Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
First game at Willy-B
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 23
| visibility 1

First game at Willy-B

Nov 25, 2013, 9:53 AM

This Saturday will be my first game at Williams Brice Stadium. Bought my ticket through the Athletic Dept, so I will be in a Clemson section, but anything that I should be prepared for? I'm not bothered by having profanities yelled at me; I'll just y'ell some back. I've heard about Coots trying to entice Clemson fans to react so they can have them thrown out of the stadium. Is that true?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yes. Absolutely true.***

Nov 25, 2013, 9:55 AM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

GO TIGERS!!

What exactly do they do?

Nov 25, 2013, 9:58 AM

And more importantly, what would get me thrown out of the stadium?

Depends on how security feels

Nov 25, 2013, 10:00 AM

Yelling and cussing back at them might get you tossed. Obviously any kind of threat or anything physical will get you the boot.

Best thing to remember is that they are like 5 year olds. They will get angry if you ignore them, and then they will get bored. Just continue to cheer for the Tigers as they yell and cuss you. This will have their heads spinning.

Re: Depends on how security feels

Nov 25, 2013, 11:24 AM

Thanks dude. I'm not looking for trouble, I just want to know what I'm getting into on Saturday

Stand Tall and Proud for the Tigers! That is the Old School

way!

GO TIGERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You will be fine, there are a few bad eggs

but overall it wont be bad. You will have some trash talk pointed your way, and maybe a few people taking it too far. Keep your trash talk to a minimum and you will escape.

Re: You will be fine, there are a few bad eggs

Nov 25, 2013, 9:57 AM

When i went to the GT game wearing my GT hat someone yelled FU everytime Clemson scored in front of a kid no less. You can either ignore it and realize you are at their house or you can punch that guy in the face. Your choice.

Tell 'em coot with a Georgia Tech hat

Nov 25, 2013, 10:22 AM

Did it say USCheat 4 GT ?

Re: You will be fine, there are a few bad eggs

Nov 25, 2013, 10:38 AM [ in reply to Re: You will be fine, there are a few bad eggs ]

null

Right, I figured as much

Nov 25, 2013, 10:01 AM [ in reply to You will be fine, there are a few bad eggs ]

I'm not worried about a few a-holes. I'm sure somewhere along the way visiting fans have thought I was an a-hole at some games. I'm pretty jacked for Saturday

Re: First game at Willy-B

Nov 25, 2013, 10:09 AM

You will want to take a good shower when you get home. You will feel like you have been coated with sludge after being there for a while. I wouldn't wear nice jewelry/watch, clothes, etc. It is a sorry side of town, and even in the stands there will be folks you don't want to follow you down the street after the game.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I went to "Not Worth The Price" once...

Nov 25, 2013, 10:20 AM

Not only were the fans rude animals (throwing drinks as freely as they threw profanities) but also had my car broken into and stuff stolen. It was a double trip for me. First and last. Don't guess I need to warn you about Five Points... For the sake of fairness, I am certain there are some Gamecock fans with class, just like there are some Tiger fans who are an embarrassment to Clemson. The bad folks really stand out... remember that. Good luck and GOOOOOOOOOO TIGERS!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I went to "Not Worth The Price" once...

Nov 25, 2013, 11:25 AM

Car getting broke into does concern me. Any specific parking spots that are worse than others?

Safe parking place?

Nov 25, 2013, 2:56 PM

The police impound lot... maybe. Dude we are talking about Columbia!!!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I went to "Not Worth The Price" once...

Nov 25, 2013, 3:47 PM [ in reply to I went to "Not Worth The Price" once... ]

Unfortunately, you're right about Five Points. If you want to have a drink after the game, you want to go to the Vista. Older crowd. Five Points is seriously just gangs and underage kids with fake ID's.

Nov 25, 2013, 10:29 AM

To be absolutely honest. I have been to way more Tiger usuck games in BB than at DV. That is b/c I live in dumplumbia, and until they slurrier, the tics were easier to get and cheaper. There has been times I've been without any problems at all. There has been times I've barely escaped without serious harm to them or myself. The last time I was there, was one of those times, and I haven't been back since.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Have fun in the parking lots & look for free beer/BBQ! ***

Nov 25, 2013, 10:31 AM

GoTiGs!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I used to go every year, since about '08, it's gotten really

Nov 25, 2013, 10:45 AM [ in reply to Re: First game at Willy-B ]

nasty in that place.

Went two years ago I was sitting with the USC brother in law. He apologized all night for the actions of his chicken brethren.

GO TIGERS!!

Remove any car flags, magnets before you go in...

Nov 25, 2013, 10:34 AM

the flags will be broken off and your magnets will be stolen. Been there, seen that..

Nov 25, 2013, 10:45 AM

Lock your car and watch your kids.Since you'll be tailgating in a 'lovely' parking lot (which you will pay handsomely to do),bring the Nerf football as the kids won't be able to throw it any further than 10 feet without hitting someone else. You will enjoy the spectacle that is Willy B as the Coot fans do their best to imitate Ga. fans and put their upbringing on display. Lock you car. Did I say that already? You will be enjoying some of Columbia's finest scenery so bring a camera so you will have photos for the scrapbook, or in case the detectives need a description of the perpetrator. Good Luck and Lock Your Car.

Thanks

Nov 25, 2013, 11:22 AM

I don't have kids, so I've just got to take care of myself. Hoping my car isn't the one we're taking there

Tetanus Shot***

Nov 25, 2013, 10:58 AM

Nov 25, 2013, 3:05 PM

Take some cell phone video of them and post it. I love showing the dirtpeckers just how classless they really are.

Also, don't be shy about complaining to an usher if they are throwing things or using bad language.

Replies: 23
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic