Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Terry don
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 12
| visibility 2,338

Terry don

Sep 10, 2012, 11:13 PM

Would have to say....we wouldn't be where we are today without him. He made some gutsy moves. If u don't think so, explain.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Terry don

Sep 10, 2012, 11:16 PM

I'll always disagree with giving TB huge increases and extensions. I couldn't see the justification for any of that. He got swindled by Bowden. That should not happen.

It took some guts to admit being wrong and stand up to the

Sep 11, 2012, 12:59 AM

Bowden is a good Christian man and shouldn't be fired crowd.

But in the end Bowden was out.......do u think td had much to do with that?***

Sep 10, 2012, 11:19 PM

Re: Terry don

Sep 10, 2012, 11:19 PM

He's leaving us in better shape than he got here

Brad Brownell: more losses than any other coach in school history.

I disagree

Sep 10, 2012, 11:21 PM

1. We have relatively nothing to show championship wise during his tenure for all of our sports
2. He does little to no fundraising for capital projects
3. He has made some very very dumb decisions over his tenure. For everything he did right he had 10 bonehead decisions

Yes....he was the guy who met with contractors to get us going facility wise....but to be honest everyone knew we had to start throwing some cash down on facilities.....we need a guy to take CU to the next level.

TDP was a prime case of mediocrity. Doing the bare minimum. Go to an IPTAY meeting.....bet you rarely if ever will see him

During the last years of OPIE, Bowden and TDP...

Sep 11, 2012, 2:19 AM

I would have fired the entire bunch. Bowden stayed five years after he wore his welcome out with me. OPIE couldn't recruit worth a crap. I love the kids that played for us but OPIE didn't know how to run an offense or we wouldn't have played that full court press crap.

TDP should have fired OPIE two or three years before he left us standing in the lurch and TB before he extorted many millions of dollars from Clemson.

As far as hiring Dabo, even a blind squirrel finds a nut every now and again. Dabo is worth his weight in gold, no, platinum no he is priceless to me. TDP was just trying to save money to save face for the chit he let TB pull on us.

I was delighted to know that we'd finally gotten rid of the last of the three.

Message was edited by: ClemsonTiger1988®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

and the thing about that hire was the coach he was being

Sep 11, 2012, 6:15 AM

forced to fire told him to hire Dabo! TDP did what the coach being fired told him to do!

Re: During the last years of OPIE, Bowden and TDP...

Sep 11, 2012, 8:28 AM [ in reply to During the last years of OPIE, Bowden and TDP... ]

LS

70-84
20-60
1 NIT

OPIE

138-90
50-62[28-20 in last 3 years]
3 NIT, 3 NC2A
not sure of all the records for cu basketball his teams set.

OPIE did what OPIE was paid to do then left. cu is better off for it, but to #### on the guy that took an absolute joke of a program to 3 straight NC2A appearances is overbored.

is he a flawed coach? sure, if you'd like.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I disagree

Sep 10, 2012, 11:22 PM

Do u think he was forced out?

Are we still writing checks to a coach that doesn't coach?

Sep 11, 2012, 7:39 AM

I'm getting old, so correct me if the Alzheimer's is kicking in, but didn't we give Tommy boy a raise and extension every time he lost a string of games and then pretended that some powerhouse like 'Bama was trying to ###### him away from us?

we still writing checks to a coach that doesn't coach?Yep

Sep 11, 2012, 8:41 AM

as I recall w are in year 4 of a 6 year payout

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

TDP's offenses

Sep 11, 2012, 9:31 AM

Just off the top of my head

Forced out a women's basketball coach who had multiple NCAA tournament runs (some say he was being pressured to hire a woman)

Forced out a men's soccer coach with a final four appearance and multiple deep tournament runs because of a legal matter that was later dropped.

Killed the men's and women's swimming programs despite the fact that alumni had pledged the money for necessary facilities improvements (Men's swimming had one of their best years ever in its final season)

Represented the school poorly by being seen napping at multiple Clemson sporting events (why even show up?)

Replies: 12
| visibility 2,338
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic