Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TNET: Clemson isn't going anywhere, despite what the opposition thinks
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 34
| visibility 1

TNET: Clemson isn't going anywhere, despite what the opposition thinks

Jan 7, 2021, 8:01 AM

Clemson isn't going anywhere, despite what the opposition thinks

The days and weeks following a disheartening loss are filled with doubt and questions, especially when it happens to a program that has reached the national status of a school like Clemson. For the haters, it’s a chance they don’t get very often, to stand up and thump their chests and proclaim that Clemson is now on the downhill slope. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I beg to differ. Clemson is most certainly going somewhere

Jan 7, 2021, 8:10 AM

BACK TO THE ACCGC.
BACK TO THE CFP
and BACK TO THE NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP GAME

Will they win again?
Yes probably so. Most likely not every time but they will win it all again!!

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I beg to differ. Clemson is most certainly going somewhere

Jan 7, 2021, 12:54 PM

Absolutely!

Counting all our returning 'Seniors' if they are factored into the recruiting class, we have one of the best lineups in the country again for 2021. DJ5 will have a great season!

Our real problem for years has been the fact that we do not have an Offensive line that opens holes consistently, but they can pass block. As I watch other teams their Offensive lines hold on every play, with their arms tucked in grabbing the jerseys in the middle of the chest. All the SEC and Big 10 teams do it, so we have to 'modify' our blocking techniques. Look at the LSU, Notre Dame (2) and OSU (2) games, and they are holding our D-Line on every play, and it is rarely called. Watch the Alabama vs. OSU game and both teams will be holding on every play, particularly on running plays. That is one reason the 3-4 defense works, it is tougher to hold linebackers and get away with it on every play.

Looking for another AWESOME 2021, and wish Clemson Graduates TL16, ETN and the others that move on the best of luck in their future endeavors!

The Basketball and Baseball teams should have a great 2021 season! Have fun watching...

Go Tigers, Beat Jawja next up!

Jan 7, 2021, 8:03 PM

I am so glad that someone else saw the holding on almost every play OSU ran. I was just unbelievable to me that it didn't get called more often. They finally called in at the end of the game.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 7, 2021, 3:29 PM [ in reply to I beg to differ. Clemson is most certainly going somewhere ]

Again and Again!!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Well Said!***

Jan 7, 2021, 10:47 PM [ in reply to I beg to differ. Clemson is most certainly going somewhere ]

Re: TNET: Clemson isn't going anywhere, despite what the opposition thinks

Jan 7, 2021, 8:16 AM

Great news! Hope the guys who haven't announced all return. Depth and experience will be crucial this coming year. And maybe they can play in a packed Death Valley!!

Go Tigers!!

Not going anywhere, and maybe thats the issue.

Jan 7, 2021, 8:18 AM

We have GOT to get a P5 level O-line or we will continue to struggle vs elite teams. There really is no excuse for a program like Clemson not to have a capable offensive line. As another article mentioned earlier this week - next year Clemson will have 6 linemen that were top 150 players. If you cant cobble together decent line play from that, something (someone) needs to change.

Re: Not going anywhere, and maybe thats the issue.

Jan 7, 2021, 8:22 AM

Your logic seems flawed. You mention if we don’t improve we will “struggle” against elite opponents? THEY ARE ELITE! Do you think we should be blowing the doors off ELITE opponents? No. Playing against top competition will always be a struggle a grind, and a challenge.

OK

Jan 7, 2021, 11:08 AM [ in reply to Not going anywhere, and maybe thats the issue. ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Brad Brownell: Only Larry freaking Shyatt has a WORSE overall winning percentage among Clemson basketball coaches since 1975. Let that sink in. It's Larry Shyatt & then Brad Brownell.

The sky isn't falling like a lot of fans here think, but....

Jan 7, 2021, 8:52 AM

to act like everything Clemson's doing is "perfect" is equally as ignorant.

After 2 BLOWOUT losses in the last 2 playoff games Clemson/coaches needs to have a "look in the mirror". I personally liked it better when we had the chip on our shoulder and carried ourselves with a little more humility (both players and coaches) OR if you're not going to have humility then DON'T get your doors blown off in the playoff game. Tweaks of offensive & defensive playcalling, strategic utilization of transfer portal, Oline improvement (next year we will have 6-7 rivals 250 Olinemen, MUST GET BETTER)

Re: The sky isn't falling like a lot of fans here think, but....

Jan 7, 2021, 9:09 AM

Not sure if I agree with all your comments, but I think that we are now the "hunted" instead of the "hunter" and that the mental aspect of the game is equally important to the physical. I believe Dabo had always motivated players using the "disrespect" card that the media would throw our way (in the earlier years of success), however, that is a little more difficult when you have the success that we have had. What will be our new "fuel" to motivate and dominate games? We likely will not have commentators and Vegas lines stating that we have no chance of winning (like when we dominated Oklahoma, Ohio State in the earlier years of our successful run).

Jan 7, 2021, 9:17 AM [ in reply to The sky isn't falling like a lot of fans here think, but.... ]

Do you remember beating Alabama like a drum 44-16 in the National championship game? It happens. Even to the best. Do improvements need to be made? Yes of course. Even when we win it all and are on top there is still room and need for improvements.

Jan 7, 2021, 10:05 AM

After that game, did all the naysayers and talking heads decry the demise of 'bama?

No

Same should be true for us

Jan 7, 2021, 3:44 PM

You can't, and you should never expect the fake fans to give any props to the team that they hate. They come on T-Net posing to be Tigers hoping they can get away with talking down our team with hopes of starting the real fans to argue among ourselves. When you see someone is talking down our team, blast them like they did something to your family member, bc they did!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 7, 2021, 11:57 AM [ in reply to Re: The sky isn't falling like a lot of fans here think, but.... ]

Yes, we thumpedAlabama and they were, in Finbaum’s. Words, the “best college football team of all time”. They seemed to make a great comeback after that loss

Jan 7, 2021, 2:30 PM

Are you suggesting we will not make a come back like Bama did?

Jan 7, 2021, 3:37 PM [ in reply to Re: The sky isn't falling like a lot of fans here think, but.... ]

Exactly, you can never be too good, there is always room for improvement even when you're the best that ever was!!!

I agree, we seem to have gotten complacent

Jan 7, 2021, 4:28 PM [ in reply to The sky isn't falling like a lot of fans here think, but.... ]

and perhaps even a bit arrogant.

In both the LSU game last year, and the Ohio State game this year, I didn't see a willingness of our team to adapt. I didn't see any adjustments made on either side of the ball. I don't claim to be a football expert, so perhaps I'm wrong, but it just seemed that we felt we could just keep doing what we usually do and it would be enough to win. Clearly, it wasn't.

The concern over our team becoming arrogant is based on a few things. Don't get me wrong, we aren't like Miami of the 80s and 90s, but based on our standard at Clemson, it seems that some of our players as well as Dabo have become more outspoken - and not in a good way. Perhaps it's due to players being allowed on social media, or Dabo being tired of being asked certain questions, but some of those comments have come across in a bad way in my opinion.

I don't think any of this is a conscious decision. I doubt our coaches and players are even aware of it. But I've seen a trend over the past year with the above issues, and I admit it concerns me. Our team is full of good people from top to bottom, and I don't want to see our recent success go to anyone's head.

I'm confident the team will get things fixed, but to do so it will take humility and a willingness to take a thorough inventory of where things currently stand.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Booth?

Jan 7, 2021, 8:56 AM

What happened to Booth this year - some really awesome plays earlier in the season, but I didn't really see him on the field later in season against ND or OSU. But maybe I missed. He appeared to be a bright spot in secondary this year (asset for next year).

Re: Booth?

Jan 8, 2021, 8:03 AM

It looks like he may have missed VT and the second ND game, but he still made enough plays for 2nd team all-ACC.

2020: Second-team All-ACC pick … also earned second-team All-ACC honors from the AP and PFF … recorded three tackles and a pass breakup at Wake Forest … made one tackle vs. The Citadel … registered three tackles (all solo), two pass breakups and a highlight-reel one-handed interception vs. Virginia, which his interceptions and pass breakups coming in coverage against two 6-foot-7 Cavalier targets … earned ACC Defensive Back of the Week and shared team defensive player of the game honors for that performance against Virginia … recorded a tackle for loss and an acrobatic pass breakup vs. No. 7 Miami … credited with a team-high seven tackles (one for loss) and his first career sack at Georgia Tech … registered five tackles and a 21-yard fumble return touchdown vs. Syracuse … contributed five tackles (0.5 for loss) vs. Boston College … added two tackles at No. 4 Notre Dame … recorded a tackle and his second career interception vs. Pitt … had two tackles in Sugar Bowl vs. No. 3 Ohio State.

Jan 7, 2021, 9:32 AM

Idiots always look at things in the wrong way. Instead of hoping for Clemson to fall apart, they should hope their own teams get better. There are a lot of ACC teams, for example, that used to be powerhouses that suck now. There's Miami, Florida State, Virginia Tech and Pitt that used to terrorize college football. They all need to get better and carry their end of the bargain.

Terrorize college football... Pitt? Your going back to the

Jan 7, 2021, 10:22 AM

Dan Marino days? That's ancient history to most of today's T-netters.

Jan 7, 2021, 11:00 AM

There's been a lot of wonderful Clemson fans on here that are smart about football. They get labeled as traitors and coots and doomsday. All because they may point out something negative. There's no denying we had busts in recruiting 17-19. We got great skilled position players that boosted our class ratings but we got holes in key areas as has been mentioned and discussed. Posters that point that out shouldn't get run off.

Yes, Clemson will blow through the ACC, win title, get in CFP but it's not bad to want to recruit like Bama, OSU, and yes, even uga. All 3 teams were slow to change offensively and for the most part felt an average QB game manager got the job done.

CBV came along and busted that theory up. The game is always evolving. Doesn't mean they'll always win, but will win more than not.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 7, 2021, 3:56 PM

If you don't know the posters you're talking about is, that means that you haven't been on T-Net very long. Most of know the ones that are very knowledgeable of the ends and out of the game of FB, and when they speak we do listen. But those that have a very low post count, and they have been a member for a long time, or they have just become a member, and they are talking chit about our team, they're faking to be a real Tiger fan, and they're not!!!

SKALSKI and TURNER!!!

Jan 7, 2021, 11:05 AM

Coming back?!? Hope so!!
Still hoping for the big things we’ve been looking for from XT as well. The idea of returning all 11 defensive starters is fantastic!!!

GO TIGERS!!!!! 240 DAYS!

Re: SKALSKI and TURNER!!!

Jan 7, 2021, 11:08 AM

yes

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Winning is fun

Jan 7, 2021, 1:12 PM

and the Tigers are the standard in the ACC. Not looking for Clemson to win it all every year but if you are ranked #1 or #2 or #3 or #4 in the final poll and in the playoffs you need to be competitive and consistent to hang with the big boys. If not then it will be a matter of time before the talk will be not belonging like Notre Dame. Hopefully the other teams e ACC will get better and provide a challenge. Also, not a fan when the schedule has The Citadel or SC State or Wofford as opponents. These just seem no more than a scrimmage. Now, does the future look bright for the Tigers? Absolutely it does and the focus and drive and the attack mentality will prove it one way or the other when they start with Georgia next year.

Jan 7, 2021, 3:28 PM

Thank You David Hood, but that won't stop the fake Tigers fans from screaming the sky is falling. They are screamers that won't stop until our Tigers slam it to their favorite girl. The fans that will have have a chance next season, we won't hear much from them bc they understand that Clemson's cup boards are loaded, and they know that bragging has never won a single game. It's the fake Tiger fans that do all the screaming bc Clemson has been ramming it to their favorite girl for years, with no signs in site that our guys will stop abusing them!!! Go Tiger, our guys will again next season make the screamers scream!!!

Jan 7, 2021, 5:39 PM

Can't see XT going anywhere! He's not come close to his potential, all he has to do is look at how Travis has bettered his position in the draft! He'll stay, he's a fool if he declares! Course we're hugely deep, but his potential at one time was through the roof! Go Tigers!!!

Jan 7, 2021, 7:24 PM

I guess Mr Hale should have said ... Clemson isn’t going away. That wouldn’t have been as confusing for some.

My Tigers will need to improve during the off season and they will. I can think of no area where they will surely not improve. The competition will likely improve too.

Wait, what? I thought we were cycling out. You mean I don't

Jan 7, 2021, 6:23 PM

have to be scared to death of the coots?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 7, 2021, 11:09 PM

The ONLY position I have concerns about is the O line. Agree with other posters who question how we have elite talent at other positions and a 2 star starting offensive lineman. I will trust you recruiting gurus that O line talent is coming.

Jan 8, 2021, 4:11 PM

Clemson is not one of top five great historical programs.
Compare Clemson to Ohio State. The number of titles doesn't tell the stories. What tells the stories is that nearly every decade since Woody they have been on championship- or near championship- level- Woody to Bruce to Cooper to Tressel to Urban to Day. Some down years. But not many.

Clemson has had down decades. We already see in 2021 and 2022 recruiting class Ohio State and Alabama are leaving Clemson behind.

Jan 8, 2021, 4:20 PM

And yet, you've only managed to beat us ONE SINGLE TIME....that must hurt a lot for you to spend as much time over here that you already have.....

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 34
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic