Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Texas thoughts on Chad Morris
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 13
| visibility 1

Texas thoughts on Chad Morris

Jan 8, 2014, 11:37 PM

http://texas.rivals.com/showmsg.asp?fid=61&tid=196889702&mid=196889702&sid=902&style=2

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

FIRE CHAD***

Jan 8, 2014, 11:40 PM

2024 student level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Chad would rather wait for CS to get fired

Jan 8, 2014, 11:41 PM

Rather than cement him as a fan favorite HC in Austin.

He'd be the Bud Foster of VT***

Jan 8, 2014, 11:45 PM

Isn't Bud Foster the Bud Foster of VT?***

Jan 8, 2014, 11:51 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

LOL +1***

Jan 8, 2014, 11:56 PM

Re: He'd be the Bud Foster of VT- Speaking of VT

Jan 9, 2014, 7:10 AM [ in reply to He'd be the Bud Foster of VT*** ]

wonder how much longer Beamer will coach. The back up he would never play looked decent in the bowl for a guy with no experience. I think the LT experiment will always be remembered as a blind spot on Franks' record

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Chad gets all the respect for what the O does at CU

Jan 8, 2014, 11:48 PM

Mostly because of Dabo's reputation. In Texas he would split the credit with strong.

everyone knows Strong is a d coordinator in a head coach

Jan 9, 2014, 9:21 AM

position...how would he split credit?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Texas thoughts on Chad Morris

Jan 9, 2014, 6:13 AM

I believe that Chad has a clause in his contract that does not allow him to go to another school as an assistant. I believe that was included in his contract when he got the big raise to $1.3M as our OC.

badge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Interesting reply -

Jan 9, 2014, 6:35 AM

'Yep, only way I would want Morris is if he agrees to sign a contract with a huge buyout clause. Need to keep a staff together.'

Need to keep a staff together, but it's ok to tear our's apart, humm?

badge-donor-10yr.jpg2006_nit_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We're friends. You laugh, I laugh. You cry, I cry. You jump off a bridge, I get in my boat and save your retarded a$$.

Re: Texas thoughts on Chad Morris

Jan 9, 2014, 9:16 AM

Guys this is a bigger deal than a HC job. There are no big jobs that would take an OC with 3 yrs experience. Not that he doesn;t deserve it, but look at the recent hires, nobody has a resume as thin as Morris on the college level.

texas OC with success and significant Clemson success is what will get him a HC job at a decent school

Look at the guy who took the Arky St job. Dana Holgerson OC and Fedora OC at Okla St won big, So Miss had 11 win season, now UNC OC then got the job as Arky St HC. One would think they would get a smaller name but even they demand serious experience before hiring someone

Clemson did something very few have, hire Dabo as HC with no experience. Now he kept a very good recruiting class together and beat USC while an interim but does anyone believe a loss to USC that year he would be HC? It turned out great but is not usual at big schools. Morris got a big shot job after 1 yr at Tulsa not normal. Venerables is more the norm longtime DC great resume etc

Morris to UT would be best for his career, however, how many of us passed on a job to be closer to family, create some roots and stay in a certain area, etc. He seems to like Clemson and making 1.3 with more on the way is not a bad way to spend your life

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

But what about the huge "buyout" I keep hearing about...

Jan 9, 2014, 9:29 AM

which relates to leaving for a non head coaching position? It may not exist, but it makes sense if it does given what Clemson pays him.

Uhh it definitely exists. Chad would owe CU $5.2 million

Jan 9, 2014, 11:04 AM

if he left for another OC job now.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 13
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic