless he got his butt to Pendleton, SC and apologized to one Danny Ford. You all know why. ACC needs us more than we need them

I'd remind the traditionalists that it is OK if the younger generation has a few night games, loud music and it will not end the world if we wear purple

Then to end the day I would stroll across campus stopping at DV, Kingsmore, Bowman Field, go downtown say hello to Leonard Keller, get a pie at Peppino's and then end the day planning that dadgum oculus

No better place than Clemson, SC... Go Tigers!!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: If I was Clemson AD for a day I would ...

Jul 20, 2013, 9:18 PM

when can you start? agree on all points.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 20, 2013, 9:19 PM

I would have the rally cats perform for me at least ONCE

Thank God you aren't the AD.***

Jul 20, 2013, 9:22 PM

Jul 20, 2013, 9:36 PM

you really lost me when you hinted at losing Leggett. That is retarded in so many ways.

We will have to disagree on this one. Besides, they want me to be the AD, and I'm keeping Leggett until HE wants to go.

'nuff said.

A couple of thoughts

Jul 20, 2013, 10:02 PM

1. Why should fans be punished? The rock should always be on display for fans to come by and see it, whenever they are in town.

2. we have rowing because of scholarships for Title IX. Softball would not equal that amount.

3. Drop the out of state baseball stuff. Look at Clemson's history. We have had 12 ACC Player of the Years since 1973. The state breakdown for them are: FL - 1, GA - 2, NY -2, NC -2, MD-3, NJ-1, VA-1 . Not a single one is from SC so it is clear that has zero bearing on anything.

Who you running against?

Jul 20, 2013, 10:17 PM

Please print clearly so I can remember his name in the voting booth.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Come to think of it...

Jul 21, 2013, 2:06 PM

If you were just the AD for one day, nobody would care what you thought and your threats would be meaningless.

Jul 21, 2013, 4:02 PM

You left off ...

Ban Korncoot, B Wright, and Carvell from ever setting foot in another press conference.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

You can't fire Dabo for always losing to the coots.

Jul 21, 2013, 4:09 PM

You have to take his entire body of work into consideration and decide if THAT meets the minimum requirements needed to hold on to the head coaching position.

ACC titles are more important than beating the coots. At least that was the rallying cry for firing Tommy Bowden.

Replies: 9
| visibility 1,661
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic