Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Suspect the likelihood of DW4 signing new contract with
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 11
| visibility 1

Suspect the likelihood of DW4 signing new contract with

Mar 17, 2020, 11:23 AM

Texans went out the door. Find a winner DW4!

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Suspect the likelihood of DW4 signing new contract with

Mar 17, 2020, 11:28 AM

That’s a good thought. I expect that the Texans are in a money crunch right now or they wouldn’t have allowed Nuke to leave. I think that I read where he had a big money contract. The Texans need to find them a few offensive linemen to help DW out,

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If $$ issue Johnson is not the answer as he has big contract

Mar 17, 2020, 11:46 AM

Thats one of the main reason AZ wanted to get rid of him. Hes eating cap and washed up. His Cap burden is only like a million less than Nuks.

Hopkins carries completely non-guaranteed base salaries of $12.5 million, $13.5 million, and $13.9 million over the next three years

David Johnson is heading into the second year of the three-year, $39 million extension he signed with the Cardinals. He will draw a base salary of $10.2 million and carry a cap hit of nearly $11.2 million next season. The Texans are reportedly taking on his entire salary, which means they will now be paying more money to the running back position than almost any team in the NFL.

Garbage RB they dumped to the Texans makes more $.. .

Mar 17, 2020, 1:58 PM [ in reply to Re: Suspect the likelihood of DW4 signing new contract with ]

Texans will just tag David Johnson is a 14.3mil salary dump on the Texans, he alone is a net loss for the Texans, the Cards couldn't have traded him for a 7th round pick-has no value, at 14.3mil, he has negative value. Houston will just tag DW, w/o DW the Texan franchise will be irrelevant, Watt likely retires soon=no stars, DW is stuck in Houston-

"Texans will just tag" should not be there, sorry****

Mar 17, 2020, 2:04 PM

as The Big E would say”Viva Las Vegas!”

Mar 17, 2020, 11:29 AM

Thank you very much.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Gruden DOES love him some Clemson!*

Mar 17, 2020, 12:24 PM

Nm

Re: Suspect the likelihood of DW4 signing new contract with

Mar 17, 2020, 11:56 AM

From what I understand, Nuk wanted a new, much bigger deal. This is what the Texans were seeking to avoid and not the current cap hit. Unfortunately for DW, he may be in a situation where they franchise tag him when his contract is up so his choice will be to stay and play or sit out (see Dad & the Cowboys). I don't think he would sit.

It was still a terrible trade. Even if they wanted to move

Mar 17, 2020, 2:07 PM

on from Nuk they could've:

1) Gotten much more for him (similar WRs have been traded recently for 1st round picks + better players in return)

and

2) Not taken on a terrible contract like David Johnson

Taking Johnson in the deal is negating pretty much any money they will save moving on from Nuk and that's assuming he was going to demand a new contract. His current contract is extremely team-friendly.

I Suspect You Are Wrong

Mar 17, 2020, 12:03 PM

It is now extremely likely the Texans will sign DW4 long term now. They have no choice. He is the only reason the franchise has any relevance.

Both sides may be waiting on Mahomes to set the bar (or baseline) first.

Re: I Suspect You Are Wrong

Mar 17, 2020, 12:12 PM

That issue has been in a stalemate for sometime now....

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/report-mahomes-watson-could-land-huge-contracts-after-season/ar-BBYSpMP

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It will be $$$ well spent . . . but it WILL cost

Mar 17, 2020, 1:01 PM

whoever get #4's next contract . . . and rightfully so!!!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 11
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic