Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Telling..when KellyB overthrew a wide open Renfrow for a TD he went to bench &
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 20
| visibility 8,154

Telling..when KellyB overthrew a wide open Renfrow for a TD he went to bench &

Apr 14, 2018, 10:19 PM

died within himself..knowing in his heart (and sadly in mine too) that the QB position was truly up for grabs & he may well be dethroned..after such a super season for himself & Clemson in 2017.

I’ve never seen that sad of a look on KB’s face & his head hung low..to such a level that even his player friends came over to console him. He Knew; they knew; we knew!

It’s gonna be a tough emotional summer & fall for him if he can’t get his vertical passing game going.

I care about & respect KB very much and always will.

Oh, remember the OHst QB we killed umpteen times in the Orange Bowl win (Barrett?).. he turned WR next year & did great and got a NFL job.

Saying, we can use KB same way or as RB or Slot Receiver.

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Telling..when KellyB overthrew a wide open Renfrow for a TD he went to bench &

Apr 14, 2018, 10:24 PM

Consoling or coddling? Like what’s been done the past couple seasons.

He will start the season...simply bc Dabo has a loyalty problem and he will make that known to the entire fan base.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution." - Abraham Lincoln

Re: Telling..when KellyB overthrew a wide open Renfrow for a TD he went to bench &

Apr 14, 2018, 10:30 PM

jsebe10® said:

Dabo has a loyalty problem

There are worse problems to have.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Like Dabo Had Another QB Big Game Ready in 2017

Apr 14, 2018, 10:32 PM [ in reply to Re: Telling..when KellyB overthrew a wide open Renfrow for a TD he went to bench & ]

These loyalty problem posts truly illustrate a fundamental misunderstanding of team dynamics and talent assessment. Now if TL continues his development over the summer, I think it will be obvious that he is the starter and Dabo will make the right choice.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Hey, we agree on something

Apr 14, 2018, 10:34 PM

That's cool

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 15, 2018, 1:00 AM [ in reply to Re: Telling..when KellyB overthrew a wide open Renfrow for a TD he went to bench & ]

"Consoling or Coddling?"

Consoling would mean they told him to keep his head up and get it back on the next series. Coddling would mean they told him he didn't even miss the throws. To me, it seemed pretty clear that was going on. They were being good teammates and trying to get his head right.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I appreciate all he’s done, but he so did not

Apr 14, 2018, 10:29 PM

look comfortable today.

Apr 14, 2018, 10:31 PM

I noticed that as well LBB. I expect Bryant to put the work in this summer to help him keep the job. He didn’t get where he is today by being a quitter and he will not quit now.

Apr 14, 2018, 10:39 PM

Nah, he’s far from a quitter but there’s a reason why we couldn’t run an up tempo vertical offense last year.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 14, 2018, 10:32 PM

You know lbb, that’s one of the more truth and honest assessments I’ve seen poasted. It almost seems like the more he tries, the harder it becomes.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 14, 2018, 10:35 PM

He over threw a wide open Milan Richard in that same series also

Apr 14, 2018, 10:47 PM

Yeah, it was really painful to watch.

Apr 14, 2018, 10:41 PM

KB is a great athlete and has great potential to play at the next level (but not as a QB). Hope he gets to show his ability as a receiver or running back some this season because it will definitely help him come draft time......Go Tigers!!!!!

IF, and that's a big IF, KB moved to a new position, it would NOT

Apr 15, 2018, 12:09 AM

be to wide receiver, which is the deepest position on the team! Probably not running back either. Most likely would have to be safety, since we don't have much depth there. But, did KB ever play defense at all, in high school?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: IF, and that's a big IF, KB moved to a new position, it would NOT

Apr 15, 2018, 8:48 AM

I wanna say he did for jv

Well Said, Lightbulb....

Apr 15, 2018, 12:47 AM

well said. I hope the hurt doesn't make the difference for him. I couldn't stand to see him hurt.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Well Said, Lightbulb....

Apr 15, 2018, 12:54 AM

Same way I felt last year . . I don't want to KB to win the job. That to me, means someone beat him. That means we have a better QB playing the game. Last year, he was the best, I understand. I do think Johnson should have played more and maybe we win another game. But I would love to see KB get beat out this year ., we would be stronger. I think we know KBs celling. If we want to go farther this year, it's going to be with another QB. If KB is the best, it definitely limits us.

Apr 15, 2018, 7:48 AM

So, KB is a worse QB than TL, HJ, and CB, but a better RB than TL, TE, and AC, or a better slot receiver than HR and 3 or 4 others. I need to go back to school and take Football 101 again because I'm a complete idiot for not understanding that logic.

and Streeter even went out there with him

Apr 15, 2018, 8:08 AM

We didn't see that with Tajh or DW4. They led and coached the younger QBs in the spring game.

I feel for KB but ultimately want what most helps us win.

The downside of TLaw is he doesn't fully know the system and hasn't played a real game at college speed.

There is no magic solution here.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 15, 2018, 8:20 AM

I saw the same thing and he was very frustrated. WRs last year knew it and the other teams knew it would be by chance that Kelly would connect on a deep ball. THe change is coming. It is when I am worry about. He could be NFL safety. He is not going to be a NFL qb. TL is going to be gone in 3 years. Clock is ticking. It would be good for HJ/TL get the fall camp reps. I do feel bad for KB. I for one had hope for him. Somethings just do not pan out. We all go through it. It is just life.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

KB knows. He's been to every practice

Apr 15, 2018, 8:32 AM

He knows TL and HJ routinely make throws he can't make. He knows he had to be at his very best yesterday to hit plays TL and HJ will make on instinct and repetition 70% of the time. That's one reason KB felt pressure and missed at least three wide open throws. Despite all this T-Net grandstanding about the pressure of college games, TL and HJ have been to elite national camps and outplayed every QB in the country, including Fromm and Tua, in competive drills and game conditions, under NFL QB leadership who knows far more than Dabo and TE about qualifying QB skill sets. There is plenty of pressure competing against the very best at these camps and there was pressure yesterday.

This is no swipe at Dabo. He is the best recruiter and communicator in college football and has built the program the right way exceeding every expectation. Clemson is very fortunate to have him, and we would not trade him for Saban which says it all. Dabo knows winning is about talent but equally about team chemistry. When Christian Wilkins and other upperclass leaders, maybe even including KB, tell Dabo they understand TL or HJ can make more plays and take the team further, and the young bucks prove they can bring the real leadership in summer practices and scrimmages, only then will the reins be handed over. Whatever Dabo chooses to do with starting QB job which is his decision alone, I am optimistic this smart coach will provide some 1st team reps to prepare the QB position and the team for a long and prosperous season.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 20
| visibility 8,154
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic