Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Clemson Has Six Former Players at NFL Combine
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 15
| visibility 1

Feb 17, 2009, 4:30 PM

Clemson has six former players who will be attending the NFL combine at Lucas Oil Stadium in Indianapolis, IN February 18-24. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

over/under for draftees?***

Feb 17, 2009, 4:31 PM

My father was a relentlessly self-improving boulangerie owner from Belgium with low grade narcolepsy and a penchant for buggery. My mother was a fifteen year old French prostitute named Chloe with webbed feet. My father would womanize, he would drink. He would make outrageous claims like he invented the question mark. Sometimes he would accuse chestnuts of being lazy. The sort of general malaise that only the genius possess and the insane lament.

Re: over/under for draftees?***

Feb 17, 2009, 4:34 PM

who goes first in the draft, Davis, Kelley, Hamlin? Also, where does Clemmons get drafted? Seems like he played very well this year and was in on a ton of tackles.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'd say Kelley, but depends on Davis' combine***

Feb 17, 2009, 4:36 PM

My father was a relentlessly self-improving boulangerie owner from Belgium with low grade narcolepsy and a penchant for buggery. My mother was a fifteen year old French prostitute named Chloe with webbed feet. My father would womanize, he would drink. He would make outrageous claims like he invented the question mark. Sometimes he would accuse chestnuts of being lazy. The sort of general malaise that only the genius possess and the insane lament.

Who's Kelley?***

Feb 17, 2009, 7:29 PM

Tell me you're kidding..................

Feb 19, 2009, 5:39 PM

Aaron Kelly.................#21

My guess

Feb 17, 2009, 4:38 PM [ in reply to Re: over/under for draftees?*** ]

Davis - 3rd Rd
Hamlin - 3rd Rd
Scott - 6th Rd
Harper - 7th Rd

Undrafted FA's: Clemson and Kelly

I'm hardly a draft guru, though.. Just my gut feeling.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I disagree....If Kelly runs a descent 40 in the...

Feb 19, 2009, 5:36 PM

combine.U watch,his stock will SORE.Same goes for Hamlin and Davis.
I'm hoping Kelly can pull off a 4.5...but I see him at more of a 4.65....Same for Hamlin.
Some had Davis listed a year ago of running a 4.41.I don't see him running that at the combine.Probably more like 4.55 at best.........#21

the breakdown

Feb 17, 2009, 7:35 PM [ in reply to over/under for draftees?*** ]

Michael Hamlin - Mid Second
Aaron Kelly - Late Second
James Davis - Mid Third
Chris Clemons - Late Fourth
Cullen Harper - Late Fourth
Dorell Scott - Mid Sixth

good luck cullen! those other 5 guys don't need it as much

Feb 17, 2009, 5:58 PM

as you do. ;)

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

FAT TAX NOW!

Re: good luck cullen! those other 5 guys don't need it as much

Feb 17, 2009, 6:26 PM

Cullen is a very good quarterback, you saw what he can do with a decent line from the 07 season this season he didnt have a good line so you cant judge him. he owns 27 clemson records

Re: good luck cullen! those other 5 guys don't need it as much

Feb 17, 2009, 9:58 PM

07 he threw bubble screens about 80% of the time. you can't judge a quarterback on how well he throws bubble screens, either.

he proved this year that he is great at running backwards and then leaning over and taking it in the rear.

Harper Won't be Drafted

Feb 18, 2009, 11:14 AM

Davis and Hamlin will likely go late 2nd round; however, Davis has the tools to show out at the combine and even go late 1st round.
Aaron Kelly, will go very late, but I think he'll go the way of Derrick Hamilton, and eventually fall through the cracks. He doesn't have enough weight, speed, or strength to compete on the next level. Additonally, he catches w/ his chest rather than his hands. Honestly, I think Grisham would have a better chance at wr at the pro level just b/c of the precedent set by Wes Welker. Kelley's a great kid, so I hope I'm wrong.
I don't see any upside whatsoever to Harper. He has an injured shoulder that wasn't particularly too great when it was healthy. He makes very poor decisions under pressure, and even when he has a pocket, he runs out of it and gets in trouble (see Gator Bowl '09). I agree with whoever posted that his stats are inflated by bubble screens and check downs. I can only reference one game where he truly made a difference for Clemson--BC '08. He played hard, hurt his shoulder, and still through it well. Unfortunately, his best pass of the year was dropped by Kelley down the sideline and we lost. But Harper looked great. I suppose if he somehow shows that level of ability to the scouts, someone MAY pick him up.

Re: Harper Won't be Drafted

Feb 19, 2009, 7:21 AM

I think Kelly will find a home in the NFL. He is tall and can get up, he may not have blazing speed, but he works hard and also is willing to block.
Harper better hope the CFL calls. He could not hold a clipboard for Joey Harrington, plus he has no class (see his comments about Bowden). I just cannot see an NFL team drafting him after the Gator Bowl.
Davis; I am not sure about, could be great as ge was at times at CU, could bust. I would say round 3-4 maybe even 5.

You're probably right on Harper but....

Feb 19, 2009, 5:38 PM

I think Kelly's draft status will come down to 1 thing...what he runs the 40 in.Same for Hamlin.....#21

Heres How I have it......

Feb 19, 2009, 5:31 PM

James Davis-Mid to late 3rd RD
Michael Hamlin-late 2nd to early 3rd RD.
Chris Clemons-5th to 6th rd
Cullen Harper-6th rd.
Aaron Kelly-3rd RD
D. Scott-5th rd.

this is based on the way things are right now.I think Davis,Kelly and Hamlin could push their stock up enormously by running good 40 times ALONE in the combines......................#21

Replies: 15
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic